Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Learn thai

To start with, I have just stuided for a couple of weeks so please correct me if im wrong, and help add more words and tips.

If you want to be polite as a man you end with khrap, woman end with ka.

I have also noticed that if you want to ask a question you almost always end with Mai and if something is bad you put it before the word you want to make bad.

Single words

Sawatdee = Hello

Mai = No

Chai = Yes

Khapkhun = Thank you

pompoi = Fat

Nit noi = A little bit

Lek = Little, Small

Gai = Chicken

Dee = Good

Mai dee = Not good

Mao = Drunk

Phom = I (only men)

Chun = I (men and women)

Dichun = I (only women)

Rian = Learn

Aroi = Good (only food)

Pee = Years old

Sentences

Sa bai dee mai = How are you?

Sa bai dee = Good

Sa bai mai dee = Not good

Laew khon lah = And you?

Aroi mak mai = Good or bad food?

Aroi mak mak = Good food

Kang mak = Very good

Kin kaow yang = Have you eaten?

Khao jai = Understand

Mai khao jai = Dont understand

Khao jai mai = Do you understand?

Yin dee = You welcome

Phom mao nit noi = Im a little bit drunk

Phom rian thai nit noi = I learn thai a little bit

Phom pompoi = Im fat

Gai aroi nit noi = Chicken a little bit good

Gai lek aroi = Little chicken good

Ye zip jet pee = 27 years old

Pai nai = Where are you going?

Pai di kwa = It's better we/I go now

Pang mak mak = Too much

Conversation

JKL - Sawatdeekhrap

BM - Sawatdeeka

JKL - Sa bai dee mai khrap

BM - Sa bai dee, laew khon lah ka

JKL - Phom Sa bai mai dee nit noi

Counting in thai

Ok, counting in thai is easy, if you want to say 10, you just add Sip behind the nubmer, and if you want to say 100, you add the word loy behind the number. For 1000 add Pan.

Sorry to say but i dont remember all the numbers, please help me out and I add em.

With the numbers there is another exception that forgot to mention. He stated that was neung however in the number 21 the 1 is said as et. Therefore 21 is yee sip et and 31 saam sip et ect..

Thanks to scumbag for pointing this out.

Neung = 1

Zhong = 2

Saam = 3

Ha = 5

Jet = 7

sip = 10

Examples

Neung loy = 100

Neung loy ha sip = 150

Neung loy ha sip yet = 157

Nueng loy ha sip et = 151 (This is a exception, where the word change from Nueng to et)

Yee sip = 20 (This is a exception, where the word change from Zhong to Yee)

Zhong loy = 200

Zhong loy jet sip = 270

Zhong loy yee sip saam = 223

Zhong loy yee sip et = 221

Neung pan baht = 1000 baht

Zhong pan baht = 2000 baht

Gee baht = How much? (Just point at the stuff you want and say Gee baht)

Days of the week

Wan - Day

Wan ar-tid - Sunday

Wan jan - Monday

Wan ang-kaan - Tuesday

Wan put - Wednesday

Wan pa-rue-had (sa-ba-dee) - Thursday

Wan suk - Friday

Wan ao - Saturday

Months of the year

Bpee = Year

kom - used with months with 31 days

yon - used with months with 30 days

pan - used for February only

Ma ga raa kom - January

Gum paa pan - February

Mee naa kom - March

May saa yon - April

Prue sa paa kom - May

Mi tu naa yon - June

Ga ra ga daa kom - July

Sing haa kom - August

Gan yaa yon - September

Dtu laa kom - October

Prue sa ji gaa yon - November

Tan waa kom - December

Ok this will get us started. Please add more words and fill in the numbers and make corrections, also good if you make a conversation example with the new word. Thanks!

Regards

JKL

Edited by JKL

I have a few questions.

How I ask a girl if she wants it up the ass?

How can i ask a girl to stick something up my arse. (i dont want to tell you what it is, so i can point out the chair leg by myself)

How can i ask a bar lady if she fucks on first date?

I think all these phrases should be learnt first for all of us. Before sawatdee bollocks.

the resident pervert has landed and now the Ugly sex monster is ready to shag little cute asian birds

I have a few questions.

How I ask a girl if she wants it up the ass?

How can i ask a girl to stick something up my arse. (i dont want to tell you what it is, so i can point out the chair leg by myself)

How can i ask a bar lady if she fucks on first date?

I think all these phrases should be learnt first for all of us. Before sawatdee bollocks.

answer to one: You let me fuck your bum?

answer two: draw a picture.

answer three: show her 1000 baht, and say give you at breakfast.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

I have studied a little Thai and I don't find it easy at all. I think that because it is a tonal language we find it difficult. The OP mentioned a couple of uses for the word mai. In both the situations he described the tone is different. In the question form at the end of the sentence it is a rising tone. As a negative mai is said with a falling tone. Even if you get the word right a Thai may have difficulty understanding you if the tone is not correct.

With the numbers there is another exception that JKL forgot to mention. He stated that 1 was neung however in the number 21 the 1 is said as et. Therefore 21 is yee sip et and 31 saam sip et ect..

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

II have studied a little Thai and I don't find it easy at all. I think that because it is a tonal language we find it difficult. The OP mentioned a couple of uses for the word mai. In both the situations he described the tone is different. In the question form at the end of the sentence it is a rising tone. As a negative mai is said with a falling tone. Even if you get the word right a Thai may have difficulty understanding you if the tone is not correct.

With the numbers there is another exception that JKL forgot to mention. He stated that 1 was neung however in the number 21 the 1 is said as et. Therefore 21 is yee sip et and 31 saam sip et ect..

Yeah your right. And tonal laguages like Thai and chinese are very difficult. Im Hispanic and speak spanish fluently the vowel system is the same so its easy to adapt, like for korean or tagalog or japanese. not that I speak either very well. lol

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

I have studied a little Thai and I don't find it easy at all. I think that because it is a tonal language we find it difficult. The OP mentioned a couple of uses for the word mai. In both the situations he described the tone is different. In the question form at the end of the sentence it is a rising tone. As a negative mai is said with a falling tone. Even if you get the word right a Thai may have difficulty understanding you if the tone is not correct.

I agree its not a easy language to prounance, but none the less i think they grasp the meaning of what we trying to say even tho we talk it bad, or atleast is seems so for me. thanks for pointing out that about et, forgot it. just wrote all of this from memory.

i just shout "yet mer" in the morning. They hit me and run off crying, Boy that turns me on

the resident pervert has landed and now the Ugly sex monster is ready to shag little cute asian birds

ive tried to studying the basics and it is down right hard. Spanish came pretty easy, I just wish Thai was possible to learn, it seems impossible. Most of the words i have no clue even how to pronouce these words and theres 5 different ways. O well, i have no clue what point im trying to make besides this language is freakin hard as hell

Www.learnkhmernow.com

http://www.thai-language.com they have a thai guy saying the words. still hard to immitate them right though.

This might help to. http://www.pattayaaddicts.com/forums/index...?showtopic=1020

Edited by manggaawn

It's perfect !

Just two corrections.

Gai nit noi aroi = Little chicken good should be gai lek aroi.

nit noi means - a little bit.

little (small) is - lek

numbers

also 10 is just sip, not nung sip.

and if you want to say 21 it is ye sip et, not ye sip nung, same for 31 (sam sip et)and so on, dont ask me why.

cant be arsed to explain the rest it would take to long.

here are some important numbers you may like

nung pan baht = 1000 baht

song pan baht = 2000 baht

anymore than that and you are giving them too much :D

If they say a crazy price then tell them, pang mak mak, which literaly translated means expensive too much. or fuck of do you think I am stupid :Ignore1:

i just shout "yet mer" in the morning. They hit me and run off crying, Boy that turns me on

you bad boy. I wont tell everyone what the translation is, but it involves a sexual act with your mother.

A few short ones that also are useful :

Pai nai ? > where are you going ?

Pai di kwa ! > It's better we/I go now

Kho ( bia Sing khuod neung / nahm som ) > I would like ( a bottle of Singha beer / orange juice )

I stopped making NY's resolutions

A few short ones that also are useful :

Pai nai ? > where are you going ?

Pai di kwa ! > It's better we/I go now

Kho ( bia Sing khuod neung / nahm som ) > I would like ( a bottle of Singha beer / orange juice )

If im remember correctly you can just say Chang Khrap, or Sing Khrap?

Just two corrections.

Gai nit noi aroi = Little chicken good should be gai lek aroi.

nit noi means - a little bit.

little (small) is - lek

numbers

also 10 is just sip, not nung sip.

and if you want to say 21 it is ye sip et, not ye sip nung, same for 31 (sam sip et)and so on, dont ask me why.

cant be arsed to explain the rest it would take to long.

here are some important numbers you may like

nung pan baht = 1000 baht

song pan baht = 2000 baht

anymore than that and you are giving them too much :Hello:

If they say a crazy price then tell them, pang mak mak, which literaly translated means expensive too much. or fuck of do you think I am stupid :)

you bad boy. I wont tell everyone what the translation is, but it involves a sexual act with your mother.

Thanks alot, I have added the changes to the first post.

I know about 50 to 100 words of thai.

Most picked up in bars chatting with the girls.

I was wondering if there are any thai lessons that i can go to when i am in pattaya. Does anyone know where to go?

If im remember correctly you can just say ... Sing Khrap?

Of course : you would be saying 'a Singha please' . (or a Chang)

But the girl will be more impressed if you use more than just 2 words ... :Hello:

Of course : you would be saying 'a Singha please' . (or a Chang)

But the girl will be more impressed if you use more than just 2 words ... :Hello:

Or she will start talking to her friends about you less when you are there, being afraid that you know even more than you are letting on!

Or she will start talking to her friends about you less when you are there, being afraid that you know even more than you are letting on!

haha, that is so true, even one of the girls i was with told me that they dont like it when a falang understands thai.

True !

Only one problem , she may start a conversation in Thai , and then one can only answer " phom phut Thai nit noi , khun phut anglit khrab ... " ! A bit of a let-down . So maybe better stick to 'sing khrab' ... :)

And then we sometimes laugh with the English of the BG's , but IMHO it's mostly MUCH better than OUR understanding of Thai ! :Hello:

:08:

I know about 50 to 100 words of thai.

Most picked up in bars chatting with the girls.

I was wondering if there are any thai lessons that i can go to when i am in pattaya. Does anyone know where to go?

I will be going for lessons again this holiday. I might skip the first week because of all the drinking- against the docs orders. I forgot the name of the last place i went to. But PM me when its near your time and i'll tell you where to go. Its about 350 baht an hour for private lessons. I will get some lessons uploaded at some point. Everything is on hold for the server change at the mo.

Days of the week

wan - day

Wan ar-tid - Sunday

Wan jan - Monday

Wan ang-kaan - Tuesday

Wan put - Wednesday

Wan pa-rue-had (sa-ba-dee) - Thursday

Wan suk - Friday

Wan ao - Saturday

Months of the year

bpee - year

kom - used with months with 31 days

yon - used with months with 30 days

pan - used for February only

Ma ga raa kom - January

Gum paa pan - February

Mee naa kom - March

May saa yon - April

Prue sa paa kom - May

Mi tu naa yon - June

Ga ra ga daa kom - July

Sing haa kom - August

Gan yaa yon - September

Dtu laa kom - October

Prue sa ji gaa yon - November

Tan waa kom - December

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Another thing is nearly all thais do not pronounce "r" so Khrap is just Kaap, and aroi is aloi and so on.

also asking for a beer it is fine to say - ow chang kaap.

or if you want 2 then - ow chang song kaap

I was reading one of Sexy Beasts trip threads and noticed that he "waied" the customs official.

Is there words exchnged when you do this or is it all actions?

If so what do you do?

I was reading one of Sexy Beasts trip threads and noticed that he "waied" the customs official.

Is there words exchnged when you do this or is it all actions?

If so what do you do?

I said sawadee krap, which brought a nice smile! :Chokdee:

She then talked to in Thai & was shocked that I could speak a bit, it really broke the ice on her early morning shift!

I said sawadee krap, which brought a nice smile! :Chokdee:

She then talked to in Thai & was shocked that I could speak a bit, it really broke the ice on her early morning shift!

Did she do a body search ? :Hug1:

Edited by jawadde