IGNORED

Weight Issues

izifaddag

RF & BC

Thank you for your input I really, really appreciate it. I don't know as much about this stuff as I would like and your ideas and insight are invaluable.

I will start to incorporate the soya drink (I like that stuff). I will make an effort to change to working out in the morning early before work, they open at 5am.

I will change to weights first. I have been doing the reverse thinking I should warm up first. I look at the serious guys in the gym and I have noticed that they do maybe just 15 minutes on the treadmill then go to the weights. So I have cut my treadmill workouts to 1/2 hr and increased the amount of weight I am trying to lift. So far so good.

The rupture is coming along fine by the way :unsure:

All the other stuff is valid too including what Markster says. However I can't do 1,000 cals a day. I just know I can't. The food regimen that Markster mentioned I understand what he is referring to i.e psychology but I am not doing that.

I bought a Power Bar in a moment of weakness the other day. I ate it because it was $2 but then I read the label. A supposed protein bar and it was full of sugar and weighed in at 270 calories!! Fuck that is a meal!!! Way too many calories and I won't do that again. As for chicken I don't bread anything. I am able to go to the supermarket late at night and get 8 pieces of baked chicken for $3. Then I put it in the fridge and live off it. I love salad and will eat that in preference to other stuff because it is tasty. Tend to stay away from lettuce though. I use a fat free dressing which is ranch and I don't like it. When it is gone I will go back to my low cal Italian. Salad has virtually no calories and tons of good nutritional value. The dressing is he evil part of the equation.

When I get settled in my new place and actually can use a kitchen I will switch to RF's suggestion about the oil etc.

Now a new question regarding actually working out.

Ok so I have cut back the cardio per Doc and increased the weights but now I feel something is missing. It is like I am not doing enough.

before I would do 1hr on the treadmill and then flash through the weights every other day. Now I am stuck.

I go through the weights exercises quite quickly. I do 2 chest exercise at the same time. Flys and press. I give myself a chance to catch my breath and then use the other machine. (incidentally I don't see anything wrong with machines - weight is weight and I am nowhere near the level of you guys), I am doing 10 reps x 3. I try to vary the weight. So maybe 1 set lower then heavy then lower.

Then I do shoulders with another machine used in 2 different ways - wide and near.

Lats on a pull down and then biceps on a curl machine.

The weight is increasing I noticed.

However I am now confused about the regimen. I am thinking

Monday, Wednesday, Friday - cardio AND weights

Tuesday, Thursday - cardio only (just 1/2 hr)

Sat/Sun rest.

Any thoughts?

(BTW I start a new round of dance classes Sunday night. I like doing that and if anybody here thinks that it is easy doing the waltz / foxtrot / rumba think again. It is a serious cardio workout. I leave there tired after 2 hours.) :Bravo1:

I eat a lots of salads. I use fresh spinach and good greens, instead of iceberg. Pile on the other good stuff - carrots, tomatoes, etc. Diet dressing sucks. TRY THE BALSAMIC VINEGER TYPE DRESSINGS. THEY ARE GREAT AND LOW CAL.

I eat a lots of salads. I use fresh spinach and good greens, instead of iceberg. Pile on the other good stuff - carrots, tomatoes, etc. Diet dressing sucks. TRY THE BALSAMIC VINEGAR TYPE DRESSINGS. THEY ARE GREAT AND LOW CAL.

Thanks for the input.

Yes I am going to change to the balsamic vinegar and good quality extra virgin olive oil.

I have now switched to going through my weight routine THEN doing 1/2 hr on the treadmill. Chest / arms / shoulders one day then back and abs the next. I don't bother with any leg exercises at this point.

My weight went up to 241.5 then dropped again a day or two later back to 239 again. That made me happy :D

However the proof is in the pudding so they say!! By that I mean that today for the first time I have been able to fairly easily move my belt notch down to the 4th hole. It used to sit in the 2nd when I started. Then a tough 3 for a while and now 4.

I feel better but I must say that although I am obviously moving in the right direction I don't look any different yet.

Oh well I shall just keep plugging away this could take several years I think.

:rolleyes: