IGNORED

New Pattaya Community website www.myteeruk.com

PattayaPpe

Hi All,

It has been a long few months trying to get this website up and running and was definitely much more work that expected. In saying that we are 99% complete and are ready to let everyone know about us..

The premise of our website is a Tripadvisor like site for Bars where PA members and other visitors can review their favorite bars. Although this has been done or attempted to be done before, it has always been difficult to manage and update the enormous list of bars in Pattaya. Our site is a little different because it allows users to

§ Create New Bars

§ Edit Existing Bars

§ Upload Your own photos

§ Flag bars as closed, Innaccurate etc

§ Leave Reviews

This means that collaboratively the PA members as a community, can keep a complete and up to date list of bars that can be reviewed/referred to at any time. Many people have tried to create sites to contribute to the community but have failed so I am asking for everyone's help to make this the most complete website we can all use.

On my last trip I personally traversed everywhere from Beach Rd to Soi Bukhao, Soi 1 to Walking Street and everything in between and we currently have over 600 bars and massage parlors online. I may have missed a few, and a few new ones may have opened since my last visit in October however I think its mostly up to date. Unfortunately I am lacking alot of contact details, addresses and bar descriptions which I hope users can help out with.

The website is www.myteeruk.com and id love everyone to take a look. We are happy to add/edit/change any functionality you wish to have on the site all you have to do is ask below. Suggestions are also welcome for any part of the site. There are several more changes to be made and more functionality added in the next few weeks however its currently in usable state.

We will be implementing a feature in the next week where if a bar owner is interested in taking ownership of his bar on the site we will give them sole access to make changes and they will be able to offer deals/discounts which will go out to the community.

Finally you may notice we have a girls section, which come early 2013, should be kicking off with a few hundred girls on the site to spice things up.

Id love to hear your comments!

Hi All,

It has been a long few months trying to get this website up and running and was definitely much more work that expected. In saying that we are 99% complete and are ready to let everyone know about us..

The premise of our website is a Tripadvisor like site for Bars where PA members and other visitors can review their favorite bars. Although this has been done or attempted to be done before, it has always been difficult to manage and update the enormous list of bars in Pattaya. Our site is a little different because it allows users to

§ Create New Bars

§ Edit Existing Bars

§ Upload Your own photos

§ Flag bars as closed, Innaccurate etc

§ Leave Reviews

This means that collaboratively the PA members as a community, can keep a complete and up to date list of bars that can be reviewed/referred to at any time. Many people have tried to create sites to contribute to the community but have failed so I am asking for everyone's help to make this the most complete website we can all use.

On my last trip I personally traversed everywhere from Beach Rd to Soi Bukhao, Soi 1 to Walking street and everything in between and we currently have over 600 bars and massage parlors online. I may have missed a few, and a few new ones may have opened since my last visit in October however I think its mostly up to date. Unfortunately I am lacking alot of contact details, addresses and bar descriptions which I hope users can help out with.

The website is www.myteeruk.com and id love everyone to take a look. We are happy to add/edit/change any functionality you wish to have on the site all you have to do is ask below. Suggestions are also welcome for any part of the site. There are several more changes to be made and more functionality added in the next few weeks however its currently in usable state.

We will be implementing a feature in the next week where if a bar owner is interested in taking ownership of his bar on the site we will give them sole access to make changes and they will be able to offer deals/discounts which will go out to the community.

Finally you may notice we have a girls section, which come early 2013, should be kicking off with a few hundred girls on the site to spice things up.

Id love to hear your comments!

Thanks! Must have been grueling taking stock of 600 bars and massages. Labor of Love, methinks!

Suggestions:

Add some mapping. Google Maps and Pattaya Photo Guide to each entry.

Put a target="_blank" on all the external links. PITA to be jumped off site every time we want to look at a bar's website.

Get rid of all that inline CSS. You will regret it down the road.

Just curious... Why didn't you whip this up in a stock CMS: Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal? Virtually all the functionality (not the great content, however), is right there off the shelf (member management, **** ratings, review mechanism, backups, user driven photo galleries, mapping, etc...)

Looking forward to more user contributions and the upcoming Girls section. Need a research assistant?

Had a quick look and I think you did great job ! However keeping this information up to date will even be a greater job.

I think it's worth to try to update and complete as much as possible. Also other areas could be included, i.e bars on Naklua Road and Soi 18 (off Naklua Road) etc.

Nice concept and congrats on following through on your idea.

Few things I would change

-- The design looks a little amateurish, which might put people off from thinking it's a good or up-to-date resource.

-- Teeruk should really be Teerak, but yes I know I'm being picky. The name doesn't really go with the site concept IMO either. Sounds more like a dating website, and the logo adds to that feel

-- Every single footer link on this page http://www.myteeruk.com/EditProfile is the same

Question: How would you protect against people spamming the site? It would be very easy for anyone to get themselves on the top bars list.

Suggestions:

Add some mapping. Google Maps and Pattaya Photo Guide to each entry.

I'm seeing that already. Top left of every bar page...

hi,

good job, i dont want to put a dampner on it but shouldnt the site be called .......teerak ? i have never ever in 12 years come across anyone who said " teeruk " german maybe ?

anyway good luck with it :Clap9:

Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. This really is a labour of love. The idea was spawned over 6 months ago and unfortunately will require many more trips to pattaya in the future :Finger5: .. The original idea was the girls but realised that couldnt be done without the bars, so here we are. That is why the site name and logo is seemingly for a dating style website.

Once I started to google around and see so many failed bar sites we thought why cant we all contribute to keep it updated. There so many true pattaya addicts just like myself we deserve a decent website where we can see a bar reviewed and rated just like tripadvisor. In return we are going to try our very best to get every single BG on our site so when we arent in Pattaya, we can still check out the lovely ladies.

As for the website the design yes we arent 100% happy however this is a self made minimal outlay website and we are learning as we go so once we have added / fixed / changed functionality we will be working on a new design (Most probably a white simplified look).

All advice given will be taken and changes made as soon as possible so as much feedback as possible would be appreciated.

In the meantime id love to see people start using the site and putting up reviews and add their own photos ( It took me 6 hours a day for 7 days to take 3000 photos with a galaxy note and lady boys trying to molest me every step of the way!!)

EDIT: Maybe a more appropriate website name could be suggested too!!

Many thanks for your enormous efforts!

The website looks fantastic and I am sure it will be very useful for both newbies and addicted mongers.

I had difficulties creating an account, however I will try again in the next few days.

Pattaya Trip No.19 - Commences 22nd December 2013.....................Pattaya Trip No.20 - Commences 27th March 2014

I wonder why this was put in the business section. The site was created for all pattaya like minded people and unfortunately being taken out of barstool banter maybe people wont find out about this utility now.

Our site is a little different because it allows users to ...

§ Edit Existing Bars

(but then...)

We will be implementing a feature in the next week where if a bar owner is interested in taking ownership of his bar on the site we will give them sole access to make changes

Contradiction?

In a way sure the site is geared towards everyone being able to edit the site but if the bar owner comes along he should be entitled to write his own description. Users will still be able to write reviews and upload photos

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Suggest you put your URL in your signature for the back links

Retired

Suggest you put your URL in your signature for the back links

Think Bryan has rel="nofollow" for all links in posts. Pretty typical for forums to avoid becoming link farms.

None of the filters or sorts or search or the next button work on the bar page, and I wouldn't scroll 63 pages of bars (which I can't since I can't get past the first page)

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

I wonder why this was put in the business section. The site was created for all pattaya like minded people and unfortunately being taken out of barstool banter maybe people wont find out about this utility now.

Will try to explain a couple of things, although it wasn't me who moved it.

1. The site appears to be a commercial entity. Whilst we are happy for "business owners" to promote we are not vehicle to simply be piggy backed. We are generous with the free promo we allow such as starting threads, using signatures etc (unlike many other forums) but that generosity can only stretch so far when the site is "commercial".

2. Here are some pretty basic figures.

members online every day - 4000 approx

Guests online every day - 5000 approx.

However.....

Members online per month - 40,000 approx (i.e. a lot of repeat visitors)

Guests online 150,000 approx

Guests are therefore the main "value" to advertisers and also to yourself. You can "show" to the same 40,000 members every month or you can show to 40,000 members AND 150,000 NEW people every month.

As the Business Forum is in the PUBLIC area, both members AND Guests can read it. You therefore have a far greater audience in this area :) This is why we ask business owners to promote here as they actually do better here not worse.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Guests are therefore the main "value" to advertisers and also to yourself. You can "show" to the same 40,000 members every month or you can show to 40,000 members AND 150,000 NEW people every month.

As the Business Forum is in the PUBLIC area, both members AND Guests can read it. You therefore have a far greater audience in this area :) This is why we ask business owners to promote here as they actually do better here not worse.

Further down the road, might there be a conflict with the "No Bar Girl Chat" rule which applies here?

I guess not, if he only uses this thread to link from?

From PA's PoV I'd be concerned that it might divert traffic away and not bring any in?

None of the filters or sorts or search or the next button work on the bar page, and I wouldn't scroll 63 pages of bars (which I can't since I can't get past the first page)

Im not sure why that happened? what browser are you using.

Will try to explain a couple of things, although it wasn't me who moved it.

1. The site appears to be a commercial entity. Whilst we are happy for "business owners" to promote we are not vehicle to simply be piggy backed. We are generous with the free promo we allow such as starting threads, using signatures etc (unlike many other forums) but that generosity can only stretch so far when the site is "commercial".

2. Here are some pretty basic figures.

members online every day - 4000 approx

Guests online every day - 5000 approx.

However.....

Members online per month - 40,000 approx (i.e. a lot of repeat visitors)

Guests online 150,000 approx

I appreciate the reply and understand the answer. Any help is appreciated and that we are grateful. We have also linked this site as specified in rules on our search page :)

cannot find teeruk.com on google chrome. still not sure about your choice of name , like a few others, but as they say up to you ;-)

The website is www.myteeruk.com and not teeruk.com

The issues with firefox are now fixed sorry!!

Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. This really is a labour of love. The idea was spawned over 6 months ago and unfortunately will require many more trips to pattaya in the future :Finger5: .. The original idea was the girls but realised that couldnt be done without the bars, so here we are. That is why the site name and logo is seemingly for a dating style website.

Once I started to google around and see so many failed bar sites we thought why cant we all contribute to keep it updated. There so many true pattaya addicts just like myself we deserve a decent website where we can see a bar reviewed and rated just like tripadvisor. In return we are going to try our very best to get every single BG on our site so when we arent in Pattaya, we can still check out the lovely ladies.

As for the website the design yes we arent 100% happy however this is a self made minimal outlay website and we are learning as we go so once we have added / fixed / changed functionality we will be working on a new design (Most probably a white simplified look).

All advice given will be taken and changes made as soon as possible so as much feedback as possible would be appreciated.

In the meantime id love to see people start using the site and putting up reviews and add their own photos ( It took me 6 hours a day for 7 days to take 3000 photos with a galaxy note and lady boys trying to molest me every step of the way!!)

EDIT: Maybe a more appropriate website name could be suggested too!!

:hello09:something simple like 'Pattaya Bar Review" perhaps......But great effort thou

I was trying to find something out of the box like Agoda or expedia so I wanted to stay away from the run of the mill names. Also depending on popularity we will be expanding to Bangkok and Phuket.

We have some exciting plans for the website and the next 2 changes will be

* Deals - Bar owners will be able to submit deals for customers to reach out to more people ( if any bar owners are reading this, please contact us and we can give you some great exposure to help us and your bar grow.

* Owner Section - owners can claim their bar and lock it so only they can edit details. Users will still be able to review the bar.

We are slowly growing and have around 30 users now so the more people who join we will be able to keep all of Pattaya up to date. In February we will be in Pattaya for some weeks and will be signing up girls to the site.

Finally if any bar owners are around we would like to hold a free event with pig on the spit and a bar tab for members to promote our website for mid feb so if you could accommodate us please let me know!

Archived