IGNORED

This html make line breaks =:/

Martinell

Can anyone tell me what is wrong in these three lines?

<h2 class="block-title"><a href="/contact"><p align="right">Contact</p></a></h2>

<h2 class="block-title"><a href="/what-true-dating"><p align="center">What is True Dating</p></a></h2>

<h2 class="block-title"><a href="http://www.facebook....om/True4you"><p align="left">Facebook</p></a></h2>

The friendly dating site :)

banner.gif

Well it depends what you want it to look like.

Hard to correct it if we dont know that :)

Fair enough :)

Contact = align="right

What is True Dating = align="center"

Facebook = align="left"

bottom line of http://truedating4you.com but they do a line break.

Does that make sense? Sorry I'm an amateur ...

banner.gif

Martinell, sorry but you lost me.

You want "Facebook What is True Dating Contact" in a line,

with the link to http://truedating4you.com underneath?

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Am I correct that you want them all on the same line? If so I don't think you can do that using align. Best to put everything between the same line and manually space them out.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Good idea thanks this will do it for me :D

banner.gif

Am I correct that you want them all on the same line? If so I don't think you can do that using align. Best to put everything between the same line and manually space them out.

If want all on the same line a table probably better or you will have loads of erroneous   code

You CAN use spaces but its poor code.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

No he can put them on the same line:

Add to css

.right {

text-align: right;

float: right;

}

.center {

text-align: center;

float: none;

}

.left {

text-align: left;

float: left;

}

New code

<h2 class="block-title left"><a href="#facebook.com/truedating">Facebook</a></h2>

<h2 class="block-title right"><a href="/contact">Contact</a></h2>

<h2 class="block-title center"><a href="/what-true-dating">What is True Dating</a></h2>

(where "#" is for http:// replace in your code, looks odd here)

If you wanted another link in the centre below it, just add another line:

<h2 class="block-title center"><a href="/what-true-dating">What is True Dating</a></h2>

However whatever you want, you have no need for the <p> tags within the <a href> tags.

The <h2> tags are defining the font characteristic, so the <p> tags just confuse the issue.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Fair enough :)

Contact = align="right

What is True Dating = align="center"

Facebook = align="left"

bottom line of http://truedating4you.com but they do a line break.

Does that make sense? Sorry I'm an amateur ...

Hello: I assume you want the words/links "Contacts", "What is Dating", "Facebook" all on one line? When I view the site using the Google Chrome browser, that's what I see: "Facebook" is on the left, "What is True Dating" is centered and "Contact" is on the right. Try clearing your browser cache and if that doesn't work, try using a different browser, view from a different computer, etc.

If this helps, do I get a free drink sometime? I'd also be interested in learning if this site makes money.

Some of the other suggestions made above sound good also. Best wishes.

Edited by CyberPro

If want all on the same line a table probably better or you will have loads of erroneous   code

Yes but it is a lot easier for an 'amateur'...:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yep :)

It is already in a table.

No he can put them on the same line:

Add to css

.right {

text-align: right;

float: right;

}

.center {

text-align: center;

float: none;

}

.left {

text-align: left;

float: left;

}

New code

<h2 class="block-title left"><a href="#facebook.com/truedating">Facebook</a></h2>

<h2 class="block-title right"><a href="/contact">Contact</a></h2>

(where "#" is for http:// replace in your code, looks odd here)

If you wanted another link in the centre below it, just add another line:

However whatever you want, you have no need for the <p> tags within the <a href> tags.

The <h2> tags are defining the font characteristic, so the <p> tags just confuse the issue.

Cheers,

toomuch

Thanks but for some reason <h2 class="block-title right"> <a href="/contact"> Contact </ a> </ h2> don't right-align.

Hello: I assume you want the words/links "Contacts", "What is Dating", "Facebook" all on one line? When I view the site using the Google Chrome browser, that's what I see: "Facebook" is on the left, "What is True Dating" is centered and "Contact" is on the right. Try clearing your browser cache and if that doesn't work, try using a different browser, view from a different computer, etc.

If this helps, do I get a free drink sometime? I'd also be interested in learning if this site makes money.

Some of the other suggestions made above sound good also. Best wishes.

555 Cyper hit the like button on http://www.facebook.com/True4you and you will.

Yes but it is a lot easier for an 'amateur'... :P

:D

banner.gif

Thanks but for some reason <h2 class="block-title right"> <a href="/contact"> Contact </ a> </ h2> don't right-align.

On its own, no it won't, but it will if you have added the new styles to the css.

I had look at your site, and can see it is a Drupal template product, you can add css both externally and internally, however I feel I may be just confusing you, as I do understand your amateur status..

Confusion aside, you do need to consider why you are using the block-title class as well. Glancing at your code and I can see

h2.block-title{display:none;position:absolute;}

That will cause positioning problems, unless overwritten.

On its own, no it won't, but it will if you have added the new styles to the css.

I had look at your site, and can see it is a Drupal template product, you can add css both externally and internally, however I feel I may be just confusing you, as I do understand your amateur status..

Confusion aside, you do need to consider why you are using the block-title class as well. Glancing at your code and I can see

h2.block-title{display:none;position:absolute;}

That will cause positioning problems, unless overwritten.

Thanks mate I feel I have to handle this over to my developer :D

banner.gif

Martinell - you may have too use the developer in this case, as you obviously aren't that confident with coding.

Whilst you are using the developer, get him to fix (or add another) media queries mobile css file. Presently you are only catering for mobiles with screen sizes between 480 and 240 pixels.

The template you've brought is built on a well supported CMS (Drupal) and appears at first glance to be pretty good.

However I would suggest that anyone who is planning on running any form of online business learn some basic HTML and CSS structure.

There are a gazillion articles online that will help, and once you begin to get your head around it, it isn't that difficult.

Basically, if I can do it, anyone can...

Good luck.

Martinell - you may have too use the developer in this case, as you obviously aren't that confident with coding.

Whilst you are using the developer, get him to fix (or add another) media queries mobile css file. Presently you are only catering for mobiles with screen sizes between 480 and 240 pixels.

The template you've brought is built on a well supported CMS (Drupal) and appears at first glance to be pretty good.

However I would suggest that anyone who is planning on running any form of online business learn some basic HTML and CSS structure.

There are a gazillion articles online that will help, and once you begin to get your head around it, it isn't that difficult.

Basically, if I can do it, anyone can...

Good luck.

Thanks, I intend to learn but I am completely new on Drupal, before I was reasonable to cut and paste html :)

banner.gif

555 Cyper hit the like button on http://www.facebook.com/True4you and you will.

What is it that I will? Get a free drink? ;) I don't do Facebook due to the fact that any actions one does there will be sold to the highest bidder for marketing purposes or be viewable by snoops. For some that's an issue, for other's it's not.

Thanks, I intend to learn but I am completely new on Drupal, before I was reasonable to cut and paste html :)

Drupal huh? Cool, and an ambitious undertaking for a beginner. Drupal seems to be standing the test of time amid competing applications. A little study and practice of Drupal might be in order.

Edited by CyberPro

What would be a realistic price for doing http://truedating4you.com (Drupal) in two languages ie you choose between English and Thai as:

http://truevisions.truecorp.co.th/?ln%20=%20en&ln=en

http://truevisions.truecorp.co.th/?ln%20=%20en&ln=th

I've the translation :)

banner.gif

Don't know but you could get an idea of what contractors are charging on places like elance and oDesk. Beware of scammers. ODesk allows you to observe the contractor's progress which should be a big help avoiding scams.

Don't know but you could get an idea of what contractors are charging on places like elance and oDesk. Beware of scammers. ODesk allows you to observe the contractor's progress which should be a big help avoiding scams.

Thank Cyper :)

I have given it a try https://www.odesk.co...ob&ref=post_job

Go and get your Liquid food 555+

banner.gif

Hi Martinell: I'll take you up on your offer one of these days. I see I have the book "Using Drupal" by O'Reilly but haven't worked with Drupal for some time. Once I escape the day job rut I'd like to revisit fun stuff like that.

As an aside: An Internet Marketing person I used to follow announced a program whereby social networking sites would be built based on Drupal. One could pay more to have their sites configured by the developer (from a somewhat unstable developing country) who the marketer had found on some place like elance. I declined the developer help since I figured I could do that myself. The program went on for awhile then the marketer went silent. I don't know if the developer had gone silent before that. The subscribers were left to fend for themselves. I helped one I knew with his site a bit until I ran out of time. He then had someone else do more work at a higher rate.

Drupal was used successfully for the departmental internal website for a former employer. I'd be interested in hearing how that works and scales for your purpose. It appears that people have been using Drupal for sites such as yours for some time. Good luck.

http://www.google.com/search?q=drupal+dating+module&aq=1&oq=Drupal+dating+&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts