IGNORED

Advise on Torrents

Guest Q

I have just started to use these. I had downloaded 3 films and none would play, but i downloaded the Prison series OZ and they played no bother.

Any ideas?

Thanks Mike.

I am not too clever about all this. but in a nut shell will i drag and drop the film into this programe and it'll convert it for me?

No, just install this program and play the files as normal in your usual media player

No, just install this program and play the files as normal in your usual media player

Thanks mate. I think thats roughly 20 pints i owe you :Flying:

Thanks mate. I think thats roughly 20 pints i owe you :Flying:

No worries, thats what I'm here for! Just your average computer geek lol

Good thread. Thanks I've just downloaded a few programs from that site very useful.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

I love the torrent thing ... but it DID take some time to get all of the file types to play. Most are .avi files, so they'll play on Windows Media Viewer -- at least on a PC. If you're on a mac and they won't play with sound on QUicktime, download the free VLC video player -- it can play pretty much anything on a map. EIther that, or the XVid player. I wish they would just make a standard format for all this shit. On the other hand, it's all free, so I guess I shouldn't complain!

Just to make sure the listening port is open (i know that will make no sense to you Q)

You get best download speeds between 11pm and 6am anyway, just leave downloads overnight like I do and most of the time they are complete when I wake up.

Just to make sure the listening port is open (i know that will make no sense to you Q)

You get best download speeds between 11pm and 6am anyway, just leave downloads overnight like I do and most of the time they are complete when I wake up.

cheers :D

Actually I've just noticed the latest DivX codec now plays Xvid, though I've not tried it for encoding yet.

Be scene and not herd.

this badboy will play all video files including partially downloaded files!!

iso files and all the avi's, mpgs etc even flash and real player stuff!!!

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Or you can try and join

www.supertorrents.org

or www.torrentbytes.org

if you can download at 200kb a second you will get these speeds on these sites

if you can download at 1meg a second you will also get these speeds on these sites

I have moved house and I cant get ADSL2 out in the suburbs , however when i had ADSL 2 i was downloading a movie in 25 minutes.

Torrentspy and Piratebay are full of leeches so you struggle to get any better than 20kbs a second

www.demonoid.com isn't much better

Another tip is buy an Divx player or at least a DVD/DIVX, that way you can download xvid (700-800megs) as opposed to DVDS (3-4 gig) and still watch it on a dvd player without having to convert the file using DVD santa etc.

Another tip is buy an Divx player or at least a DVD/DIVX, that way you can download xvid (700-800megs) as opposed to DVDS (3-4 gig) and still watch it on a dvd player without having to convert the file using DVD santa etc.

Or try this as stated in my previous post

I've just started a thread on how to make the most out of downloading movies with torrents.

They easy way to watch them on you DVD player and your 50 inch wide screen!

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Downl...ies-t12455.html

:P

Can anyone help me on PS2 Games.

I know how to burn movies , is burning a PS2 game to disc any different?

cheers :Beer1:

PS2 games normally come as .ISO if I am not mistaken.

I think the same rules apply, I have burnt movies that are .iso before and I think I used either alcohol or Nero or Power2go.

Google "how to burn .iso"

Thanks Pandute.

I will also add

You can check the quality of the movie you are downloading here

www.vcdquality.com

Say you want to download "Superbad"

example below (whenver you go to download a file it will have the following)

1)type of file eg (Cam,telesync,dvdrip etc)

2)the group who did the recording or supplied or stole the video in this instance it is Mvs

so you can go to www.vcdquality.com check the standard of the movie you are about to download/buy

08/25/2007 TELESYNC Superbad *XviD* *INTERNAL* mVs 5.5/7.5/9.3

the 5.5 is picture quality 5.5/10

the7.5 is sound

the 9.3 is the viewerrs rating of the movie

so this particular copy is not very good as the picture quality is only 5.5/10

Even if you live in Thailand and you occasionaly buy movies off the street , you can go to vcdquality and if there isnt a good copy of the movie you want to watch then the stuff they are selling on the street is the same, becuase it all comes from the same sources.

I downloaded a TV series last night.

The files are in R01 R02 R03 ETC ETC

But they wont play in any of the programes in here.

Any ideas?

I owe you so much beer!! :):Drunk1::P

I'll pop up to Scotland just to take you up on that!

Might even visit some relatives when i'm there! lol