IGNORED

Bahrain Stopover

paranoidandroid123

I travelled with Gulf Air from Heathrow to Bangkok via Bahrain. I have no complaints with the airline, continually bringing out food and drinks etc; organising food in Bahrain. The overall cost was cheap too, meaning extra spending money for Pattaya. But the six hour stopover on the way to Bangkok and the seven on the return journey, was an absolute nightmare. The airport has virtually nothing to pass the time and was a constant bore. Next time I will definitely be looking closer at the stopover times or book the EVA option of a direct flight.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go out of the airport make sure you pay 2 BD FOR A 24 HR Visa at the imigration desk theres another place withe Thai ladys at the Gulf gate hotel, or if you just want a drink theres the movenpick hotel near the aiport