IGNORED

Ocean tower 1

LaaMok

Ocean 1 Tower given the all-clear.

Khun Prachar, Governor of Chonburi Province chaired a Monday Morning Meeting at Pattaya City Hall to discuss plans for the Ocean 1 Tower which is an ambitious 91 floor condominium complex comprising 611 units and a shopping plaza, 200 meters from Jomtien Beach. The concept is owned by the Siam Best Enterprises Co Ltd and has encountered some problems in the planning stages as environmental concerns have delayed planning applications for the building. This meeting confirmed that those concerns have now been addressed and a survey of 500 local residents resulted in no objections to the building. Planning permission has now been granted and construction, which will take 5 years, is expected to start soon.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_01_10_50_2.htm

91 floors in an express elevator built in Thailand. That would take some balls!

Be scene and not herd.

This brings up a question about high rises I have.

What happens when you live on an upper floor and the power goes out? Do they have a sure back up power source?

And, what about fire safety???

I know these sound like stupid questions, but when I move to Patt's I'm considering an apt. or condo in a high rise, but wonder about these issues... Any help??

What happens when you live on an upper floor and the power goes out? Do they have a sure back up power source?

I know these sound like stupid questions, but when I move to Patt's I'm considering an apt. or condo in a high rise, but wonder about these issues... Any help??

Buy a parachute :Pervert1:

You get what you pay for. The higher end developments are usually OK you need to take a look around for fire escape routes, sprinklers and fire safe walls before you buy!

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

oh well at least it gives more opitons to choice from for the jumpers :D

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

The top floors guarantee a perfect view on the petrochemical industry and the harbor at lam chabaeng. Or maybe even towards the eastern sea board industrial estates?

Given the sprawl of pattaya and the industrial belt around it, I doubt that anyone really wants that view. It is neither nature nor urban. Just 3rs world.

The guys building the "Thing" have done some high end developments already and on the face they look ok. But take a closer look and you see a different picture. One of the main men is an arogant box head to the tenth degree. The other I "hate to say" is an Ozzie Expat who attitude is questionable.

Given the standard of development in general here in Pats, I would give it a wide birth.

:D

My 2 bahts worth!

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"