Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aeroplane Ear

mdmx33

ok, went to prague in march and i nearly jumped out the plane i was in so much pain when landing. due to the fact i will have to land 4 times in all for my trip in november, i was wandering if any of you guys suffered from th is in the past. i have flew before in the past, it was only that once in march!

center]'''''''''''You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.''''''''''''[/center]

Go to boots chemist and get some flight ear plugs, they are called something like EarPlanes.

Only cost a few quid, you put them in for take off and landing, they work wonders and with them in your ears you will not have the problem.

Alos chewing gum and taking planty of sips of water during take off and landing also help as well as a vick stick to sniff.

Cheers Mick

Go to boots chemist and get some flight ear plugs, they are called something like EarPlanes.

Only cost a few quid, you put them in for take off and landing, they work wonders and with them in your ears you will not have the problem.

Alos chewing gum and taking planty of sips of water during take off and landing also help as well as a vick stick to sniff.

cheers for that mate, appreciate the reply!!! just writen it down on my shoppin list!!

center]'''''''''''You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.''''''''''''[/center]

Had the same problem myself many years ago and now I always buy a decongestant and take it for a couple of days before the flight. If your eustachian tube is blocked in any way then it cannot equalize the air pressure effectively, as you are coming in to land that is when the air pressure in the cabin increases and it can push your eardrum inwards leading to the excruciating pain.Smokers would be more prone to this complaint for obvious reasons.Hope this helps mate.

When I read about the perils of drinking I gave up reading.

i had the same problem coming back from los.. last year.. i actually almost cry..( no joke ).. it was the most painful experience i have ever had in my ear.. i almost couldnt hear for about 2 hours after that.. but then i was a bit sick so maybe that was the problem..

Edited by PE.GOB

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Oh damn I've this pain too but only once in a while. At the time, I felt like my eardrums gonna explode or burst as the pain. You know I was pretty worried that when I landed I would be deaf (though everyone says its not possible) but the pain really makes me feel otherwise. I did a bit of swallowing the saliva and drinking water, it helps eases the pain but a little bit.

I have a question though, if I don't bother to swallow my saliva, what would it happen?

My job was flying--Its called val sav--Pinch your nose and try to blow out your ears..They will pop equalizing the pressure changes..Sometimes a big Yawn also clears the ears..Hope this helps..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

• 2 weeks later...

I also had this problem a couple of times. During one flight on the way down this pain from hell started to come when suddenly i heared a loud snap inside my head. Then i felt something running from my nose.

I thought Great, a nose bleed, now something definitly broke inside my head.

But it wasn´t blood. It was snot! It came like a waterfall!

I blew my nose for 10 minutes, completly using up a large package of tissues.

After about 15 paper tissues completly filled my friends started looking funny and asking if it was something left of my brain...

It must have been some sort of snot-record...

When i came back home i asked the doc what the he** that was. He shoved some sort of camera up my nose and saw that the by-pass channels between the cavities you have in your head (don´t know the english name for it) were to narrow.

On the next visit he took some gigant Q-tips dipped in some sort of chemical that would loosen up the mucous membrane and violently stuffed them up my nose and left me sitting there for 30 minutes.

Since then i have never suffered from "aeroplane ear" again!

The doc said that it was a very common problem and easy to get rid of!

Cheers.

My job was flying--Its called val sav--Pinch your nose and try to blow out your ears..They will pop equalizing the pressure changes..Sometimes a big Yawn also clears the ears..Hope this helps..

Its the pressure changes.

Most likely you got it this time because you had a cold and where blocked up.

With luck if you fly without being blocked up your okay.

I've been diving with a chronic blocked nose because it was the end of my hols and it was use em or lose em.

It can be quite dangerous.

The above are good ways of equalizing the pressure.

If its really blocked up bad they can be dangerous.

Best to try and equalise early, gently and frequently before the pain starts

If its really hurting you dont' try and equalise.

In years gone by hostesses used to come round the plane with boiled sweets at the start of the descent, strangely now it never seems to happen. Lots of sucking and particularly swallowing will help equalize the pressure in your ears. Try yawning frequently this helps a lot. As a last resort the SCUBA technique mentioned above should do the trick. If you fly with a cold and are blocked up this will make things a lot worse, it may be an idea to take a decongestant.

i have had many many ear infections as a kid, and i ALWAYS had huge problems with flying, as my eastachius tubes are problematic... when trying to equalise by pinching your nose and blowing, it feels like my eyes will pop out and often it wont equalise anyways.

now i either start to sniff salt water, or use other decongestants days before i fly, and i have no problems equalising anymore, and last flights chewing gum already did the trick of equalising.

would be interested to know if those ear plugs really work, do you have to keep them in all flight?

Taking off never had a problem only on when landing i get that deafness feeling, i always make sure iv'e got some thing to chew, midget Gem's i always buy about a kilo of them and keep some for the flight back the other's i hand out to the BG's they love em!!!!!!!!

du du du short time ...tammai teug tum kub chan dai

Foxy007