Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

British Consulate in Pattaya finished for good

key visa thailand

Hi Guys,

For anyone who was not at the Pattaya Expats club yesterday the main speaker was Mr. Michael Hancock who is the Honory Consul for the British Embassy BKK and takes care of the whole of Thailand.

His speech was magical and gave a wonderful presentation on the services offered in BKK and the reason for the closure of the Consulate in Pattaya which they have put down to the office being too small, no toilet facilities, too hot etc. and made it plainly clear they will not be opening another Consulate in Pattaya and believe it or not they are worried about residents in Pattaya and they are very nice people and at least they had the guts to face the Pattaya residents in person.

We all have our own opinions but how to move forward is the reason for his talk, the interesting part was the figures show that they do twice as many affirmations to marry than pension letters, I spoke with Michael for more than one hour and he was asking me how do so many Brits stay here in Thailand that they do not know about and how do they get visas "my answer was no comment"

They are at the moment interviewing for a Consul officer for Pattaya but he will be doing no notarial svs i.e. pension letters he will be there just to check hospitals, prisons and the Police stations etc so documentation like affirmations to marry and notarial services people will still need to travel to the British Embassy BKK.

Michael and his staff were happy for residents of Pattaya to apply for there income letters for their visa via the post or by using a business to do on there behalf and our service fee of 300 baht has been well received since they closed the Consulate in Pattaya

http://www.keyvisath...with-no-hassle/

You will also be happy to know the pension letters have now come down in cost "just in time for the talk" and are currently now 2,250 baht.

Hope this helps and if you need anymore info you can always contact me

Cheers guys.

Posted Image

I think you are doing a great service and I will be very happy to pay only 300 baht for a letter of confirmation of income. When my visa expires next year I will come to see you. Thanks

The amount the consulate charged for its "services" I'm sure they could easily afford to open a larger office with toilets and air-con and still turn in a handsome profit.

The amount the consulate charged for its "services" I'm sure they could easily afford to open a larger office with toilets and air-con and still turn in a handsome profit.

I think they could have rented the whole Hilton hotel from the fees they charged.

Sorry i've just read the letter from Key Visa for renewing retirement visas. We need to bring our original passport and income letter to you and sign photocopies. Does this mean that we can then take the original documents back with us and you take the photo copies to Bangkok? I would be a little wary of handing over my passport to a third party.

I think they could have rented the whole Hilton hotel from the fees they charged.

Sorry i've just read the letter from Key Visa for renewing retirement visas. We need to bring our original passport and income letter to you and sign photocopies. Does this mean that we can then take the original documents back with us and you take the photo copies to Bangkok? I would be a little wary of handing over my passport to a third party.

Hi Chris we have to show the originals to the Embassy against the photodopies to show they are genuine and then the originals are given back to us, I have no problem if you not feel too comfortable and understand , we do not take your original passport just a copy but the income info we have to show them the originals, As I said before it can be done by the post or you can go in person, but you keep your original passport,

Cheers

Posted Image

Guys,

This is Mr Michael Hancock who is the head of the Consular section in BKK and his second in command Kaz, and of course the ugly one is me, just thought this might help to show that the service we are providing for the income letters is legitimate.

Cheers, Darren

IMG_0496.JPG

Posted Image

How does this show your service is legit? It just shows you went to an event where they were also guest and made one of the common photos.

How does this show your service is legit? It just shows you went to an event where they were also guest and made one of the common photos.

It doesn't Robert, but if you wish to check 02 3058333 is the number, The event I was at I am there weekly and been a sponsor for 8 years.

Posted Image

Hi,

Thanks for the information and offer of assistance in the future.

I always travel to Thailand with an annual Non Immigrant O Visa and because I only ever stay for a max of 2 months each time, I don't seem to run into problems.

When you talk about Pension letters and proof of income I assume that this requirement relates to people who have actually relocated/ retired to Thailand and such details are needed as part of the process. But......I thought that the Thai Goverment will accept copies of Bank Statements which show savings and regular income? Presumably, savings are more acceptable if in Thai Bank Account? Are you able to clarify this?

If I stay in Thailand for over 3 months at a time do I still need to do a Border trip or, nowadays, am I able to purchase another 3 month stay?

And lastly, I assume that after one year, at visa expiry, I still need to return to my home country to renew my Visa unless of course I apply in good time for a retirement (non working) Visa? The problem with the retirement Visa is that one needs permission to return home which seems to me to be a bit of a bind?

Clarification from you would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Oh one final point.

Does the change now mean that people need to travel to Bangkok for help? Maybe there is a helpline?

Colin

Oh one final point.

Does the change now mean that people need to travel to Bangkok for help? Maybe there is a helpline?

Colin

Indeed?

To the O/P this seems a useful and helpful thread - thank you!

I always used to keep the Jontien Consul phone number with my passport in case of emergencies,

Is there a similar help-line number for the Bangkok office and what hours do they answer?

To get my pension letter I used to hand in my company pension statement, I am traveling back to the uk less these days but can show my monthly income and savings on a statement from my internet banking, is that sufficient or do I have to get my brother to send me the original yearly pension statement from my company ?

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

To get my pension letter I used to hand in my company pension statement, I am traveling back to the uk less these days but can show my monthly income and savings on a statement from my internet banking, is that sufficient or do I have to get my brother to send me the original yearly pension statement from my company ?

HI WJ I confirmed this with Kaz who does the letters last Sunday you can show internet bank statements as long as it clearly shows your name on the statement and you supply 2 months statements showing the pension deposited, you also have to sign at the bottom of the statements, and a copy of your passport face page signed.

Hope this helps, Darren

Posted Image

Indeed?

To the O/P this seems a useful and helpful thread - thank you!

I always used to keep the Jontien Consul phone number with my passport in case of emergencies,

Is there a similar help-line number for the Bangkok office and what hours do they answer?

Vessey, the best number to call is 023058333 ext 2318 that is direct to the Consul Office and it works 24 hours per day as there is always an officer on call

Darren

Posted Image

Archived