IGNORED

Cheap vegetarian places to eat?

I'm vegetarian. Any good (not expensive) place to eat around soi central to Walking Street range. Such as garden pizzas, subway veggie sandwiches, cheese and spinach enchiladas, vegetable chow-mein/lo-mein type of entrees ?

I'm vegetarian. Any good (not expensive) place to eat around soi central to walking street range. Such as garden pizzas, subway veggie sandwiches, cheese and spinach enchiladas, vegetable chow-mein/lo-mein type of entrees ?

I'm vegetarian too, with the occasional fish dish. If you like it, Thai food is great for vegetarians there are many vegetable only dishes that taste great. Pat See Ew Jay. Pat Pak Ruam. Dom Kha Jay.

I'm vegetarian. Any good (not expensive) place to eat around soi central to walking street range. Such as garden pizzas, subway veggie sandwiches, cheese and spinach enchiladas, vegetable chow-mein/lo-mein type of entrees ?

Me same same. Thais are not vegetarians except maybe the Monks so I mostly will ask for

food with "no animal" and tell them you are a vegetarian....like the monks.

Indian and some middle eastern restaurants will have some stuff available on their menus too.

quite a few Subway places throughout the town.

On beach road These 2 are close to Walking Street. Tipps and Baywatch restaurants I eat at alot...just take the time to make sure

the waitress understands.They usually put egg in the fried rice so you have to tell them no egg if that's what you prefer.

I'm vegetarian too, with the occasional fish dish. If you like it, Thai food is great for vegetarians there are many vegetable only dishes that taste great. Pat See Ew Jay. Pat Pak Ruam. Dom Kha Jay.

all you really need to do is asked them if they have JAY food.. most thais should know what JAY means.. basicly no eggs or meat.. just veg.. and tofu..

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

all you really need to do is asked them if they have JAY food.. most thais should know what JAY means.. basicly no eggs or meat.. just veg.. and tofu..

Hello PE.GOB,

Thanks for the tip but just because a thai or any person in a restaurant

understands a word dosen't mean they're going to make the food right.

Most people who learn i'm one ask the same old questions about what do

vegetarians eat. Thailand is no different.

What has happened to me before is their will be no chunks of meat in the food

but, fish or oyster sauce or chicken stock is going to be used in preparing the food if

you cannot make the cook understand what you need left out of the dish.

Best to find a place that gets it right and go to that place in the future.

So as well as being a tree hugger you are a cheap charlie? Humans are top of the food chain - eat animals they taste good :Censored1:

Hello PE.GOB,

Thanks for the tip but just because a thai or any person in a restaurant

understands a word dosen't mean they're going to make the food right.

Most people who learn i'm one ask the same old questions about what do

vegetarians eat. Thailand is no different.

What has happened to me before is their will be no chunks of meat in the food

but, fish or oyster sauce or chicken stock is going to be used in preparing the food if

you cannot make the cook understand what you need left out of the dish.

Best to find a place that gets it right and go to that place in the future.

true that... :rolleyes:

Edited by PE.GOB

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

The pizza company does a half decent veggie pizza. Its in RGP.

Upstairs in RGP is the food hall...worth a look. Lots of different cuisines and reaosnable amount of veggie choice.

Its off the beaten track, but there is a half decent veggie restaurant on the corner of south pattaya road and 3rd road..just on the left as you come up from pattaya heading towards sukhumvit.

Hope that helps.

The pizza company does a half decent veggie pizza. Its in RGP.

Upstairs in RGP is the food hall...worth a look. Lots of different cuisines and reaosnable amount of veggie choice.

Its off the beaten track, but there is a half decent veggie restaurant on the corner of south pattaya road and 3rd road..just on the left as you come up from pattaya heading towards sukhumvit.

Hope that helps.

Don't quote me on this but i think you might find that veggie place on South PR is closed now??

A few decent veggie places in Soi Rungland opposite TOT building SPouth Patts Road near third, hope this helps a bit out of the way but the grub is top notch

• 1 month later...

Most thai food can be made vegaterian. just ask your thai BF or BG to order for you thats what I did.. No problem getting food except for geting breakfast. If you do eat seafood then ordering shouldnt be any problem.. Just remember ordering vegaetarian then to be more expensive then ordering meat dishes ( have No idea why Same in the states ). Seafood I really liked was on WS cross from maine disco dont recall the name.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_02_10_50.htm Cool litlle festival

Check out the Sizzler restaurant at RG shopping mall--They have a nice salad/fruit/soup bar for around 150B.

Another idea, their is a Pattaya Vegetrian Club that meets monthly at various restaurants--Do a google search for contact info.

• 3 years later...

Some useful phrases here for veges. Check the link for some audio snippets

Thai Phrases: Vegetarian

pom gin jay / pom gin mang-sa-wi-rat - I eat vegetarian

pom mai gin neua sat - I don't eat meat

aa-haan jaan nee-mee neua sat mai - Does this plate of food have any meat in it?

pom ao baep nee... dtae mai sai neua sat - I want this one ... but without meat (dtae pronounced dai)

tee nee mee aa-haan mang-sa-wi-rat mai - Do you have vegetarian food here?

tee nai mee aa-haan mang-sa-wi-rat kaai baang - Where do they sell vegetarian food?

http://www.enjoythaifood.com/learnthai/vegetarian.php

^^ Think this sounds like a place I went to last trip. Good food at a great price.

IMG_0733 (Small).JPG

IMG_0734 (Small).JPG