IGNORED

iPhone 5 where can i buy?

matrim

next week i will be there. in Turkey iPhone 5 didnt release officially and some of my friend ask me buy in thailand do u have any advice?

Usually more expensive in LOS than back home. I'd go to HK to buy them. Air Asia or Tiger Airways flights are not that expensive.

They're on the 'grey' market in Bangkok. You can't buy them officially.

Honestly, I would wait. There are too many reports of 'scuffgate' right now with iPhones coming scratched out of the box, and by the time they get to Thailand in a month or two, the production process is likely to have been improved a bit. Also helps with warranties as well.

not officially released in LOS....

have a look in tuckom on pattaya tai anyway

you never know whats available in there :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I thought i saw them available in Tukcom the other day crazy price though 34,000 baht for 16gb.

I thought i saw them available in Tukcom the other day crazy price though 34,000 baht for 16gb.

That is a crazy price for a 16gb,i bought a brand new 32gb one this morning for €800!!,i think i need my head checked :)

That is a crazy price for a 16gb,i bought a brand new 32gb one this morning for €800!!,i think i need my head checked :)

I have buy my iPhones for years in TukCom. Always buy “factory unlocked” and It´s possible to switch your old iPhone, and pay the difference.

Don't ask what the Thai girl can do for you!

Ask yourself what you can do for the Thai girl! 

(Sent from my ashole, using crapatalk…)

I have buy my iPhones for years in TukCom. Always buy “factory unlocked” and It´s possible to switch your old iPhone, and pay the difference.

I bought mine from Apple so it comes unlocked,i also sold my 4s for €400.

i think really crazy price, but in Turkey 42000 bht and i never gave that much money for iphone.

official Apple price in Apple shop Thailand near two months

However you can buy everywhere but priced up

waiting is the best choice

I would not buy from Tukcom .If you go to the 3rd floor Central shopping mall .Two or three shop's sealed box's ,and guaranteed .I think they are shipped from Hong kong

They are for sale in Centre festival on Beach road, Tuk Com and many other shops (but not official Apple resellers). They are not officially imported into Thailand at the moment and the ones for sale are mostly brought in from Hong Kong & Singapore.

The prices are from about 34000 Baht & the highest i was asked was 36500 Baht for the 16gb.(Bangkok & Pattaya stores were similar prices)

When they go on sale here (they reckon from about December/ Jan) the 16gb will sell for about 25000baht.

Its definitely worth waiting and i would also be sceptical of any warranty issues if somebody spotted that you had bought the product in Thailand before its official import date..

LOS. Gotta Love It.

I would wait and buy from an official reseller. Two years ago I bought an iPhone 4 from the Apple store in Central for my girlfriend. A few months later she dropped it in the street and it got run over by a motorcycle. Basically it was trashed. By chance I took it back to the iPhone store to see if it could be salvaged. They sent it to Bangkok for repairs - 2 days later I got a call from Apple, cannot repair, but can replace with a new phone for 8,000 baht (22,000 original price) - OK - great deal !! New phone delivered the next day.

My friend bought his iPhone 4 from TukCom and the screen froze and would not work. The TukCom shop said one month to repair. He went to the official Apple store there and they said the phone came from Hong Kong, so they could not help, have to have the shop who sold it to you deal with the problem !!

price i saw in tukcom was 39,000 but i think that was witha thailand warranty which is pretty worthless for most people. so the 34-36 others have quoted is probably about right without warranty

Why not buy 2 samsung Galaxy S3's instead?

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Usually more expensive in LOS than back home. I'd go to HK to buy them. Air Asia or Tiger Airways flights are not that expensive.

That may be the case in Canada but not with the UK

The iphone 5 is not available yet on the Thailand Apple Store Website so I have done a comprasion with the ipad.

It is £100 / 5000 bht on the Thai offical site .

I would recommend waiting until the Apple Store Thailand have the phone available..the website states "coming soon"

Thats what I'm going to do

Anoher osevation.. whe I as looking for an ipad 2 last yarI did comprasions everywhere and the cheapest place I found the ipad was BKK duty-free but thats on the way out of LOS

Cheaper than London, Panama ,Peru, AMsterdam and Paris duty free

If you have to have it now, the best place is MBK in Bangkok. Go to the 4th floor where all the grey market iPhone shops are located. There are dozens of them. One of the most reliable and largest shops is Winners but they also charge the most money. IMO it is worth the extra money rather than take the risk at a less reputable shop to save a 2-3,000 Baht. Since you will be taking it back to Turkey with you, there is no chance to return a bad phone.

Edited by Red Galactic

I would wait and buy from an official reseller. Two years ago I bought an iPhone 4 from the Apple store in Central for my girlfriend. A few months later she dropped it in the street and it got run over by a motorcycle. Basically it was trashed. By chance I took it back to the iPhone store to see if it could be salvaged. They sent it to Bangkok for repairs - 2 days later I got a call from Apple, cannot repair, but can replace with a new phone for 8,000 baht (22,000 original price) - OK - great deal !! New phone delivered the next day.

My friend bought his iPhone 4 from TukCom and the screen froze and would not work. The TukCom shop said one month to repair. He went to the official Apple store there and they said the phone came from Hong Kong, so they could not help, have to have the shop who sold it to you deal with the problem !!

Is any phone bought at other than an official apple store backed by apple? Is there any problem getting warranty/work from apple in thailand if bought and shipped from apple website in hong kong, I've heard there're cheaper from there. Can hardly believe apple shipped a new phone at nominal charge to replace one obviously damaged by user. Really?

Edited by jcnbkk

Buy a Samsung S3...beats the shit out of any over rated, over priced phone from rip off apple.

You only have to compare any feature....Samsung is also available and cheaper. As low as 17999 baht in some locations.

next week i will be there. in Turkey iPhone 5 didnt release officially and some of my friend ask me buy in thailand do u have any advice?

dont buy in thailand, they are more expensive

Buy a Samsung S3...beats the shit out of any over rated, over priced phone from rip off apple.

You only have to compare any feature....Samsung is also available and cheaper. As low as 17999 baht in some locations.

iPhone is a lifestyle...

iPhone is a Rolls Royce, Samsung is a trabant...

By the way It's off topic! This thread is about where to buy a Iphone 5, and not about fucking android-shit!

iPhone rules!!

:CatDance1: :CatDance1: :CatDance1:

Edited by alonen

Don't ask what the Thai girl can do for you!

Ask yourself what you can do for the Thai girl! 

(Sent from my ashole, using crapatalk…)

dont buy in thailand, they are more expensive

Actually if you buy from an official apple store in Bangkok it works out cheaper as less VAT.

• 2 weeks later...

iPhone is a lifestyle...

iPhone is a Rolls Royce, Samsung is a trabant...

By the way It's off topic! This thread is about where to buy a Iphone 5, and not about fucking android-shit!

iPhone rules!!

:CatDance1: :CatDance1: :CatDance1:

Alright! That was some funny sh*t. To each his own, but I've gone Apple, just like we've all gone asian, and I won't be going back. Still wondering, anyone shipped a new iPHONE in from an OFFICIAL apple website in Hong Kong or Singapore?