IGNORED

Clean Guest House - Soi Lenkee - Review

up2u2

FYI

They have a FB page and I sent them a message to reserve a room last year but didn't think they had replied when actually they had. I just couldn't see it as they were not a 'friend' on FB. So they do reply you just need to look in your inbox but messages not from your contacts, if that makes any sense? Have a look and you should see what I am talking about. 

As I mentioned previously they're prices had gone up so I went to Soi BJ and found a similar very new GH with a massage place downstairs for 650 a night and 600 for a slightly smaller room. Excellent value as everything was brand new in December. I have the card as the name escapes me, i'll dig it out. 

• 5 months later...

Well does anyone have an up to date email for this place? I have emailed several times and got no reply, I have tried sending from 2 different accounts in case it is going to their junk mail, I have called them, and the reception girl does not understand me, and can not tell me the correct address, [email protected] is what I have been using.

I am staying at the china gardens which is full - I want to get a decent room close by in soi lengkee for a mate who is coming with me.

many thanks in advance.

Edited by Baldylocks

When I stayed there I made my booking via Agoda not sure if that will help  but just looked & a room is available

Well does anyone have an up to date email for this place? I have emailed several times and got no reply, I have tried sending from 2 different accounts in case it is going to their junk mail, I have called them, and the reception girl does not understand me, and can not tell me the correct address, [email protected] is what I have been using.

I am staying at the china gardens which is full - I want to get a decent room close by in soi lengkee for a mate who is coming with me.

many thanks in advance.

Why dont you try La cerise, its next to Clean gh, really nice place altough a bit more exspensive Edited by buck011

• 3 weeks later...

This trip report had me convinced. I just booked 15 nights in February. 

About the confusion about the prices. They got high season rates until March 1st which is 890 for superior and for 790 standard. After March 1st it drops to 750/690. However if you book a longer stay like I did you'll get a discount. I got 15% off.

Their facebook page does not seem to work. I emailed them at [email protected] A girl with perfect English responded in a very polite and professional way.

I'll get back to you guys with a review.

I have stayed there a couple of times and the reviews are accurate.

My only gripe is the bigass tag attached to the room key. Very uncomfortable in the pocket and cant be detached because the ring is soldered. :Hair_Out1:

• 1 month later...

This trip report had me convinced. I just booked 15 nights in February. 

About the confusion about the prices. They got high season rates until March 1st which is 890 for superior and for 790 standard. After March 1st it drops to 750/690. However if you book a longer stay like I did you'll get a discount. I got 15% off.

Their facebook page does not seem to work. I emailed them at [email protected] A girl with perfect English responded in a very polite and professional way.

I'll get back to you guys with a review.

how long the stay it has to be before you get a discount?  Did you book thru agoda or walk in?  Thanks.

I got a discount for paying weekly...  walked in, no booking.

Edited by samaus

how long the stay it has to be before you get a discount?  Did you book thru agoda or walk in?  Thanks.

I just emailed them. I think the discount starts after one week.

A short review. I stayed there for 16 nights recently. Just like the name suggests the guest house is really clean. First I got placed in a room facing a back alley, and I can say that room was not worth 750 baht, not even 600. The room was a bit worn down, and since the window faced another hotel just a few meters away I obviously had the window drapes closed which really got a depressing prison cell feel to it. But after 2 nights a balcony room got available - and wow, what a difference. That room was in way better shape. That was definitely worth the money. So, make sure to get a balcony room! Oddly enough they are the same price.  

The staff there is great. There are 3 receptionists and 1 cleaning lady working there, all are friendly. I left valuables and spare cash in the room all the time, everything was always there when I got back. All and all, I was very happy with my stay there.

I am coming back to Pattaya for 24 nights next month and I booked all those nights at Clean house as well. However, here comes the reason I will CANCEL that booking and never return. A few days before I was about to check out I realized my flight from Bangkok was at 01.00, the next day. So I asked for late check out which was arranged. The receptionist talked to the owner lady, and I was told I had to pay for a full day. Hmm, I thought that was a bit weird, but no biggie. It was late check out by 8 hours after all. We agreed that I would pay for that extra day upon checkout. At check out, the owner had prepared the bill which she had given the receptionist. Like I said before I got a discounted stay which averaged a bit more than 600 baht/night. Now here is the funny thing: The bill for those extra 8 hours was 750 (?!). Now, I don't care about 150 baht, but I immediately pointed out that that is not right because it's more than I have paid the previous 16 nights. The receptionist explained I was no longer considered a long stay guest (because of the ADDITIONAL night - lol) and she had orders from the owner lady to charge me this much - nothing she could do. 

Considered I had 24 nights booked there in April this year that has to be the most stingy and stupid behavior I have ever experienced by a thai business owner. 

Edited by Bababoboman

The bill for those extra 8 hours was 750 (?!). Now, I don't care about 150 baht, but I immediately pointed out that that is not right because it's more than I have paid the previous 16 nights. The receptionist explained I was no longer considered a long stay guest (because of the ADDITIONAL night - lol) and she had orders from the owner lady to charge me this much - nothing she could do. 

Considered I had 24 nights booked there in April this year that has to be the most stingy and stupid behavior I have ever experienced by a thai business owner. 

And that sums up Thai business practices in a nutshell. Make 150 baht whilst losing thousands.  :Banghead2:

same thing happend to me, did stay 7 days and got 10% discount, i wanted to stay 8 days longer and i did not get the 10% discount at the last day because.... 8 days was not one week, one week = 7 days

Thai logic

And that sums up Thai business practices in a nutshell. Make 150 baht whilst losing thousands.  :Banghead2:

I realise that there are principles involved here, but WHY cut your nose off to spite your face??? By your own admission you had a great room for only 600 bht & you throw it away for another 24 day stay over a paltry 150bht! The mind boggles!

Because there are 10 other generic guesthouses within 100 meters of this one. It's hardly a sellers market.  

...  so if you decide to stay 2 or 3 days extra should you also get that at the weekly rate?

...  so if you decide to stay 2 or 3 days extra should you also get that at the weekly rate?

If you have a weekly rate then sure, why not? It's all about keeping your rooms filled. You are not making any money if they are empty. 

If you have a weekly rate then sure, why not? It's all about keeping your rooms filled. You are not making any money if they are empty. 

Not sure I understand you.

The weekly rate is for full weeks(7 days)

Any days after that are charged at daily rate.

I guess if you stay 24 days then you would pay full price for the last 3 days.

Maybe you can understand this. Clean guesthouse isn't a government department or an ASEAN member state. It isn't a PLC nor are any of the rates written in stone but open to negotiation with the management/owner just like all the other small businesses and guest houses in Thailand. This isn't an ISO 9000 report nor is it a tax statement but it is a way of ensuring repeat custom which surely every business needs particularly with the current political issues. It's also common sense. The bottom line is the poster will now be spending his 12,000+ baht elsewhere because he doesn't believe his custom was valued.    

Checked out the place and I liked it but didn't stay due to the same crazy pricing issues.

Nothing inaccurate about anything I've seen reported here.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Maybe you can understand this. Clean guesthouse isn't a government department or an ASEAN member state. It isn't a PLC nor are any of the rates written in stone but open to negotiation with the management/owner just like all the other small businesses and guest houses in Thailand. This isn't an ISO 9000 report nor is it a tax statement but it is a way of ensuring repeat custom which surely every business needs particularly with the current political issues. It's also common sense. The bottom line is the poster will now be spending his 12,000+ baht elsewhere because he doesn't believe his custom was valued.    

Well... What this guy said :D

And just to clear things out about about the rates; Different discount rates starts after a certain amount of days. If you were to stay 9 days all those days would be discounted, not just 7.

Edited by Bababoboman

Well... What this guy said :D

And just to clear things out about about the rates; Different discount rates starts after a certain amounts of days. If you were to stay 9 days all those days would be discounted, not just 7.

Maybe a touch strong but you get my general point. It's nice to be nice :)

Maybe a touch strong but you get my general point. It's nice to be nice :)

Sure is. Could not have written that better myself mate.

• 2 weeks later...

There are plenty of cheap accommodation deals in soi Lengkee :Think1:

Time to move to another place next time.

i did book 8 days

Then they asked me to pay at a moment my head was not ready for it, they (and i) made a mistake and i did pay 9 days

After i paid i found out i go back and just because the written line 'No refund' at the bill they will not correct the mistake.

I dont need a refund, i want a correct bill