Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

auctions

LazyJay

someone posted an intresting link on TV to a car auction company:

http://www.manheimthailand.com/cms/html/

anyone been to one of these? any bargans or any catch?

cheers

i have never been to that auctuion. I have been to other auctions in bkk and i can say dont waste your time..

John Collingbourne's is a good place, he's a good guy and a mate of mine. He sold all the stuff from my house and bar when I finished with the wife.

He sold my stuff really quickly and I got paid in full and he really help me.

Well worth a visit to his place as he gets some really good stuff in there.

The auction i visited was union auction about 2 years ago. All the reserve prices were over the top. Less then 10% sold out of 150-200 cars. Its a big place and you sit on bleachers as they roll the cars through. Its hot and a total waste of time.

• 1 year later...

Do yourself a favour if you want a bargain give Collingbournes a miss. I've been to two of his auctions and he didn't sell one car and only a few bikes. He dos'nt understand that punters are after a bargain especially when you buy as seen with no comeback. Every car or pickup was withdrawn, a waste of time.

Do yourself a favour if you want a bargain give Collingbournes a miss. I've been to two of his auctions and he didn't sell one car and only a few bikes. He dos'nt understand that punters are after a bargain especially when you buy as seen with no comeback. Every car or pickup was withdrawn, a waste of time.

Its not Collingbournes is it? The owners decide the price and everybody is hypnotized that their vehicle will sell for what they paid for it 5 years ago......because the internet chat says so...

Its not Collingbournes is it? The owners decide the price and everybody is hypnotized that their vehicle will sell for what they paid for it 5 years ago......because the internet chat says so...

Good post, he may give advice on a selling price ( based on past sales) however the seller gives him the reserve price. 

It is my understanding that he charges the seller 5,000tb and the buyer 5,000tb. and 2- 2 for bikes.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 4 weeks later...

every time i have visited collingbournes the 2nd hand bikes are way over priced . the owners want to much for them and set an unreasonable reserve price  

for some reason 2nd hand farang bikes are worth more than 2nd thai bikes .... 

off topic ... have you seen all the bikes in the police compounds . what happens to them .. police auctions would be nice 

• 1 month later...

every time i have visited collingbournes the 2nd hand bikes are way over priced . the owners want to much for them and set an unreasonable reserve price  

for some reason 2nd hand farang bikes are worth more than 2nd thai bikes .... 

off topic ... have you seen all the bikes in the police compounds . what happens to them .. police auctions would be nice 

I bought a bike there Mint condition 4 months old 2,000km on the clock one owner 165,000tb new.

120,000tb plus the 2,000tb commission saved 43,000tb.

Very happy.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 1 month later...

Been in their show room a couple of times during the week and not on the auction day. Must say I have not been too impressed that was on offer in there.

Archived