IGNORED

Argyle Apartments

jpp

Damn , looks really nice , wonder if they are guest friendly ?

• 3 weeks later...

:Crossfingers:

That looks a great place to stay, please let us know how you get on?

Wouldn't mind staying there myself!

:22600584-Th:

I have stayed there & the accomodation is very good, the staff are excellent & the pool is great.

They are guest friendly but it does cause is a big problem.

There is no supervision at night, so all you can hear is TGs & Farangs arguing up & down the stairs & lobbies.

The lack of supervision means it can be like the Wild West in the early hours, & as there are a lot of long term residents it causes obvious problems.

Its a bit hit & miss really....all depends on whos staying there when you are there.

:Crossfingers:

Thanks slightly, it's good to know the accommodation is good, hopefully we won't have any problems at night.

• 6 months later...

Any recent updates if they have 24hr Security yet or not?

Might try the place in Sept and I will give a review of my stay.

Peace...King Cobra.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

• 2 months later...

Just got back from Pattaya last week after staying at the Argyle Apartments. Very impressed with this place, we had the penthouse apartment which had three bedrooms. Only 1 of the rooms had en suite but the other bedroom had a bathroom right next to it. The 3rd bathroom was on the ground floor. One of the bedrooms is upstairs & smaller than the others but does have access to the balcony for some alfresco boom boom. The balcony is quite large and is good for a few drinks as the sun goes down.

The staff are very helpful and friendly and the rooms were cleaned everyday. The only problems we had were the day we got there they were emptying the pool so they could re-tile it. They did offer use of another pool in some apartments 50 yards up the road. They said it would take 5 days but they were still working on it when we left after 10 days (thai time). It did look almost complete when we left. There was some building work at the apartments next door which did cause some loss of sleep. They would normally do all the noisy work between 9 & 10am then it quietened down after then. The work looks like it will be finished in the next few months but you may want to ask if you are booking for a stay before Feb 08.

Apartment_2.jpg

Apartment_3.jpg

Apartment_4.jpg

Apartment_5.jpg

The empty swimming pool

Jotiem_Empty_Swimming_Pool.jpg

Views from balcony

Sunset_from_Balcony.jpg

View_from_Balcony_2.jpg

Sorry but forgot to take any photos of the bedrooms and bathrooms but there are some images on the Argyle website.

There is a family mart 100 yards up the road for supplies of Tiger etc. Plenty of Bhat Buses passing all the time so easy to get to Walking Street & Jotiem beach. The gate downstairs is locked overnight and there is always staff on hand. If you need help in bring supplies back from the Family Mart just ask if they can take the motorcycle with side cart up to the shop and they'll even help you carry the bags upstairs and unpack. They are guest friendly and we had no problems with any of the neighbors. It didn't seem at full occupancy and as long as you aren't acting the arse when you get back you should have no problems.

I'm planning on going back in April for Songkran and will be using these apartments again.

• 5 months later...

Yes the work was still going on, not as noisy as last time but I did stay in a different room this time. Stayed in a two bedroom studio which was still really nice. The pool was finished so could use it this time. I would ask if the work has been finished if you are booking up to stay anytime in the next 6 months.

If the work is finished I would use these apartments again. There's a hotel over the road called Tara hotel with a really nice bar (the manageress is gorgeous) and the food was really nice. Great place to start the night while waiting for friends or ladies to turn up.

• 1 year later...

I will be staying at Argyle Apartments for a couple of weeks beginning next Sunday. I have stayed there many times over the last few years.

I expect a very different scene given that Kinnaree, Elephant Bar and other local landmarks have disappeared.

It is indeed a nice area to be ensconced and you are only 5 or 10 minutes away from downtown Pattaya or Jomtien.