Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

GPS map of Pattaya for nokia phones

shadscat

I have the nokia 6111 navigator and the current thai maps only go as far as the new airport, does anyone have a map that covers pattaya as well.

The staff at the shop I purchased it at said I could download one for $8 but the link they give me was dead.

• 3 weeks later...
I have the nokia 6111 navigator and the current thai maps only go as far as the new airport, does anyone have a map that covers pattaya as well.

The staff at the shop I purchased it at said I could download one for $8 but the link they give me was dead.

It depends on which navigation software you are using on your phone. If you are using "Nokia Maps" you can download the map of Thailand (very good) from their website for free. You should also be able to download the map in segments as you need it through your mobiles GPRS internet connection automatically. This is convenient but you will have to pay for the data downloaded.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

It depends on which navigation software you are using on your phone. If you are using "Nokia Maps" you can download the map of Thailand (very good) from their website for free. You should also be able to download the map in segments as you need it through your mobiles GPRS internet connection automatically. This is convenient but you will have to pay for the data downloaded.

I'm using the default software that u start using the navigator key, and the only map it seems to have is bangkok, once u go past the new airport it goes blank.

can u give me the url to the dl of the full thai map from nokia as i cannot find it perhaps need to be able to read thai to locate it on the nokia.co.th site.

On my Nokia N80 I used the PC application 'Nokia Maploader' to load all the maps (Thailand which included Pattaya).

The link to Maploader is Nokia Maploader

Run the PC application with your Nokia connected and select the maps you want to load.

Cheers

Work Hard, Ride Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

On my Nokia N80 I used the PC application 'Nokia Maploader' to load all the maps (Thailand which included Pattaya).

The link to Maploader is Nokia Maploader

Run the PC application with your Nokia connected and select the maps you want to load.

Cheers

Yes, this is the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used my Nokia N95 with the Nokia Maps software a few times for navigating up-country on this trip so far. I bought one of those suction windscreen mounts from Halfords before i came here for holding the phone.

I drive for a living and often use a garmin GPS unit in the UK. At first I though that the N95 would be a bit of a toy as far as navigation is concerned. I am pleased to report that It's performance has exceeded my expectations. I did not loose the lock on the satellite signal once (although I suspect an external bluetooth GPS reciever would be a plus in Bangkok). Also remember to to bring/buy a car charger for use while navigating. Route calculations were quick and the voice directions clear and well timed.

In conclusion,If you have a Nokia N95 I would not hesitate to subscribe to the Nokia navigation service for the time that you are in thailand

• 2 months later...
Grab yourself a Garmin handheld unit. So many maps to download.

Yes, I have a Garmin GPS Map 60 cxs which I use for Jungle hikes. It can also be used for road navigation if you have the correct maps. Great unit but if you already have a Nokia N95 and just want road navigation then that is the way to go.

60CSx is extremely reliable GPS. Also don't forget about SIRF III antenna.!

• 4 weeks later...
Grab yourself a Garmin handheld unit. So many maps to download.

Last time I looked, (several years ago now), Garmin maps were a complete rip off, overpriced, non-configurable and limited in detail. Have things changed much?

I have always used mobile pc based maps ever since.

hi guys

well here is a new one for me ,i was asked if i could tell a guy where the general location was for a few 2 cell towers in Thailand ,so if anyone can help it would be great.

Here goes ; area code 2202

cell id 8282

next one is ; area code 2202

cell id 8354

next is ; area code 15054

cell id 56351

last one is ; area code 2202

cell id 8353

well if any one can make sence as to where this is please let me know and i will pass it on ,can anyone tell me what a cell id is ??

alan

• 1 month later...

For all the Nokia Maps 1.0 users:

Nolia relased a beta of Maps 2.0: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/maps

No guarantees!

I've got it installed and working without any trouble on my e90 Communicator :)

All in all it's a big improvement over 1.0, but there are some beta glitches (which are acceptable to me).

Warning: some people reported having trouble with their purchased licenses when upgrading! For me it worked fine though.

You also need to download new maps for this version.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.