Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Report on Pattaya for the Disabled

iballooka

Just back after buying a nice bungalow...

I would like to inform any disabled members or friends of forum members who disabled persons of our experiences, we are both disabled with serious walking difficulties....

We booked the Pattaya Bay Resort a new hotel just off the second road.... http://pattayabayresort.com/default.aspx and the hotel in a nutshell was superb...

The facilities for the disabled are excellent, I spoke with several wheelchair users who all said the staff are truly aware of the needs of the disabled, whilst I never saw the specially adapted rooms they are truly wheelchair friendly....Getting about was not a problem the door staff or reception either they arranged for pick ups using a 10 baht bus helped you into the passenger seat and even loaded wheelchair users onboard in the chair, quite how they got off at the other end I have no idea but I guess many would offer help...

This hotel is truly disabled user friendly and I would have no hesitations in recommending it, as for myself the room I had was of a good size, walk in shower, level floor access the only thing I missed was the handle to help get off the pot when done....It had a decent sized fridge and the bed was huge and very comfortable if they keep these standards up then it will always be full....

The breakfast was OK (not included) and the price of a cup was daylight robbery at 60 bahts a cup but it was decent cuppa, never had an evening meal the Sportsman Arms being a few mins walk away met the main meal requirements...There are full up disabled toilets outside the restaurant, level floor access throughout including to the pool side, not certain about access to the pool but there was always someone around if needed.....

There's a shortcut onto to the second road and we able to walk it with ease, the door staff are very caring they have free tuk tuk any many a time they dropped us off well after free drop off point reached, not many hotels give this level of service...

For those who fit and able the hotel has great deal going for it, the staff are truly friendly and very helpful, the girls on reception are always cheerful and you can have a laugh with them, so no hesitations in saying you can book with confidence....

Hopefully this review (my first BTW) is of use to those with a disability as well as those looking for a place to stay.....

IMG_0811.jpg

Great review thanks for taking the time to post.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

not very often a hotel with give that extra service, the extra free mileage

Edited by Bryan

• 1 year later...

I am sure this thread will be of use to a lot of board users thanks for posting.