IGNORED

Protein drinks

iceman

Hi guys. where do you buy the proteindrinks,creatine and other supplements in pattaya.are there any bars in patt. who specialice in this.

Hi guys. where do you buy the proteindrinks,creatine and other supplements in pattaya.are there any bars in patt. who specialice in this.

Go to Tonys Gym, they have a shop there.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Try and do some research though before buying because there are protein drinks and protein drinks, ie some of it is 10x better.

If you want to buy from a gym try and talk to a local farang and NOT a thai for some advice.

Edited by RedRackam

i know there are GNC in bkk. i dont know about patt.. but if there is then of course they would have the protein you are looking for.. plus all of the other subs... but i know for sure that they dont/wont have alot of variety.( well at least not the last time i went)...

good luck on planing your lifting days.. im trying to figure that out too. after the drinking and hangovers.. lol.. again good luck..

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Take as much protein powder as you can with you.

Protein powder is expensive in Pattaya at least compared to prices in the UK. If you have to buy some in Pattaya then there is a shop beside Tonys Gym that will sell it. Popular brands there include one called Pro Plus. Looks good quality whey protein but expensive for the amount you get.

I read somewhere about the Thai FDA not approving many foreign whey protein powders. So only ones that the Thai FDA have approved can be sold. Which makes them a lot more expensive.

Maybe a substitute is to just eat a lot of tose thai chicken kebabs on the street. eat at least 10 a day, or maybe even the heart ones as I think they're even better for protein content. Watch those green chillies at the end though because they can blow your mouth open.

Fair comment RedRackam. With food being so cheap its hard to justify paying so much for protein powder. OK the powders are convenient.

I found a couple of vendors on soi buakhaow who sold barbecued whole chickens. Chopped up in front of you to take away with some spicy sauce. Tastes great and a good portion of protein in there.

Edit- the barbecued chicken was 100 or 120 baht, can't remember exactly.

Edited by dumper

Its true what RedRackam and Dumper suggest-the proteins in whole foods such as chicken breast, fish, eggs,etc are more effective than powders.

I have seen the proplus protein there too-cheaper to buy it in bangkok. Also, they sell shakes at the gym by the glass too.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Do the sell Muscle Milk there?

You have any memory of the prices they have?

They sell steroids also?

• 1 year later...

The PROFLEX whey++ of 700g is sold +/- 1.400THB in pharmacies while I know a gym in BKK selling the same at 900THB.

If anyone interested, PM me.

I do not want to do promotion here.

STEKFLIT restaurant

http://www.stekflit.com

As noted by others, there are only a few (and expensive) supplements available.

The "fresh" food approach is the best.

If you are in a serviced apartment then you will be able to buy chicken breasts and fish fillets to cook up at home. Otherwise half or whole barbecued chickens.

You can get barbecued at most of the supermarkets like Tesco Lotus, Carefour, Big C, etc as well as the other places mentioned elsewhere.

BEWARE of under cooked chicken. Thais seem to like it that way and give you the "dumb farung" look when you complain. Mostly a problem at the supermarkets. Tell the staff at the counter "SOOK" - Means properly cooked. Get them to open up the leg to chest joint and look to see if its cooked.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

As noted by others, there are only a few (and expensive) supplements available.

The "fresh" food approach is the best.

No one ever disputed that idea. It's common sense.

However, a mixer, some milk, some protein and some red frozen fruits: it takes 30 seconds and of you go!

Living on protein powder, day by day, would be as stupid as saying it is useless.

How boring would it be...

STEKFLIT restaurant

Honestly I don't trust any pre-packaged protein powder. Whey prices have gone through the roof in the last year and there is just too much money to be made by substituting lower grades or other kinds of protein. Every company orders their whey though the same three suppliers, the only way they can get an edge in a crowded market is by cutting it with cheaper ingredients. Time and again when protein drinks get tested they are shown not to contain what they claim.

You mark a point: How to trust a product Made in Thailand, the paradise of fake & copy ?!

I'd rather get some from US or GB where controls are done, but here? :)

STEKFLIT restaurant

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey katandmilo-do you find it's cheaper buying online via trueprotein.com than buying in thailand?....i've only just satarted getting into weight traning and am looking into buying some whey protien...if it works out a lot cheaper maybe i'll do the same as you?...how much online vs buying in thailand?

cheers

thanks for the advice....and the link-it even tells me what food to eat.just the kind of starting advice i need...all i need now is the discipline... ha ha ha(sadly that's the one thing i can't get any help with-just gotta focus)

F**k that place next to Tony's (no offense, Brother) they are way over priced on everything from Creatine to those dumb ass hats "imported" from Denmark or wherever.

Across from the front entrance to California WOW there's a small cart called Bodyform, or something like that. Real Creatine and 1/2 what Tony the gangster charges, same with the Whey Protein. 950 baht for Creatine last I checked and not Made in Thailand so you know you are getting the real deal not flour and cornstarch.

C

If you are just starting look into the 20 rep squat program, it's 50 years old but it's simple, tried and true and will put mass on faster than anything else around.

http://www.ironworkout.com/20_rep_squat.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm

I got my first 20 lbs in 3 months this way when I was 16.

Oh yeah, and less powder means less gas- the missus really appreciates that. :Fuck_Knows:

I'll have to try this 20 rep squat program. Over time I've grown to appreciate the true mass builders like squats, deads, bench press.

I remember when I was a kid, I'd follow those retarded routines you'd find in the magazines. The kind with 20 gazillion sets and many retarded isolation exercises rather than core exercises lol

Also the 20 reps must be a lot friendlier for the joints.

I bring mine with me. I can only buy it here. I even got my Thai girlfriend to take it. I found it to be the best supplement for a comprehensive health maintenance.

• 1 month later...

"people always want to make bodybuilding complicated..."

But it is!!! It is complicated!!! How many reps and sets, and what weight, and can I work the same muscle group twice per week or is once enough? Should I stay away from free weights totally to prevent injury, or stay away from machines to build mass? Why do my joints always hurt? Should I do cardio before or after? Is it true that there are no vegetarian bodybuilders? Is a little HGH good for me?

Everyone you talk to will have a different opinion on what to do when it comes to bodybuilding, from taking supplements, how much to train, when to train, what to eat/what not to eat etc etc. I stopped worry about that stuff and just stuck to the basics of lots of good food, lots of sleep and balanced training + a protein shake post workout and before bed with milk.

I used to be so into bodybuilding, 6ft and 93kg 6-pack lean and all natural, funny how I always wanted the body beautiful and when I got it I kinda wanted to just look normal again and not have people think I was some kind of narcissist. Ah well, 6 foot and 87kg leanish now aint bad for someone who now does the odd workout here and there I suppose.

Milo - you look massive, are you american?