Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Center condo complex - quick review

balls

I have just looked at this place for a possible rental and have the following info for anyone interested.

the location is as central a you will get for w/s for a condo complex, just off pattaya thai road, opposite Tuckom, set back from the main road, with ample parking, the condo complex is possibly one of the oldest in patts and is looking its age.

from the main enterance, which is not security manned, there is a reception, which no-one was at when i visited and had to search for someone to discuss rentals with. there is a lift area from that which leads to the blocks, the lift is old and smelly and is a fair representation of what was to follow.

rooms are 7000bt a month for a small room, with sink and basic kitchen utilities ( no hob) and 12000bt for a larger room with bigger kitchen area (with hob). This includes use of the sizeable pool but there IS NO WI-FI, only a telephone line in the rooms. (water and electric are extra)

I checked out a smaller room and viewed it to offer this review:

the rooms are located in narrow alleys. many of the doors have full metal grills for security, which either means they are for non-resident owners who want their propreties to be secure whilst they are away, or they have serious problems with crime there. I cannot confirm either only use previous experience in other condo blocks. It was very reminiscent of a tower block back home.

On entering the room, the room i viewed smelled fusty, the decor was old and dated and the curtains had stains all over them, the room had built in units all down one side and a TV, there was a desk for a computer, or office work, a bed and a basic kitchen area which included shelving, a sink unit and a microwave. Although from the smell I wouldnt have fancied eating in the room.

the bathroom was basic, a shower- wet room style, a sink and a toilet, all of which had seen better days.

all in all i would rate this accomodation as poor, but the location is what may attract people, also the use of the pool has its up-side, but i am not choosing to stay here, i think there are better condos available outside the central area.

knowledge is power my brothers!

From what you have said I doubt they look after the swimming pool very well either.

The price is a rip. I pay 17,000 for a 2 bedroom apartment on the 17th floor, 80 sq meters. With full amenities. Fully firnished as well.

I stayed in Center Condo for two months in Jan / Feb this year. The condo I was in was clean and resonably well appointed with decent furniture.

Rent was 15000 a month plus water & electric.

While I was there Rixkix was also a resident as was the manager of the FLB and one of the night managers of TQ2.

Didn't "Rixkix" have serious issues with this place and left in somewhat less than happy circumstances?? Also cannot recall name but another member who left this place due to theft and lack of security!

Edited by routeman

Yes, I did live there and leave suddenly. My condo was broken into, my laptop stolen and some other things of lesser importance. They are condo's, have various owners/managers, some better than others, mine was OK, 11th floor, had a decent view from the balcony. What really bothered me and caused me to leave in a hurry was the strong circumstantal evidence and suspicion that my break in was either by or with the support of the (thai) building management. The individual I was renting from manages several, and was fair with me on deposit refund (I got back half, giving them only 72 hours notice that I was leaving). He also told me that several of the owners had gotten together and hired a high powered private investigator to track down the issues. I had a parade through my condo by several police and others, including the hot shot PI. There were a couple of other owners/tenants following along and I learned then that mine was not the first, but one of many.

While I agree with Tomski's assessment, it does appear that the unit he saw was quite a bit worse than mine. I do know, have been inside some very nice units there. The building itself is in need of upgrading, and some efforts were underway when I made my hasty departure. It doesn't sound from Tomski's report that much progress has been made. It is a shame, the location is great.

Rick

A friend of mine was staying there, he had a lovely 2 bedroom place. I would have loved to stay there! He was paying about 17k a month I think. But from what I saw it was well worth that and more!

fair play to the comments so far,

i must stress that i did only look at a cheap charlie short term room there, and not a long stay privately owned condo, so there are more than likely variances.

it was only a quick review to get the ball rolling.

I've lived there for 7 years and I agree, it is an over-priced shithole - but it has the best location for amenities, especially if you're a WS fanatic. It's hard to put a price on that.

Be scene and not herd.

I have just looked at this place for a possible rental and have the following info for anyone interested.

the location is as central a you will get for w/s for a condo complex, just off pattaya thai road, opposite Tuckom, set back from the main road, with ample parking, the condo complex is possibly one of the oldest in patts and is looking its age.

from the main enterance, which is not security manned, there is a reception, which no-one was at when i visited and had to search for someone to discuss rentals with. there is a lift area from that which leads to the blocks, the lift is old and smelly and is a fair representation of what was to follow.

rooms are 7000bt a month for a small room, with sink and basic kitchen utilities ( no hob) and 12000bt for a larger room with bigger kitchen area (with hob). This includes use of the sizeable pool but there IS NO WI-FI, only a telephone line in the rooms. (water and electric are extra)

I checked out a smaller room and viewed it to offer this review:

the rooms are located in narrow alleys. many of the doors have full metal grills for security, which either means they are for non-resident owners who want their propreties to be secure whilst they are away, or they have serious problems with crime there. I cannot confirm either only use previous experience in other condo blocks. It was very reminiscent of a tower block back home.

On entering the room, the room i viewed smelled fusty, the decor was old and dated and the curtains had stains all over them, the room had built in units all down one side and a TV, there was a desk for a computer, or office work, a bed and a basic kitchen area which included shelving, a sink unit and a microwave. Although from the smell I wouldnt have fancied eating in the room.

the bathroom was basic, a shower- wet room style, a sink and a toilet, all of which had seen better days.

all in all i would rate this accomodation as poor, but the location is what may attract people, also the use of the pool has its up-side, but i am not choosing to stay here, i think there are better condos available outside the central area.

knowledge is power my brothers!

thanks for the insight mate

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>