Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jasmine Hotel Review

Pdxlou

Jasmine hotel

Located off Soi BJ.

Well I got into Pattaya about 230am on the 21st. I had already made the hotel aware that I would be arriving late and to keep my room. I was asked upon checking in if I wanted to pay for the full 15 nights 9000 Baht right then and there. I didn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staying there at the moment.

Its fairly empty so you don't have to book in advance. I haven't even told them how long i'm staying. I'll just up and leave when i want to move on and that seems fine.

Wifi - signal streagth varies but it just about works and is free

I've ended up staying in four different rooms and the beds seemed good in all

Staff seemed pretty friendly. I asked to move because of wifi signal, then aircon, then the disco below. And each time where helpfull.

Cleaning staff have gone out of there way to accomodate me sleeping all day.

I've also been very impressed with the discresion of the staff. i've been running a mini-soap opera with varius BG getting attached or turning up unannouced and leaving messages. Not once have they given the game away despite my shagging being a running joke with them.

THings do take a while to get fixed.

The disco downstairs is stupidly loud. Not a problem in most rooms but the ones directly above it have some flaw in teh soundproofing, its as loud as most beer bars in your room all night. The staff really hate the noise as well. But apart from reception and directly above it the soundproofing is good.

Price i think is reasonable for Walking Street with wifi - 800B a night.

Not really tried the disco downstairs, it seems pretty empty most of the time. I have enough problems with BG's getting attached or jelous without shitting on my own doorstep.

They also have safes, and I think a free internet pc/dvd player. Not used it myself but seen others watching dvd's on it with BG's or browsing.

I'm seriously thinking of staying here next time I come.

The most important thing for me is the flexabilty. I dont' want to have to book in advance or commit to fixed stay which unfortuantly case with a few other places i've wanted to stay but have always left it to late.

• 2 weeks later...

Good reports there!

I stayed there my first trip in january and just some day ago i book me in over this xmas and nye.

My review will be simple:

Pro:

Walking Street just some metres away

Cheap even at high season (good value for money)

Nice staff

Pretty big rooms (this was superior suite)

Bathroom was ok

Safes needs both your key and reception staffs (sounds safe atleast)

Cons:

Broken eletrics (they fixed it as soon as i mentioned it)

Balcony facing the neighbouring housewall

Balcony door not tight, therefor unwanted guest(s) arrived (spiders) :unsure:

• 6 months later...

Thank you for the detailed review! Very helpful.

Best wishes,

Doc

Jasmine Hotel

Located off Soi BJ.

Well I got into Pattaya about 230am on the 21st. I had already made the hotel aware that I would be arriving late and to keep my room. I was asked upon checking in if I wanted to pay for the full 15 nights 9000 Baht right then and there. I didn’t have that on me, so I paid 3500 at the time. I was quoted 850 over the net for the room, but when I arrived I was given the price of 600 Baht.

The 1st room they gave me room 318 or was it 312… was small. I started to un pack and was at the closet when I noticed that there was water on the floor. At 1st I thought, well maybe because I tracked it in from outside, it had been raining on the way there. No… I felt the ground. There was a puddle, the room had a leak somewhere. I went down stairs and told them what was up, and they were not sure what to do. I asked for another room. I was shown another room, Room 301 and it was larger than the other one. I unpacked my stuff and went to go see walking street. There was a problem with the dead bolt on the door. You couldn’t lock it. Just the door knob. I went down stairs and told them of my problem and they didn’t understand. So I showed one of the workers the problem with the door. At 1st he thought it was working, cause it would lock with the key in the door, but you couldn’t pull out the key if the door was locked. So if you unlocked the door you could get the key out, Catch 22. So we went back down stairs and I was told then that they would fix the problem tomorrow. Well the next day it wasn’t fixed and I was told that again, tomorrow it would be fixed. They did end up fixing the lock in the end.

The room was of a good size, then again this has been the only hotel iv stayed in Thailand. The shower area had a door, and a glass block divider between the shower and the toilet. It had a sink and a small mirror. The light in the bathroom was Horrible. It needs to be brighter.

The bed I slept on sagged so much to one side that one of the girls made jokes about it.

The furniture in the room was ok, although the 1st rooms closet had broken drawers. In a friends room, his was broken too.

They have curtains over the windows but they do Zero for blocking out sun. I had to get a couple towels to throw on the rod to block out light.. and even then.. it did a bad job.

It has a kitchen Hotplate in the room and im sure if you wanted to cook, you could.

It has a medium size refrigerator so that was nice. They stock the fridge with 2 coke, 2 Diet coke, 2 Singha , 2 Hieniken, 2 Pineapple juice and you get two free waters a day.

The room has a Fan as well as a AC unit that worked quite well for the room size.

The room was cleaned everyday that I was out of the room before 3pm. Some days I slept late and they were unable to clean the room. When they did clean they did a very good job.

Hotel staff were very nice. I would often just drop off some fruit if I was out to say thank you.

The rooms do not have Safes, something I would have liked to see. They do however have a Safe deposit box you can use to store your passport and ID or whatever you need privacy for.

They also have 2 computers downstairs for use for free.

The hotel is off Soi BJ and is hard to get to if you don’t know where it is and if walking street is closed off to traffic.

There is a club at the bottom of the hotel called BJ Club but on the 3rd floor I didn’t hear anything.

This is a Great location for being so near to walking street. Find a girl at a beer bar or whatever and your home. No need for a baht bus or taxi to go across town.

Internet access. Wifi is also provided. I could get signal from my room on the 3rd floor, however the wifi router was on my floor so maybe that’s why. It was slow but it worked.

Only once had to go out, and I had to cycle the power to the router to get it to work again.

Rooms were cheap when I stayed. 600 Baht from Sep 21- Oct 6 2007.

Pro:

Close to walking street

Cheap

Clean

Friendly Staff

Free Computer Use

Free Wifi

Cons:

Dim lit rooms

Dim Bathroom light

No In room safes

Bed? Maybe it was just mine.

Hard to get to if walking street is closed to traffic. Taxi is unsure where to drop off.

PdxLou

I have stayed in Jasmine hotel 3 times and liked it alot.. its not high end.. but you get what you pay for and in this case i think you get alot for 800baht a day..

The staff is friendly (one of the girls at the reception is acully quite hot) and always helpfull..

I have stayed in the same room each time on the 3erd floor.. and never had a noise problem.

The roomes are good for the price.. only issue IMO is the lack of TV channels.. fixed that with some DVDs and a laptop tho :o

The free wifi is great.. the signal has a bad case of the grimlings at times but its usaly no big deal..

Its realy girl friendly.. i have brought back 3 girls more then ounce and never had a problem.. its also LB friendly if your into that..

And last but not least.. location, location, location... nothing beats a room 25 sekund walk from walkingstreet

Would i recomend this hotel? Yes i would.. for 800 baht a day you just cant beat it imo..

Best Regards Fed7haS

I have stayed in Jasmine hotel 3 times and liked it alot.. its not high end.. but you get what you pay for and in this case i think you get alot for 800baht a day..

The staff is friendly (one of the girls at the reception is acully quite hot) and always helpfull..

I have stayed in the same room each time on the 3erd floor.. and never had a noise problem.

The roomes are good for the price.. only issue IMO is the lack of TV channels.. fixed that with some DVDs and a laptop tho :Chokdee3:

The free wifi is great.. the signal has a bad case of the grimlings at times but its usaly no big deal..

Its realy girl friendly.. i have brought back 3 girls more then ounce and never had a problem.. its also LB friendly if your into that..

And last but not least.. location, location, location... nothing beats a room 25 sekund walk from walkingstreet

Would i recomend this hotel? Yes i would.. for 800 baht a day you just cant beat it imo..

Best Regards Fed7haS

Hi Fed,

How many floors does the Jasmine have and do any have balconies with a "Good" view?

Also what room number do you have each time?I ask this because it must be a good one if you have it 3x :unsure:

I stayed at the Jasmine hotel last November. Although it was adequate, I think that there are many better places of value nearby. I did not like the stairs, as they are a real deathtrap when they get wet. I also didn't like the militant katoeys at Litas hassling you while walking past. Beware that the far end of Soi BJ is a bit filthy, even for Patts standards. No pool (no biggie), the wireless Internet signal is pretty weak, but is ok downstairs in the lobby. I did not realize that they had computers available for guest use. There is a lot of noise (both day and night) so if you are a light sleeper, you may want to look elsewhere. While I was there, they offered free breekie to compensate for the construction noise. They even gave out foam earplugs if you wanted them. The photos on the website are not an actual representation of the rooms, but that is typical of anyplace in LOS. IMO, you get what you pay for.

à¸à¹‰à¸™à¸›à¸­à¸”ยอดขุนพล <center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/14.jpg&text=LA%20VIDA%20LOCA&untilColor=0&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=8&day=28&hour=23&minute=45&second=0&x=30&y=72" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

I stayed at the Jasmine Hotel last November. Although it was adequate, I think that there are many better places of value nearby. I did not like the stairs, as they are a real deathtrap when they get wet. I also didn't like the militant katoeys at Litas hassling you while walking past. Beware that the far end of Soi BJ is a bit filthy, even for Patts standards. No pool (no biggie), the wireless Internet signal is pretty weak, but is ok downstairs in the lobby. I did not realize that they had computers available for guest use. There is a lot of noise (both day and night) so if you are a light sleeper, you may want to look elsewhere. While I was there, they offered free breekie to compensate for the construction noise. They even gave out foam earplugs if you wanted them. The photos on the website are not an actual representation of the rooms, but that is typical of anyplace in LOS. IMO, you get what you pay for. I stayed @ jasmine in jan 9 thur 31 I really enjoyed my stay there close to all the action and I also stayed on the 3rd floor .....lol fuck 2 girls that stayed in that hotel right a cross from jasmine I will stay there again when I go back in jan I like high season they will also pick you up @ the airport I didnt use the airport pick up but I did use the service to take be back to the airport when I left I think it was 800 baht I will me back there

mickeylo

you mean this girl ?

308218-66.jpg

Many thanks for the detailed reviews fella's... have often wondered about staying at this place... now i know!

Thanks for the good reports of this hotel guys. Should I ever consider another hotel then the Lek Villa, I know that this one is a good one too.

you mean this girl ?

308881-6.jpg

Thats one of the front desk girls... brought her fruit now n then to say thanks...

I thought she was adorable, very nice and polite... I never tried anything with her tho.

Lou

Good reports there!

I stayed there my first trip in january and just some day ago i book me in over this xmas and nye.

My review will be simple:

Pro:

Walking street just some metres away

Cheap even at high season (good value for money)

Nice staff

Pretty big rooms (this was superior suite)

Bathroom was ok

Safes needs both your key and reception staffs (sounds safe atleast)

Cons:

Broken eletrics (they fixed it as soon as i mentioned it)

Balcony facing the neighbouring housewall

Balcony door not tight, therefor unwanted guest(s) arrived (spiders) :P

Did your room was second floor?

I stayed at the Jasmine hotel last year one month.

Jasmine is good hotel but disco is too loud.

• 1 month later...

I've stayed there in 2006. The location is great, right in the middel of Walking Street. The only problem was the noise from outsite and from muslim customers in rooms. They tend to cook all night for the family and they eat loudly. You may have a breakfast whenever you want.

• 4 weeks later...

I have stayed there twice, the first time i actually moved from pattaya bay resort hotel and i felt Jasmine was far better value, but still a little disappointed with the room, kind of dull and empty, and the bed was dodgy. But i was staying in the cheapest room.

The second time i went back there, stayed in the most expensive room this time because it is still so cheap and may just make the little bit of difference, I liked it a lot, never heard any noise at all, was on 3rd floor i think, the free wifi was good, although every now and then had to connect to a different floors router to get better signal.

The staff are always discreet and friendly, the cleaners were very good, so close to Walking Street, and food, and i really didn't find it a problem passing the LB's on soi BJ, as was mentioned earlier.

I would highly recommend this hotel for people who want to stay some where comfortable, clean and close to the action for a fantastic price, but i did stay at Discovery Beach hotel also and it was 2 times the price but 5 times nicer, so depends what you are looking for and how much the money / quality means to you when there are girls to pay for.

excellent review Pdxlou

thanks

DON'T EVER NOT FINISH A BOTTLE OF BOURBON AND DON'T EVER TURN DOWN A FREE GO GO GIRL

• 5 months later...
Jasmine Hotel

Located off Soi BJ.

Well I got into Pattaya about 230am on the 21st. I had already made the hotel aware that I would be arriving late and to keep my room. I was asked upon checking in if I wanted to pay for the full 15 nights 9000 Baht right then and there. I didn�€™t have that on me, so I paid 3500 at the time. I was quoted 850 over the net for the room, but when I arrived I was given the price of 600 Baht.

The 1st room they gave me room 318 or was it 312�€� was small. I started to un pack and was at the closet when I noticed that there was water on the floor. At 1st I thought, well maybe because I tracked it in from outside, it had been raining on the way there. No�€� I felt the ground. There was a puddle, the room had a leak somewhere. I went down stairs and told them what was up, and they were not sure what to do. I asked for another room. I was shown another room, Room 301 and it was larger than the other one. I unpacked my stuff and went to go see walking street. There was a problem with the dead bolt on the door. You couldn�€™t lock it. Just the door knob. I went down stairs and told them of my problem and they didn�€™t understand. So I showed one of the workers the problem with the door. At 1st he thought it was working, cause it would lock with the key in the door, but you couldn�€™t pull out the key if the door was locked. So if you unlocked the door you could get the key out, Catch 22. So we went back down stairs and I was told then that they would fix the problem tomorrow. Well the next day it wasn�€™t fixed and I was told that again, tomorrow it would be fixed. They did end up fixing the lock in the end.

The room was of a good size, then again this has been the only hotel iv stayed in Thailand. The shower area had a door, and a glass block divider between the shower and the toilet. It had a sink and a small mirror. The light in the bathroom was Horrible. It needs to be brighter.

The bed I slept on sagged so much to one side that one of the girls made jokes about it.

The furniture in the room was ok, although the 1st rooms closet had broken drawers. In a friends room, his was broken too.

They have curtains over the windows but they do Zero for blocking out sun. I had to get a couple towels to throw on the rod to block out light.. and even then.. it did a bad job.

It has a kitchen Hotplate in the room and im sure if you wanted to cook, you could.

It has a medium size refrigerator so that was nice. They stock the fridge with 2 coke, 2 Diet coke, 2 Singha , 2 Hieniken, 2 Pineapple juice and you get two free waters a day.

The room has a Fan as well as a AC unit that worked quite well for the room size.

The room was cleaned everyday that I was out of the room before 3pm. Some days I slept late and they were unable to clean the room. When they did clean they did a very good job.

Hotel staff were very nice. I would often just drop off some fruit if I was out to say thank you.

The rooms do not have Safes, something I would have liked to see. They do however have a Safe deposit box you can use to store your passport and ID or whatever you need privacy for.

They also have 2 computers downstairs for use for free.

The hotel is off Soi BJ and is hard to get to if you don�€™t know where it is and if walking street is closed off to traffic.

There is a club at the bottom of the hotel called BJ Club but on the 3rd floor I didn�€™t hear anything.

This is a Great location for being so near to walking street. Find a girl at a beer bar or whatever and your home. No need for a baht bus or taxi to go across town.

Internet access. Wifi is also provided. I could get signal from my room on the 3rd floor, however the wifi router was on my floor so maybe that�€™s why. It was slow but it worked.

Only once had to go out, and I had to cycle the power to the router to get it to work again.

Rooms were cheap when I stayed. 600 Baht from Sep 21- Oct 6 2007.

Pro:

Close to walking street

Cheap

Clean

Friendly Staff

Free Computer Use

Free Wifi

Cons:

Dim lit rooms

Dim Bathroom light

No In room safes

Bed? Maybe it was just mine.

Hard to get to if walking street is closed to traffic. Taxi is unsure where to drop off.

PdxLou

Pattaya Hotel prices

Newbies, be warned. Don't really recommend staying at the Jasmine hotel.

Sorry, but the only thing going for it is the location (if you like noise) and a small kitchenette (if you are staying for a long time and want to cook -- mind you, there are no pots or pans, but dishes). For the price, you are getting a 1-star slum of a room (1-star because of the location).

Better value can be had elsewhere. Prices have increased markedly. Rooms used to be 500 Baht at the Jasmine hotel a short while ago.

The downstairs rooms are 650 Baht/night (watch out for the mosquitos). A room upstairs with a window is 800 Baht/night. There's no phone. Limited cable TV access (4-5 channels at the most - with the rest "No Signal").

Oh, and another thing, ladyboys always hang outside the Jasmine hotel at night -- which is all good if you're into that sorta thing.

Once again, better value for the price can be found elsewhere in Pattaya.

PS: THE TOWELS ARE OLD, WORN AND RAGGED. The worst I've ever seen in a hotel.

as it's so cheap and located at "ground zero", it makes a fantastic place to keep as a second room for ST's when you have a GF in a nicer hotel.

Newbies, be warned. Don't really recommend staying at the Jasmine Hotel.

Sorry, but the only thing going for it is the location (if you like noise) and a small kitchenette (if you are staying for a long time and want to cook -- mind you, there are no pots or pans, but dishes). For the price, you are getting a 1-star slum of a room (1-star because of the location).

Better value can be had elsewhere. Prices have increased markedly. Rooms used to be 500 Baht at the Jasmine Hotel a short while ago.

The downstairs rooms are 650 Baht/night (watch out for the mosquitos). A room upstairs with a window is 800 Baht/night. There's no phone. Limited cable TV access (4-5 channels at the most - with the rest "No Signal").

Oh, and another thing, ladyboys always hang outside the Jasmine Hotel at night -- which is all good if you're into that sorta thing.

Once again, better value for the price can be found elsewhere in Pattaya.

PS: THE TOWELS ARE OLD, WORN AND RAGGED. The worst I've ever seen in a hotel.

I'm currently staying at Jasmine.

True there is no phone and the selction of TV channels isn't great but I didn't come here to make calls or watch TV. No problems with towels during my week so far.

There is a Ladyboy bar near the hotel so some will be in the area but I believe they have been told not to bother customers of the hotel or the attached gogo and only a couple have even spoke as I walked past. I'd be more worried by the number lurking on Walking Street.

There is noise from around 8pm till about 3am which is when I am out or with my girl for the evening so hasn't bothered me.

It isn't luxurious but the location is great and meets my needs for a trip to Pattaya. Definitely a hotel that will suit some peoples needs but not others.

• 2 years later...

Thank for the review. I have not been to Pattaya and I need to do more research and a good spot.

tumblr_maxcv5VtYT1qzdgljo1_400.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Did u try the restaurant?

I was there in April and there was no restaurant operating.

Robw

• 1 year later...

Archived