IGNORED

Dead Falang ????

Addicts-Addick

Last night or early this morning ( thurs 8thnov ) i was driving along beach road at about 02.20 when i got to around Soi 9 by the police

station there was loads of police cars and police on motor bikes and i could see there had been an accident the traffic was blocked

up realy bad but when i got there i could see a Falang man flat out on the road with nobody attending to him or helping him, There

was a large pool of blood under his head.. I realy think he was Dead..

I tried to pull over I know there is nothing i could have done but i thought maybe because he was one of us I should But the Police

got very angry and told me to keep going.

I hope to God I am wrong but i am sure he was dead-did anyone else see this or have you heard anything please let us know..

Last night or early this morning ( thurs 8thnov ) i was driving along beach road at about 02.20 when i got to around Soi 9 by the police

station there was loads of police cars and police on motor bikes and i could see there had been an accident the traffic was blocked

up realy bad but when i got there i could see a Falang man flat out on the road with nobody attending to him or helping him, There

was a large pool of blood under his head.. I realy think he was Dead..

I tried to pull over I know there is nothing i could have done but i thought maybe because he was one of us I should But the Police

got very angry and told me to keep going.

I hope to God I am wrong but i am sure he was dead-did anyone else see this or have you heard anything please let us know..

English man dies after falling from fast moving Baht Bus on Pattaya Beach Road.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_08_11_50_2.htm

I feel so sorry for the guy...45 years old...bloody hell!!

But I never use the platform..If there ain't a seat I wait for the next one.....Surprised ( but thankfull) it doesn't happen more often

Gutted for the guy. And to rub salt in the wound of the family the lowlife at Pattaya city news is posting the poor bastards death for the whole world to see and also putting his passport details up for all to see therefore making ID theft a high possibility.

Ex pats, why do you put up with this????

And to rub salt in the wound of the family the lowlife at Pattaya city news is posting the poor bastards death for the whole world to see

I don't want to fuck up a thread but I totally agree..Everytime I see photos like this it reminds me of the photos in the UK newspapers of 2 friends/colleagues that were executed by the IRA in Belfast...which also goes to show it's not just Thai newspapers...

A drunk guy gets on the back of a Baht bus doesn't sit down and only holds on with one hand. His death is a sad event but why did they lock up the Baht bus driver? it's no wonder Thai's run away from any road accidents if this is what happens.

Hope the driver can continue doing his job and isn't made a scapegoat.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

A drunk guy gets on the back of a Baht bus doesn't sit down and only holds on with one hand. His death is a sad event but why did they lock up the Baht bus driver? it's no wonder Thai's run away from any road accidents if this is what happens.

Hope the driver can continue doing his job and isn't made a scapegoat.

As sad as this is I have to agree that the guy literally took his life in his own hands. The driver may be partially to blame depending on how he was driving but the deceased certainly had better options than the one he chose as well. Hopefully some others can learn from this terrible accident.

As sad as this is I have to agree that the guy literally took his life in his own hands. The driver may be partially to blame depending on how he was driving but the deceased certainly had better options than the one he chose as well. Hopefully some others can learn from this terrible accident.

I agree too. I have pulled a few mates off that part of the BB because basically, it is asking for trouble.

Gutted for the guy. And to rub salt in the wound of the family the lowlife at Pattaya city news is posting the poor bastards death for the whole world to see and also putting his passport details up for all to see therefore making ID theft a high possibility.

Ex pats, why do you put up with this????

Q WHAT THE F--K CAN WE DO TO STOP IT i agree its disgusting but you know Thailand has its own way and its own rules not always good...

Khun Kempet, the Baht Bus Driver accepted responsibility for the accident and will now be processed in accordance with the Law.

//////////

As sad as this is that the guy is dead, I fail to see how the driver could have done anything about it, the guy was drunk by the sound of it ?

Q WHAT THE F--K CAN WE DO TO STOP IT i agree its disgusting but you know Thailand has its own way and its own rules not always good...

I know what you mean. But there are ways which can't be posted.

Assuming the BB Driver was sober and not under the influence of drugs (whether they test for these as matter of routine in Thailand I don't know) tragic as it is the guy was simply crazy to stand on the platform even more so at that time of night...

A valuable lesson can be learned by all from this tragedy and those less drunk than others when using BB should warn those who choose to ride the platform of the dangers...

I have seen more than a few fall off the back over the many years of visiting Thailand, the Thai's seem instinctively to be able forward roll and nearly always get up and walk away, unless of course they get splatted by the bus 2 feet behind....

Tough break for sure and even tougher on the family left behind with Christmas being so close...

people who have never been to Thailand in England have a poor perception of risk. when the coup took place last year I had emails and calls from all and sundry, when on the ground it was a regular nite out on the town. I always tell them the greatest risk of injury out here is some sort of traffic accident.

That was just very sad to see, i guess we all have to be carefull when we are over there i kind ok think bus driver got the raw end of this as this was not his fault, diffrent country diffrent rules

Fuck me!!

Yesterday I had 2 near accidents with ignorant Falang on motorbikes. Both had no idea what they where doing!

Then a helmit fell out of a Thai's motorbike basket (not wearing) that I had to avoid all within 1 hour.

This morning 2 falangs on motorbilkes fell of or had a crash on Naklua Road.

The high season has started. :25::)

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Fuck me!!

Yesterday I had 2 near accidents with ignorant Falang on motorbikes. Both had no idea what they where doing!

Then a helmit fell out of a Thai's motorbike basket (not wearing) that I had to avoid all within 1 hour.

This morning 2 falangs on motorbilkes fell of or had a crash on Naklua Road.

The high season has started. :25::)

Was you sober ? :Insanity: Bushy ive seen you drive with no helmet and pissed ? :P

it was saying on the new's her in n.ireland that he is from belfast and heading back to the hotel to collect the bag's and heading to the airport

it was saying on the new's her in n.ireland that he is from belfast and heading back to the hotel to collect the bag's and heading to the airport

Yeah, his name is Michael Morrison, he is a DJ here in Belfast in a hotel/nightclub called Benedicts in the city centre (Affectionatly known as Bendydicks) The poor guy was due to go home, he has been to Los a few times, Im just wondering if he is possibly a BM??

According to his passport his name is Mark Morrison so guess it isn't the same fella as Michael Morrison.

Either way the pics don't show much respect for the dead.

I always find this hard to stomach with the Thai news. I recall on my last trip a child had been killed by a runaway lorry and they broadcast it on the TV news, not scenes I really needed to see let alone the family.

According to his passport his name is Mark Morrison so guess it isn't the same fella as Michael Morrison.

Either way the pics don't show much respect for the dead.

I always find this hard to stomach with the Thai news. I recall on my last trip a child had been killed by a runaway lorry and they broadcast it on the TV news, not scenes I really needed to see let alone the family.

If it's thai TV then we can't complain but this is run by a ENGLISH man that does not have much brains. The guy HATES Thai people too and regualry makes fun of them when they die. But as they say what goes around comes around.

Desperately sad news and as a previous poster said, surprisingly (but thankfully) it does not happen more often with the many who stand on the rear platform while under the influence.

Baby-1.gif

people who have never been to Thailand in England have a poor perception of risk. when the coup took place last year I had emails and calls from all and sundry, when on the ground it was a regular nite out on the town. I always tell them the greatest risk of injury out here is some sort of traffic accident.

I was in the last major coup the one in 1990?? I think...

I was staying at Royal hotel in Bangkok near the Grand Palace and Ko San Road, with my then Thai wife and 26 week old son...

We had been there a few days when our regular taxi driver said its time to go to family village today, big trouble coming he said, protest marches passing all day...I said OK we go in the morning about 3.00 am we get knock on door and I opened the door thinking bloody crazy taxi driver he's got the time wrong, only to find a group of masked men complete with guns an all that...

I try to hide the fact I'm shit scared and put on my best stiff upper lip and all that and said yes what can I do for you, he said you have to go now we burn hotel down, he said taxi driver good friend he wait for you outside..

We packed in minutes left the room and they came in with petrol a scattered it all over, as we left we saw smoke and flames billowing outta the windows it was all very polite and civilised just how it should be, some of rioting students even carried our bags down ...

My dad was en route to Bangkok, only hours before my brother had phoned asking if was OK for my 70 year dad to fly out the riots and protest's were on the TV in the UK yep I said no problems...

I told our driver when dad was arriving at Bangkok Airport and he picked him up he knew him quite well from previous visits and we all met up in Hua Hin and had a great time and spent the last few days back in Bangkok at an hotel just over the bridge and my claim to fame we appeared on the BBC World news me pushing the trolly with No 1 son in it through a crowd on protesters never felt unsafe but taxi ride to Hua Hin terrified me the driver was and still is quite crazy...

The King made an appeal for it to end and clear the park and within a few hours the park was empty and spotlessy clean ready for an annual gathering of the monks...

Four big no no's for me in Thailand...never use Tuk Tuks, never use bike taxis and never ride on the back or roof of BB or buses when out in the sticks...

More for Newbies and first timers this bit...

Roads are lethal in Thailand the cars, bikes and buses are loaded guns treat them as such Zebra crossings and Traffic Light Crossings are targets and your the bulls eye they aim at you and drive like hell to try and run you down...

Anything on the road driven by a local is loaded gun, remember this and hopefully you will survive your trip in one piece and if your getting blitzed get a mate or ask bar girl you think you can trust take you home, mamma sans are good in this respect get to know them and most will take of you if your solo...

I am now older and wiser so seldom these days do I get totally blitzed if I did the bars I visit know me and take care of me, I have woken the odd time behind the bar surrounded by the girls all asleep on the floor around me, mouth like inside of pair of arabs underpants, check bin near my head, wallet, watch and shoes all intact....

Become a regular in bar if they "accept you" well it opens up quite a few doors bit herein lies another story...

According to his passport his name is Mark Morrison

OMFG, I am so sorry

Especially as he was due for a comeback...