IMG_5810.jpg

Soi Lenkee

IMG_5811.jpg

IMG_5811_1.jpg

IMG_5811_2.jpg

Large Room

Cost: 750 Baht per day

Total: 2250 baht (3 Nights)

(Late check out 100 baht per hour if available)

(Comparison price with Agoda was 850 baht per day)

(Small? Room: 650 baht per night)

Check In: Tuesday 30th October 2012

Check Out: Friday 02 November 2012

Total Stay: 3 Nights

Booking: Walk in booking (1000 baht deposit), no website

Room: 302 (2.5 Flights of stairs room faces Soi Lenkee)

Features:

Free WiFi (fast & reliable), Flat Screen TV, Room Safe (small), Girl Friendly no BG ID check, two bottles of water daily, BIG fridge, Aircon (good power), private entrance ‘tap’ and enter security, large rooms at front have balconies, Hair Shampoo / Conditioner and soap, shower pressure and temp control great, Pizza room service, laundy not far towards Soi Buakao,

No lift, Standard Room so no extras like jug, microwave or toaster, tea / coffee, no DVD player, No wall / ceiling fan, Door security just standard door key lock, ALL power goes off to room on leaving (including fridge),

Details:

A relatively new building with professional staff, the check in area is a little weird because where you check in is a little shop selling bikinis and stuff. There is a little Coffee / Tea set up but you cannot take it to your room. I booked a large balcony room but to be honest I didn’t see any big difference between the large rooms compared to the small rooms but I wanted to check out the noise level of Soi Lenkee, pleased to report it was no problem at all. Fresh white decore but no paintings a very minimalist modern feel. Air conditioner excellent, Wi-Fi (FREE, excellent speed, reliable), Flat Screen TV (cable channels Fox News, BBC News, Aust TV, Sport, Aljazeera etc), BIG!! Fridge, Ensuite bathroom, little French coffee shop a few doors down, 24hr Family Mart next door, Lenkee Laundry towards Soi Buakhao, Short walk to LK Metro, Soi Diana Beer Bars.

Had a little hassle finding the safe as it is tucked down the bottom of the wardrobe and you have to kneel on the floor to open and close it and also working out the safe code reset and had to wait 20 minutes to reset code but worked it out eventually, the door look worried me a little just your normal key door lock with press button to lock door on leaving, it does have a ‘tap’ and open setup to the accommodation entrance though.

I like to charge my batteries for camera, video etc but ALL power goes off in room including fridge a power board is handy to move power to your desk? and Notebook no big prob.

No Hot water to basin so filled up the tidy bin with warm water and filled basin to shave. I am a resourceful old bugger.

The best thing about Clean Guest House was spending 3 nights with the beautiful Cream from The Buffalo Bar just around the corner on 3rd Road.

IMG_6015.jpg

http://www.pattaya-a...ak-yant-tattoo/

Wrap Up:

Great little modern Guest House, excellent location on Soi Lenkee, you rarely come in contact with staff as you have the private entrance, a real trouble free stay. Would definitely stay here again as I particularly liked that you didn’t have to interact with any Thai staff when coming and going. Nice and quiet I liked it.

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5889 - Copy.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5900.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

IMG_5913.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5917.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

Great detailed review up2u2. The budget conscience BM would love this place...

Cheers...

Thanks for the time and effort of the review.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Looks like a nice place in a good location. The maid service must be special with a name like that.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

great review and thank you i will be staying around that area next May for 6 weeks and looking for something similar

Anyone concerned about the power going off in the room while out including the fridge just simply leave the card in the reader and just take the keys to the door and the 'tap' disc to open the entrance door.

Thanks for the review - one question, motor scotter parking. Is there any secure parking provided for motor scooter parking?

Thanks for the review - one question, motor scotter parking. Is there any secure parking provided for motor scooter parking?

Thanks good question Jarrod.

I am going to add that to my 'review list'

I couldn't see any secure parking unless there is a rear entrance.

Hmmm there is a scooter hire place across the road.

Jarod I might forward and email to Clean and see how they respond. I'll get back to you and let you know how I go.

Anyone who has an item on a review they would like to know I would appreciate you telling me so I can add this info to future reviews.

Thank you!, it was very informative, love the pics, you did a great job, looks good and affordable.

I also like what you said "I particularly liked that you didn’t have to interact with any Thai staff when coming and going. Nice and quiet " Perfect!!!. Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

Clean Guest House

Large Room

Cost: 750 Baht per day

Total: 2250 baht (3 Nights)

(Late check out 100 baht per hour if available)

(Comparison price with Agoda was 850 baht per day)

(Small? Room: 650 baht per night)

Great review and photos. The place should hire you as a publicist. Can you estimate in sq meters the size of the room you stayed in? Thanks.

No publicist here I just do it for info for BM'ers.

If I know an owner / manager or I suspect they know me I will not do a review.

Pointless if they are just bunging it on.

SFM I would only be guessing but definitely on the cosy side,

Equal to a small hotel room, Say 15sqrs

Good review, for what you get that's an awesome price...thxs for sharing.

Not sure the quoted prices are that accurate. They were asking over 800 baht for a small room in late November. 

The quoted prices are 100% TOTALLY accurate that is precisely what I paid on a 'walk in' price at the time on those dates. For the same room Agoda had it priced at 850.

Next door in Le Cerise were asking around 1100 baht for the same room same building.

The quoted prices are 100% TOTALLY accurate that is precisely what I paid on a 'walk in' price at the time on those dates. For the same room Agoda had it priced at 850.

Next door in Le Cerise were asking around 1100 baht for the same room same building.

And now it's July 2013 and when I inquired the price was different from the one you quoted some 3 weeks after you had stayed. I am updating your info so the readers have a more accurate guide. I also 'walked in'.

Sorry angst I thought you were indicating I got my prices wrong.

I did a check on Agoda

Aug 2013 890 baht

Dec 2013 1190 baht !!!!!!

Also did a check on La Cerise next door on a Balcony room. Basically same building same room,

Oct 2013 $1299 baht !!!!!!

Nov 2013 1399 baht !!!!!!!!

Sorry all WAY!!!! overpriced when you can walk across the road bigger room including breakfast at The Devonshire Guest House & Restaurant or maybe leg it around to The Canterbury Tales in Soi Chaiyapoon lol

Maybe Clean Guest House good for very low season only

I stayed there recently making a booking via Agoda, the pictures & description are spot on a very convenient location for LK Metro.

Don't think I will use this place a second time the rooms did feel a bit small & already starting to show signs of use, sure I can find something better for the money in the same area.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the review.  Looking up a few guest houses to use for a few weeks in August. Can't wait!