Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Grand Hotel (Walking Street, soi 14)

boswell

Hi all,

Last February, I spent 6 nights at the Grand hotel in Walking Street.

Although I found the rooms very nice and not so expensive, I have never seen any report about it in this forum, which looks strange to me because it's right in Walking Street.

Am I missing something?

The staff was friendly, until I brought a girl in. After that, they were more "distant", but still ok.

Since I am planning to spend again some nights in this hotel, do you have any (good or bad) comments about it?

Thanks

Hi all,

Last February, I spent 6 nights at the Grand Hotel in Walking Street.

Although I found the rooms very nice and not so expensive, I have never seen any report about it in this forum, which looks strange to me because it's right in Walking Street.

Am I missing something?

The staff was friendly, until I brought a girl in. After that, they were more "distant", but still ok.

Since I am planning to spend again some nights in this hotel, do you have any (good or bad) comments about it?

Thanks

I stayed there most of September last year and about three weeks in November, too.

That has to be one of the MOST girl friendly hotels in Pattaya.

I brought in girls all the time, sometimes two at a time.

No problem at all.

I would get a seaview deluxe room, on the ninth floor, king bed.

Pay for double, I think it's still same same.

The staff were always friendly with me, but I'm friendly with them first. :Party1:

If there's ever any problem, look at them and say, "Mai Pen Rai" or in Pattaya, "Mai Pen Lai".

Usually the smile comes back right away. :)

Also, before I left the first time, I gave some of the regular staff as well as the ladies that took care of the room, a little extra.

They remembered me the next time when I needed help with something.

The brochures haven't been changed in a while as there is no pool on the roof.

But it's right next to Walking Street.

And you don't have to walk through alleys to get there.

Edited by noquit

I always stay at Diamond Beach hotel so cant help either

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

Does Grand hotel have a website? I googled it and it didn't come up with one. How much are the rooms? Contact email?

Thanks

Edited by vboy

Hi all,

Last February, I spent 6 nights at the Grand Hotel in Walking Street.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

You stayed there,and your asking for reviews?

Ned

Does Grand Hotel have a website? I googled it and it didn't come up with one. How much are the rooms? Contact email?

Thanks

Here is one of the sites, but find another one to book.

GRAND hotel - LINK

Here is one of the sites, but find another one to book.

GRAND HOTEL - LINK

Perhaps it was just bad timing. Maybe the particular staff you dealt with were having a bad day. I can't see how they would treat guests that way all the time considering it's not an unusual thing to bring girls to your room.

noquit : thanks for you comments, I will try to find another site to book it

Ned Kelly : yes, but I wanted another opinion. It confirmed mine, and I will stay there again next year.

waleja : don't get me wrong, as I said the staff was just a little "distant", nothing bad.

vboy : After posting here, I found an old review (from 2001) here : http://www.geocities.com/bkk99net/grandhotel.htm The rooms look better in reality than on the pics (I had a deluxe room).

Thanks all.

Also about the Grand hotel, on the 9th floor, there are electronic safes in the rooms; and I had been in several checking in and out on both trips.

Lower floors may not have them.

Make sure you get what you want.

Important thing!

Don't use the laundry from the hotel.

Go right across the street a little to the left on same side as Secrets, but right before, there is a little laundry much less than hotel will charge, and if you need it sooner, ask and TIP. Most of the time, they can oblige.

Also, in the hotel restaurant, there are two computers for the guests of the hotel to use free.

Right across the Soi from the hotel is an internet shop.

Use a phone service other than in hotel too.

Now that I finally thought of these things I hope it helps.

• 7 months later...

i stayed there on my last trip , but i didnt realy liked it .

it has a good location and the rooms arent that bad for the money (900bth , inc breakfast)

but the staff wasent friendly at all .

cheers