IGNORED

pimsleur transcript

Sexy Baldman

I have attached a transcript for pimsleur thai. I think I got this off someone on the forum in excel format and then I made a word file.....I can't upload a word file so I have made a PDF. I think it originally had the thai script and I made a decision – I don’t need that and deleted it all. Now I want it!

If anyone has the transcript with the thai it would be great to have it again, please let me know if you have it. Now I am learning to read thai.

I tried to google to find the transcript, but apparently it is hard to find. I downloaded several torrents ...but alas, no transcript at all. So at least some of you may likePimsleur Thai.pdf to have this transcript.

• Like 1

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

I looked through about half of the PDF and was amazed. This is Pimsleur?

Send it to your bin, there are so many mistakes in there.

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

Pimsleur is primarily audio-based, so I don't think they have any "official" transcripts, I've at least never seen any.

That's why I made sort of a transcript myself years ago, both in English and Thai. Not a full transcript, just the new words and sentence constructions per lesson.

If anyone is interested I'll see if I can still find it.

I'd say the lessons are a bit too formal for everyday use, but as an antidote to all the bargirl talk I think it's still a good start (as long as you don't pay for it) :D

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Pimsleur is primarily audio-based, so I don't think they have any "official" transcripts, I've at least never seen any.

That's why I made sort of a transcript myself years ago, both in English and Thai. Not a full transcript, just the new words and sentence constructions per lesson.

I'd say the lessons are a bit too formal for everyday use, but as an antidote to all the bargirl talk I think it's still a good start (as long as you don't pay for it) :D

interested pls share

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

I am starting my Thai basic with pimsleur . Got it on ebay for about 25.00 US . Got to start some where . I see some mistakes and will rewrite it for myself . I have good clear speakers on my Computer . Thanks .

Edited by sweet tampa

Yes, very interested if you can make that available, especially the Thai - I have listened to the lessons many times and it would be great to try to read them in Thai. I've also started on the "Thai for beginners" [becker]. Jeez, learning a language takes so much time! Still I do enjoy it. my Chinese is pretty good but I am bored with it.

The Linguaphone books are scanned online.

I'm getting the CDs next week so I'll rip them and upload them with the book.

I've also got the Teach Yourself Complete Thai audio but no means of scanning the book.

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "[email protected]"

See the attachment.

As I said before, it's not a full transcript, just the new stuff per lesson.

I looked through it just now and it looks ok, but I wrote it years ago so there might be a couple of mistakes. If you see any, let me know and I'll edit it.

As for the scans and audio files of Thai for beginners, Teach Yourself Thai, etc. there's a torrent on the piratebay called "Thai Learning Pack" that has them all, so have a look at that if you're interested (I think it was a member here who posted that link some time ago?).

Pimsleurs Thai.pdf

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

In addition to the torrents and usenet, you should be able to check out Pimsleur CDs from any decent public library. I live in a town of 15,000 people and our library stocks them.

See the attachment.

As I said before, it's not a full transcript, just the new stuff per lesson.

I looked through it just now and it looks ok, but I wrote it years ago so there might be a couple of mistakes. If you see any, let me know and I'll edit it.

As for the scans and audio files of Thai for beginners, Teach Yourself Thai, etc. there's a torrent on the piratebay called "Thai Learning Pack" that has them all, so have a look at that if you're interested (I think it was a member here who posted that link some time ago?).

Thanks very much, this PDF is EXACTLY what I wanted :GoldenSmile1:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.....I`m on lesson 3 and sometimes it`s difficult to get the pronunciation right if you don`t have anything to look at.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you for this.  I am planning my very first trip to Pattaya and have started the pimsleur Thai.  I know its a great program because I studied the Pimsleur Mandarin for almost 2 years and am pretty good with Mandarin now.  I have 6-7 months to get this down.  The pdfs will def help with the pronunciation.  Thanks again!

youtube vids are good too...search for Mod as she is sexy!

Mod got the boot from youtube ... people bitching about the music she played :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this. You saved me some time. I normally listen to the Pimsleur and write down phoenetically as I go and then study from there. I find reading easier than listening to audio. My mind wanders when listening to the audio. Thanks again.

• 5 years later...
On 11/03/2014 at 23:11, Sexy Baldman said:

youtube vids are good too...search for Mod as she is sexy!

The announcements about safety regulations on Thai Smile airline are obviously Mot's voice. I should offer to teach her how to pronounce the English a little better. :GrinNod1: She sometimes puts emphasis in the wrong place in her English words (normal problem for Thais). Its almost similar to us pronouncing Thai words with the wrong tones.

On 06/12/2012 at 07:59, gc6109 said:

Thanks.....I`m on lesson 3 and sometimes it`s difficult to get the pronunciation right if you don`t have anything to look at.

Even if you have something to look at, it won't help your pronunciation much, unless you are already well trained by a teacher in the phonetic romanised Thai system complete with tone marks. Thai vowel sounds are not the same as English vowels. Far from it. Closer to German Vowels. Westerners need training to even hear the Thai sounds correctly and then mouth shapes and movements required to make the Thai sounds correctly. It does not come naturally.

Most Farangs in Thailand have pretty weak pronunciation skills due to insufficient training.

Hearing the correct pronunciation ought to be more help than reading a romanised transcript, if you can hear it right.