IGNORED

Penang - Hotel Reccomendation needed

berto1000

Hi guys,

I'll spend 4nights in Penang in March and I am still deciding where to stay. It's not a mongering trip (unless my 2 sexy friends will let me down): the plan is visiting Turtle Beach, Monkey Beach, a nice temple I heard about and then relaxing and enjoying some nightlife.

The idea is staying in Batu Ferringhi but let's see what I can get fro you.

Thanks a lot and Happy New Year everyone!

http://www.hotelmalaysia.com.my/index.aspx

When I was in Penang in 2011 I stayed at the hotel Malaysia. Great Location in the center of the commercial district and walking distance to the nightlife area and tourist sites.

Only downside was the music from the night food market next door. On the other hand the night food market was awesome I ate and drank there just about every night I was there

Hi,

I stayed in the Bayview hotel. Nice place, nice pool and backs on to beach. At the far end of Batu Ferringhi but only a few minutes walk from the start of the night market. Also had a massage place close by. Just don't expect a massage like you get in LoS!

Regards,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I was trying to find something in between a budget hotel like Malaysia/Mingood and the quite expensive Eastern and Oriental. Bayview seems fine: I'm down to that, the G hotel in Guerney Drive (read and heard very good things about it) and the Evergreen.

stayed in the E&O once years ago.  think it was like $150/night  back than  well worth it, no idea what it is now

The Eastern & Oriental recommended above was developed by the Sarky Brothers, who developed the Raffles hotel ... a great call if you've an interest in one of the Grand Dame hotels of Indochina and have the budget ... a fabulous property.

Alternatively, check out the Penaga hotel ...  abit more affordable ... charming heritage boutique hotel, prominently located near historical and commercial district; Old World Chinoiserie meets modern art ... a well-done blending of colonial past with Oriental architecture ... pre-war shophouses restored and furnished with antiques, historical prints, original artwork ... lush garden, saltwater pool ... proprietor is an architect who gets it ... www.hotelpenaga.com.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

stayed at the  tanjung bungah hotel             great value and views     outside terrace deck for brekky  all set on  small private beach.

midway tween georgetown and battu ferringhi.

• 2 months later...

juts back for  Penang an stayed at the Minigood, drove down my car from Phuket 9 1/2 hours, gave them the passport tuesday for a non B single entry ( 220 + 30 for service) an got back weds morn.

Good air con  good internet great location and only 100 MYR/night

Took the bus to the Kee lok see temple, hadn't been there in 29 years,  still an amazing place

Went to the E& O an met a manager who showed us around,  beautiful place an they just opened an additional building next door in Jan

Couldn't have  a better location

there were lots of hip style bars.restaurants across the street but not sure about ladies of the night,  Beer was 79 MYR/bottle!!!

Archived