IGNORED

LH golf clubs help please

bt1966

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and coming over to the LOS from 22nd January to 6 February

I hope to get some golf in during my stay and assumed I would have no trouble hiring a set of clubs on arrival. This seems to be a lot harder than I anticipated having e mailed Thaigerline as a large operator in the area as advised only to find that they only have 3 average set of clubs which all have regular shafts

I am now left with a conundrum

Fly my own out although I have already booked my flights with THAI airways on economy and seems the baggage costs will be excessive but have a request in to find out what they will charge me, unless anyone can help me on here

Hire some from somewhere else. Does anyone know of any decent LH clubs (I play off 16) that I could hire / borrow some and have some contact details so I can arrange this before flying

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am keen to sort this out so I can look forward to my stay

I always bring my clubs over and have flown Thai Air on quite a few occasions. My clubs, bag and travel bag weigh in at about 16kg. and have an allowance of 23kg. so I pack the travel bag with 7 kg. of stuff. I then have 7 kg. of carry on luggage. I find this more than enough for 2 weeks. I flew Malaysian Air in 2011 and they let you bring golf clubs for free although that may have changed by now.

I trust this will help you as there is nothing like using your own clubs.

Archived