IGNORED

New flash drive

Guest Q

Most flash drives are just plug and play.

Let me know the make of it and size and any other detail and i'll see what I can find.

If you are running Windows 98 it might need drivers. If it is Windows XP, it should be recognized after a few minutes, and run fine.

If it is one of the new U3 drives, and you have win 98, you will probably not be able to use it.

Let us know about your system and we might be able to help more.

If you are running Windows 98 it might need drivers. If it is Windows XP, it should be recognized after a few minutes, and run fine.

If it is one of the new U3 drives, and you have win 98, you will probably not be able to use it.

Let us know about your system and we might be able to help more.

I know he runs Vista

I know he runs Vista

yeah i do. I have had it in for ages and it don't work. It asks me for the disk with the programe on it. it's not that important but just wanted to stick all my work stuff on it for safety.

Have you tried the stick in other computers?

Have you tried other ports on the computer you are using? I have one of my 4 ports on a fairly new laptop, that is already getting a bit squirrely... Sometimes it is like nothing is there.

Vista should recognize all usb sticks. So i am guessing it is either defective stick, or defective port. Try a reboot, cold reboot. Total shutdown, not just a soft reboot. Let us know if it is still trying to NOT work...

• 2 months later...

try on another computer with usb ports. you normally do not need drivers if you use xp or vista as it is plug and play.

the stick could be damaged