IGNORED

Rest Homes

Lok Jit

I have a good friend who is 71 and lived here 11 years as a single man..He has the money for a quality rest home but cant seem to find one in the Pattaya area...From the readers here do you know of a hi quality facility that cares for the elderly?

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I was just thinking of this myself. Must be a business opportunity waiting to happen a nice little residential area for the elderly with Nursing and care helpers available. Maybe Dancewatcher could provide the uniforms.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

they have them in bkk , i was chatting to lady that works in one , a business opp maybe because one day we are all going to end up in one i wonder why no one else has set one up yet is it thai govt

This topic may be funny to some, but it is a good one for those of us who may live in LOS for a long time and perhaps to the end. I am 49, so I like to believe I have a long way to go before I need to live in "assisted living", if ever. Yet, shit can happen and I like to know my options in advance. You never know when something can happen - serious disabling accident, stroke, real bad ticker... I would imangine that this type of service would be better in Thailand and cheaper than say in US or UK. A smart business could offer cut rate servies, using cheap labor - and provide better care than many of the shit hole places in US. The Thai workers are probably more natural care givers anyway, and if you found a place/person that did a good job you could afford to pay extra on the side.

It is something that will definately be more in demand with the aging population, both Thai and Farang.

Just think of it - A monger's old folks home. Ahhhh paradise... :10:

Would make for an interesting business venture to open an Asst Living GoGo & Retirement Village. If you paid extra could you gum the girls out? Would you ever remember if you paid the Bar Fine at Bingo night? Sponge Bath...Soapy...Same Same. If I died...that is the way I would want to go. :rolleyes:

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

• 2 months later...

I didnt think you need one here as labour is so cheap you can have a live in nurse? or just a gf

• 9 years later...

I saw a sign that had been taken down on Soi Six on one of the building that said "Nursing Home". I thought wow how lucky could you be to have your  nursing home on Soi Six of all the places in the world. 

I've seen Chiang Mai retirement homes aimed at farangs advertised on TV.

i think it was a 60 minutes report or something about a year ago.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

There,s one up by the lake first right past Layla,s place Namthip Nursing Home :)

I knew an older Thai lady that took care of a old farang in her home.  He had alzheimer's and at one time she was his gf but then became his caretaker.  The weird part was, she had a younger live-in farang as a bf.  The younger farang was piss poor and didn't mind living under the same roof as the old guy.   

they have some in chang mai 

http://www.careresortchiangmai.com/index.php?viewID=2

Sure if successful they will spread  ... . but like Brian says easier to have a full-time nurse .. there are some positives I suppose in a care home .. other retired people (+/-) and 24 hour care and back up care if a nurse is sick.  Good health care if its the right place I would imagine.. activities etc  ....   plus could be a good earner for the thais .. the way care old age care is going in the UK.

place in Chang Mai looks ok 

interesting article here "export grandma to asia" lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25438325

Archived