IGNORED

British Consulate stampede

key visa thailand

Morning guys

Just a quickie as we know the British Consulte in Jomtien is closing after Thursday next week, we was there this morning with 2 clients 40 minutes before they opened and there was 25 people waiting which grew to 40, we left about 9.15 and they were still coming it was terrible and hot and i have never seen as many walking sticks :GoldenSmile1: .

This is people is panic mode because they do not want to go Bnagkok for there letters for there retirement visas which is understandable.

If you are planning the same thing then get there early but go on the Thursday not Wednesday,

Regards

Darren

Posted Image

Does the closure of the consulate in Pattaya mean that it will be more difficult/expensive to get a retirement visa or married visa through your company? Mine is not due to be renewed until February next year so no panic for me.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Udontony, dont know what you mean more expensive, its more about the inconvenience of having to get an income letter from the British Embassy Bangkok after the end of this month, Our fees wont increase as we have 2 drivers in Bangkok daily anyway so its a small detour for us.

It still amazes me why close the most profitable consulate and leave the others open " maybe we should read between the lines"

No better not we don't want to open a can or worms.

Darren

Posted Image

As you said Darren, inconvenience is caused and that usually means more expense, glad to hear that it won`t be a problem for you. I also can`t think why they closed the consulate when it is so well used unless it is all part of a plan to make Pattaya just a family resort in the future.

Sit down and work out the chain of events since his lordship left the Consulate in Jomtien 2-3 years ago, changes in staff, people just disappearing, people leaving,

Hmmm maybe its not financial or making Pattaya a family destination, maybe it is deeper internally.

We all have our own feelings on the move.

Barry Kenyon did a good job without an office and I remember at the time telling him it was not needed too much red tape!!!!

Posted Image

Perhaps someone like Victoria Inn OR Sportsman on Soi 11 can exploit this and do BANGKOK runs for the consulate.

I think they could easily do 1-2 trips a week going on those numbers.

It is a good idea and we are going to do for our clients, as we are in Bangkok everyday anyway, and if you need to tag along we are happy to take people to the Embassy if we are going, give us a call

Just got to make sure the documents are right before going.

Posted Image

It is a good idea and we are going to do for our clients, as we are in Bangkok everyday anyway, and if you need to tag along we are happy to take people to the Embassy if we are going, give us a call

Just got to make sure the documents are right before going.

When my marriage visa expires next year and I need a letter confirming my income is it possible you can do this without me going to Bangkok. If so can you tell me what me how much you would charge.Thanks

Hi Alan

Give time for the dust to settle first and I shall be making a post about this shortly, just in the throws of talking with the big boys

Regards''

Darren

Posted Image

1 full day + 264 baht round trip Bus ticket to BKK + BKK Transport costs to get to the Embassy and back to the bus to Pattaya seems straight forward enough to me.

Its not difficult to work out correct, you have forgot the cost of the letter or affirmation etc, maybe some people don't wish to go on a hot stinky bus,travel in confort with a guide who the Embassy consular staff know and transport for free not 264 baht

When we do this we will be taking people with my driver who is going to Bangkok anyway so we do not need to charge, I know this is Thailand but service comes before cost this is why survival after 13 years is not so dificult.

Posted Image

Hi Alan

Give time for the dust to settle first and I shall be making a post about this shortly, just in the throws of talking with the big boys

Regards''

Darren

Thanks Darren I will look out for it

working on it now just to iron out the edges.

Posted Image

working on it now just to iron out the edges.

Hi Darren,

I like what I see so far, this is a big big opportunity to make a good name in the Visa business as there are so many bad reports about (IMO some/most are justified).

Get it right and I am sure you will win some valuable press and custom.

JDM

:Clap1:

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Thank you, I have been in Pattaya 13 years but never really posted on forums, but I have realised that for every one person thats hates visa companies and had a bead experience there are three who are happy for free info and a bit of friendly guidence.

As I said to the Mod's and this forum when i started i did not come on for business if someone wants help then ok, but giving daily knowledge on what is going on in Soi 5 and at the Embassies i think is valuable and should be shared.

I have been the visa advisor for 8 years at the Pattaya expats club and enjoy giving advice were I can and anyone that does not want it does not have to respond but I am enjoying this forum now very much and shall do my best.

Posted Image

Thank you, I have been in Pattaya 13 years but never really posted on forums, but I have realised that for every one person thats hates visa companies and had a bead experience there are three who are happy for free info and a bit of friendly guidence.

As I said to the Mod's and this forum when i started i did not come on for business if someone wants help then ok, but giving daily knowledge on what is going on in Soi 5 and at the Embassies i think is valuable and should be shared.

I have been the visa advisor for 8 years at the Pattaya expats club and enjoy giving advice were I can and anyone that does not want it does not have to respond but I am enjoying this forum now very much and shall do my best.

We have been dealing with you for the last approx eight years both for visas for my wife to get to UK and now for me to stay here and I can guarantee that you have saved us a lot of money in that time. We could eventually have done things ourselves but never had the time available to do it and your advice has been greatfully received. This forum has many threads where you can get very useful advice and I am sure this will be one of them. I know of several people that think the same as we do after dealings with you, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers guys, I may have some great news shortly, I am currently dealing with the powers that be, and just awaiting a green light and then I can give info.

Kind regards

Darren

Posted Image