Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

Sign in to follow this  
The Serpent

HCMC "Hot Tocs"

The Serpent

Hi Lads

Has anyone come across any kind of list of the "Hot Tocs" in HCMC across any of the threads

The two I have managed to glean from the threads, but as I've seen discussed, there are many many more but names are not mentioned are:

"My Tien” a Hot Toc on 90 Dien Bien Phu

“Benny a Hot” Toc on 110 Dien Bien Phu

EarlyBird

Serpent,

That's all you need to get started. They are both a great time for a quick stop. A must stop for me when I'm in HCMC.

NPK st. in D1 has several also. I have only been there once (84 NPK). It was fantastic with similar pricing, or maybe a Touch higher than Benny's. In my mind, they're all a good deal and very fun places to take the edge off.

I know that on my next trip, I will take the advice I've read about getting down to D7, where there are many Hot Tocs. It appears to be a very short cab or xe om ride down there.

Good luck to you

The Serpent

Thanks Earlybird

I going to HCMC for 4 days and I didn't want to do the same place twice, that's why I started the thread to find other options

Sounds like D7 is the place to go for Hot Tocs

Btw, what's a fair price to get to D7 from D1 with a cab???

EarlyBird

Getting around is very inexpensive, maybe 40k vnd. I always carry a small notebook in my pocket to write down an address or crossroads and to what district I'm going and hand it to the driver. And a business card of my hotel, to eventually get me back to home base.

shearer68

Lots of Hot Tocs on Le Van Luong and Nguyen Thi Thap in District 7 ,Near Lottemart.You may need a bit of the lingo. Only know from reputation from mates as a bit too close to home for me!Probably around 60,000 VND in cab from D1.

The Serpent
And a business card of my hotel

Actually, I do the same Earlybird

Thanks for your advise shearer68 & Earlybird, sounds like around $50K should be the right price to get me to D7

Seedy

Excuse mjy ignorance but what is a 'hot toc' ?

rubbersock

Hot toc = hair cut in vietnamese, these barbers/saloons give u extra services, not all mind u, some are legit barbers with really hot girls working.

Seedy

Hot toc = hair cut in vietnamese, these barbers/saloons give u extra services, not all mind u, some are legit barbers with really hot girls working.

Thanks

wackyjacky

If a moto takes you there, he'll get a commission. Have him drop you nearby.

Doodie

I don't know much about the places in dist 7 as I have only been there once. The places I went to were coffee shops, not hair cut places. There are FS massage places as well in the area.