IGNORED

Tropicana Hotel review

hagler

Ok before I say anything I dont own the joint, dont know and aint shagging any of the owners or their relatives, friends or pets. This is just ones mans view of a recent stay at a hotel ( NOT a bar with some rooms above it, a real honest hotel) in Pattaya.

I stayed at this place for 2 nights last week and was very impressed. I didnt know a lot about the joint before I booked it ( through www.agoda.com ) but some friends I know were staying there and we were catching up for a couple of days so it was convient for me to book in. I paid 1600 baht a night through the site and that was for a double superior room. I asked for and got a non-smoking room on the second floor because I dont like the noise you get around the pool but next time I will get a room downstairs next to the pool. Having said that I would still most definately stay here if I could only get a room upstairs.

As I said earlier I booked a double room which entitled me to 2 buffet breakfasts in the morning and no problems at all taking the LBFM along for a bite to eat using one of the passes. I DID NOT get charged any joiners fee and it was never even brought up. The hotel will require your BF to lodge her ID and will confirm with you that it is ok for her to go before handing it back to her. The price for a double room is the same as a single so just book a double and you are set.

PA250004.JPG

Pool was nice, spacious and clean. Had an outdoor bar nearby where you could get drinks or the waiters would come to you. Pool had sunlight all day and had plenty of loungers and umbrellers.

PA250020.JPG

Entrance lobby is impressive, spotlessly clean and reception area is very efficient, very friendly and knowlegable. There is a safety deposit box area behind reception which is secure and well organised. No safe in the room I stayed in.

PA250001.JPG

PA250003.JPG

Room was very spacious, very well maintained and clean, bed was BIG, comfortable and well positioned. Room had airconditioning, TV , Bar fridge with 2 complimentary bottles of water each day. Absolutely no complaints about anything in the room. The balcony off the room was large and had a table and 2 chairs and a great view over the swimming pool. Great spot to kick back and relax with a quiet ale for an hour or so.

PA250002.JPG

Bathroom was good and had been recently renovated and was in tip top order. Very well sized and the LBFM's liked it very mutt. I slipped the maid 100 baht in the first 10 minutes of moving in and she was on the ball in no time supplying me with the 4 towels per day needed for all those showers when entertaining guests as one does in LOS.

PA250027.JPG

PA250021.JPG

The hotel lobby area had plenty of different areas to sit around in and relax if you wanted to and there is a dedicated large room area with internet terminals and newpapers and magazines, all of which are complimentary. I am pretty sure there is Wi-fi throughout the resort too but just send them an email to check if you want to be 100% sure.

Be warned that the standard rooms are ok but nowhere as good as the superior or the suites and are in another older wing of the hotel at the back. Pay the extra 200 or 300 baht a night and get a superior or a suite, which by the way are bloody HUGE. I had a look late one drunken night as the other guys had booked standard rooms and when they saw them instantly upgraded to suites each. They are HUGE and have balcomies the size of tennis courts. Too much room for me but some will luv em and why not at the price they charge which is ridiculously cheap for what you get.

PA250022.JPG

The hotel is very well situated between Soi 6 and 7 and is very close to the beach. It is walking distance to Big C and other attractions. Great convient, handy location. Baht buses by the millions at either end of the resort grounds which are very very large and guarded.

So thats it. I would highly recommend this place as a joint to stay. However be aware....

The Tropicana doesnt really feel like a mongers hotel. It has some families and farang honeymoon couples and "normal" holiday makers and if you are at all self-conscious about being seen with your root de juer then this is probably not the place for you. Me, I am pretty low key and dont like having the BG's around me in the daytime anyway ( I pay em to leave not to come home with me) and I dont give a stuff what other people think. Having said that you will not encounter any problems whatsoever from the staff or management about your nefarious habits and in fact they will treat your companions with the utmost repect and courtesy. They were a few guys hanging around with their tilacs by the pool and in the resort grounds and they werent getting any unusual treatment from the staff and only the odd look from some of the other "normal" guests. I can highly recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay but as they say "one mans meat is another mans poison" so make your own judgement on whether it is for you or not.

You know it makes sense...

Good report and it looks pretty good might have to check it out sometime, thanks for taking the time to post.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I stayed there in September 2005. The first time that I came to Pattaya. I made a request for a hotel through an agency and they said that this was one that was available. I had to pay in advance. I am not sure whether you can book direct.

I still think it is a little too expensive and it is not really a mongerers hotel. Although it is a proper hotel, very clean with large spacious walkways, reception and lobby.

I had a room on the ground floor and you could pull across the patio doors and walk out on to the pool area which was nice however the only people out there were pasty white farang couples.

I had no trouble bringing back 2 guests to the hotel however when I brought them back it was 7am in the morning when people were having breakfast. There were some guys at the desk who just smirked. One of the girls did not have ID and the guy on the desk was reluctant to let her up but in the end relented and asked me if it was OK - I got the impression that they always insists on ID.

I have heard at least two reports on forums of guys complaining about joiners fees. It would seem that the Tropicana's policy is that it does require a joiners fee at least for the 2nd girl (if you have booked a room for two people then there is no charge for the first girl).

It is within 2 minutes walk of Soi 6 but a long way out from Walking Street. 10 - 15 minutes on a baht bus or 45 minutes brisk walk.

I stayed here for 2 weeks in Sept 2005.

The facade , grounds , foyer etc make the hotel look first class, the rooms however whilst are of average standard they dont match the rest of the hotel.

The pool is excellent.

I like the location it is in the middle of everything.

They definatley charged 300baht Joiner fee, I brought back a girl every night

A couple of times I brought a girl back for ST during the day and then another girl for LT that night and they wanted to charge 300 twice in a day.

The receptionship twice told girls I had brought back that i am a butterfly and have different girl every day.

I also got the feeling its not a mongers hotel, certaintantly not a butterflys hotel a few old guys with their full time teeraks and families.

It is a nice hotel and if it didnt have a joiner fee i'd consider stating there again however I have since stayed in other hotels that are better value for money.

PS Resize your pic or this thread will die, noone is going to wait 10 minutes for he page to load.

Pool was nice, spacious and clean. Had an outdoor bar nearby where you could get drinks or the waiters would come to you. Pool had sunlight all day and had plenty of loungers and umbrellers.

178453-3574.jpg

The rooms are dumpy. And that fat white chick at the pool is enough to tell me to stay away from this hotel.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com