IGNORED

Second car

key visa thailand

Hi Guys

My missus has just passed her test and I want to but her a second hand car, can you advise a good place to go or are any of the members selling a car?

Shes a good driver " well thats what she says" I only let her drive alone as my finger nails have now gove :GoldenSmile1:

Can privately e-mail me [email protected] if you wish

Thanks guys

Posted Image

Maybe an idea to look at a new car as second hand cars are way to expensive in Thailand .

First car for a Thai , the government gives them a massive discount of about 75k Baht also .

Maybe a better idea buy myself a new car and give her my old one, hmmm :Think1: on the other hand I might wake up with something missing

Posted Image

I have a friend selling a 5-year old Vios in basically perfect shape as he's going to buy a bigger car. I was going to buy it, but I'm having second thoughts--might just keep my current car. Let me know if that's the kind of car you're looking for.

I have seeing a lot of big posters by the side of the road recently advertising Honda City 100,000 deposit and 0% for 84 months then if you take into account the government scheme where they give you back the tax up to 100,000 on a new car it could actually work out cheaper.

Sorry a bit vague on all the details but I'm sure if you google it you will fiind out or just go to a Honda dealer and ask.

I just shot you an email. so let me know My wife and I and her brother have a small shop that sells and rents cars as well as rent motobikes.

As per the above go for a new small car and get the 100,000 baht tax back deal the government is offering until the end of the year. Biggest problem with second hand cars here is that you have no idea of the condition of the car unless you strip the engine down as a lot of Thais simply don't maintain their car properly so the chances of getting a lemon are pretty high. And with absolutely no consumer protection here you will be stuck with the lemon.

For 500,000 to 600,000 baht you can pick her up a nice little new car (City, Focus, Mirage, Swift, etc...) and then get the 100,000 back of the government, only down side is that you HAVE to keep the car for a minimum of 4 or 5 years otherwise the government will ask for its money back.

If you do go for a second hand car then find yourself a good and trustworthy mechanic to give it the twice over checking as much as possible before you buy. If you can get the car up to Bangkok there is a company (Test Car) the specializes in checking cars out and giving you a report on what is wrong with the car before you buy it which will give you a reasonable idea of what you are getting yourself into.

@ Bionome, is it Tom Auto @ I was there and bought a pick up.

Good service and nice people.

Just across Floating Market

I have a Proton Savvy manual gears for sale, low milage, 4 years old. Only 175.000 Bath, but not available now, because i use it. You can get it in January or so.

if you are interested mail me at [email protected]

Hi Guys

My missus has just passed her test and I want to but her a second hand car, can you advise a good place to go or are any of the members selling a car?

Shes a good driver " well thats what she says" I only let her drive alone as my finger nails have now gove :GoldenSmile1:

Can privately e-mail me [email protected] if you wish

Thanks guys

Ajax e-mail me a photo will you sounds goog [email protected] I am not a tight bastard but she has just passed her test, I have a not expensive but a big car and I do not trust her to drive it, so like us all when we passed our test start cheap and build up as your driving gets better.

Thanks guys as always

Posted Image

So she says she is a good driver.

I hate to be an a-hole but I have driven cars/bikes in about 60 countries world wide.

While there may be countries with worse drivers than Thailand I have not been to them

yet. In western countries driving starts at 16 or earlier. Make sure you get her a car that

is safe (airbags), easy to drive (automatic. small size) and you are fully insured.

I do not know if they have them in Thailand but a skid control course would be very useful.

No ice and snow there obviously but lots of water and puddles. Thais seem to drive the same

in all weather conditions and have a special problem going down hill around corners

in wet conditions. Don't get me wrong plenty of bad drivers here in Canada. Especially after

the first snowfall.