IGNORED

Dream Hotel

mercutio

Booking here in early feb for 4 days.(i think)

Was just wondering if anybody can settle my mind with some recent reports?

Ive ussually stayed at the landmark,but this place looks chic as shite,so i thought i would give it a go.

Now i take it that with its location that it is G/F.....and as for theese lights under the bed?...sexy or corny?

And if possible a decent description of the deluxe and dream suites...cant decide if the extra money would be better spent at Cowboy.

Hope sombody can lay my mind to rest....Mercutio

Booking here in early feb for 4 days.(i think)

Was just wondering if anybody can settle my mind with some recent reports?

Ive ussually stayed at the landmark,but this place looks chic as shite,so i thought i would give it a go.

Now i take it that with its location that it is G/F.....and as for theese lights under the bed?...sexy or corny?

And if possible a decent description of the deluxe and dream suites...cant decide if the extra money would be better spent at Cowboy.

Hope sombody can lay my mind to rest....Mercutio

I've stayed at Dream hotel twice in the past 4 months. It is definitely a treat. It's a boutique hotel and you will be well-treated. I've only stayed in the suites. Thais are more impressed by the statues in the living room, than they are by the blue lights (which are in the living room, in the bedroom, and under the bed). The hotel has two excellent restaurants, and is well-located. If you have any money limitations at all, spend your money in Nana, Soi Cowboy and the two Beer Gardens. This hotel is for persons who want to spend their holiday in a European-style 5 star hotel. Personally, I love the 40 inch LCD TV in the bedroom w/ DVD player. I don't much like going out during the day in Bangkok and it keeps me occupied during the day. :LMAO1:

169534-4861.jpg

169534-4862.jpg

169534-4863.jpg

You might also want to check out a brand new hotel, opening very soon, which is just like Dream. It's called, ironically, "Chic".

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Thanks Zapho...i'm only gonna stay here for 4 nights before i head up to Patt's,so i thought i might splash out on the Dream suite.

Like yourself i'm more of a night person in LOS(whilst in Banger's anyway) ,so this sounds ideal.

Call me silly if you like,but ive always found that the more upmarket the setting the better the performance from the gal.....maybe they smell more money possibilities from a ATM staying at a 5* than a budget charlie place(god i hope that doesnt offend anybody!)....Mercutio

Sitting here right now with the Executive Chef that opened the joint pissing ourselves with laughter at the state of the food in that photo. Gaawd almighty you can get better grub than that in the staff canteens at the airport. He has moved on now, taken the Head Chef and the 2nd Chef with him. The GM has gone, as has the F&B guy all replaced by people with about as much experience as a virgin bride has on her wedding night. Good place if you are looking for 3 star service but dont expect 5 star these days. And yes do stay in at least a suite cause the superior rooms are tiny.

You know it makes sense...

Yeh gotta admit Hagler that the food pics didnt fill me full of confidence in the kitchen.(god even the pyramid of rice is messy!!...lol)

But personally ive always been a coffee and toast guy before 6pm,and after that ive always enjoyed the street vendors...just spot where the girls are eating and its probably top nosh!....i love the human circus that goes by as i eat too.

Gonna book the dream suite i think,thou would love to hear a comparison between it and a deluxe suite...extra baht well spent???....Mercutio

Sitting here right now with the Executive Chef that opened the joint pissing ourselves with laughter at the state of the food in that photo. Gaawd almighty you can get better grub than that in the staff canteens at the airport. He has moved on now, taken the Head Chef and the 2nd Chef with him. The GM has gone, as has the F&B guy all replaced by people with about as much experience as a virgin bride has on her wedding night. Good place if you are looking for 3 star service but dont expect 5 star these days. And yes do stay in at least a suite cause the superior rooms are tiny.

Very doubtful Hagler. Look up a review of Flava and tell me you're with the "Executive Chef." Have you ever even been to Thailand? I doubt you know the first thing about running a restaurant. BTW - this was served at 3:30 a.m. I can tell you the food is adequate when you're caved in with a TG. It amazes me to read from all the BM's who have never even been to LOS, yet, feel free to criticize everything.

169786-4820.jpg

And, here's a pic taken at the Dream Hotel's Flava restaurant:

169786-4821.jpg

P.S. The Tropicana is a dump, only a loser would stay there. Have a great first trip to LOS, if you ever make it.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Hey Zapho...that little dish in the top pic is somthing i could tuck into!!

But in all seriousness i wasnt fazed by the food pics in the top reply....looked quite edible.

And quite honestly ive always enjoyed eating the local food over hotel cuisine anyday no matter where i go,be it Kebabs in London..Hotdogs and Deli's in New York...Fish and chips and a kilo of prawns in Aus, or Grasshoppers in Bangkok!!...All part of the reason i travel...Mercutio

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

Has anyone stayed in a Deluxe Room and possibly has some pictures? Found a great deal in August for Dream. 3537 THB for a Deluxe Room...

It's a 3 way split between Town Lodge (Jacuzzi Suite), Aspen Suites, Dream can't decide.......

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Believe me you won't be sorry staying at the Dream. I've been there twice in the past year "each time for a week" and it's top rate 5 star service. The staff is top notch and really friendly. they go out of their way to answer your questions and assist in any way possible to be sure your happy. The Flav Resturant is really good "managed by a chap from Switzerland who's been there since it opened. Waitresses are friendly and very attentive, and the food is great. "Breakfast comes along with the room." I wouldn't stay any other place. By the way the food picture is a fake. Flav uses white tablecloths on their tables and wouldn't even think of setting a table like that. The rooms are very nice and spacious so all I can say is try them out and I don't think you'll be sorry. Also they are girl friendly.

Edited by dtyolmn

• 1 year later...

Stayed in the Dream on my last trip i was impressed by it. Room was nice , ok bathroom, big bed and very comfy! Love the mood lighting its cool and girls seem to like it too! Room is a bit on the small side but no big deal really has TV with DVD. Rooftop pool also good. Included breakfast is excellent full range of good food. Booked on agoda paid 2000/night...

IMG_6164_resize.jpg

IMG_6163_resize.jpg

IMG_5843_resize.jpg

IMG_5832_resize.jpg