IGNORED

Ping-pong tables in Pattaya?

Harley62

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum (maybe sports would be better?) but my Thai GF is crazy about table tennis (i.e. ping pong) and plays at a pretty high level.

We will be staying in Pattaya for several weeks, and we will need a place where we can play / practice on a regular basis. Either free, or paying a small fee (per hour) would be fine.

If somebody happens to know where I can find tables, I'd appreciate that information very much!

Thanks in advance!

HB

I have seen a lot of ping pong balls

but I have not seen a table or bats yet

:hello09:

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

there used to be a table in the bar next to the pig and whistle (soi 7) not sure whether it is still there or not ,thats the only one ive seen around

there used to be a table in the bar next to the pig and whistle (soi 7) not sure whether it is still there or not ,thats the only one ive seen around

Ah yes , Foxey Lady beer bar soi 7 . I think it was still there last time i went past .

Mikeyboy

My condo building have ping pong tables

thai 107.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

There used to be table tennis tables on one of the floors of Mikes shopping centre. I don't know if they are still there.

Don't know where you're staying in Pattaya.There was an outdoor table(mentioned before)on soi 7.The Urban condo on Soi 15 have now got a TT Table in.There are a couple of tables,as far as I remember at the Ambassador hotel/sports complex in Jomtien,on the Sukhumvit I think.Used to play squash there and I think they had tables.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

We will be staying in Pattaya for some weeks, and we will need a place where we can play and practice on a regular basis. Either free, or paying a small fee (per hour) would be fine. I play pingpong on this place.

On 10/08/2012 at 03:33, swamp donkey said:

I have seen a lot of ping pong balls

but I have not seen a table or bats yet

:hello09:

Sometimes the ping pong balls come out of old bats

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/05/2022 at 04:05, jannifer201387 said:

We will be staying in Pattaya for some weeks, and we will need a place where we can play and practice on a regular basis. Either free, or paying a small fee (per hour) would be fine. I play pingpong on this place.

Don't know if you need to pay, but there are two tables in Central Fesitval Mall near the movie theater. Saw people playing a few days ago.

• 2 months later...

The tables at Central Festival are free but can get busy at different times of the day.

• 2 months later...

I think you'll find that ping-pong balls in Pattaya are generally put to much better use than for actually playing 'ping-pong'.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a professional player.  Grew up playing on a regular table but tried GoSports Mid-Size Table out due to space issues and was not let down. Able to unpack and play immediately with easy setup. Able to have legit rally plays. Once you adjust to the dimensions it feels like a real table tennis game. Very light. You can purchase it from here. Leg braces are somewhat flimsy but table materials appear quality. A narrow strip of metal borders the perimeters of the playing surface and causes some interesting bounces.

• 4 weeks later...

Table tennis, chess, aircon, walking and people watching are all free in Central Festival.  

I am surprised how many good tt players show up nearly every afternoon to hit and play games.  Hitting with some of them has really improved my game and fitness.  More fun than pumping iron.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2022 at 02:04, thailien said:

Table tennis, chess, aircon, walking and people watching are all free in Central Festival.  

I am surprised how many good tt players show up nearly every afternoon to hit and play games.  Hitting with some of them has really improved my game and fitness.  More fun than pumping iron.

Yes but you wont grow any muscles playing ping pong 😜

• 5 months later...
On 02/12/2022 at 16:04, thailien said:

I am surprised how many good tt players show up nearly every afternoon to hit and play games.  ...

Uh, interesting! May describe exactly where inside Central Festival?

1 hour ago, _Zoidberg_ said:

Uh, interesting! May describe exactly where inside Central Festival?

6th floor, 2nd Road side.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/12/2022 at 10:04, thailien said:

Wow I've been looking for tables. What floor is it on?

21 minutes ago, MudslideMike said:

Wow I've been looking for tables. What floor is it on?

6th floor, 2nd Road side.  BYO bat and ball.  Free to play, first come, first to get a table.

Problem is there are only two tables.  Early afternoons can be busy with regular players.  Late afternoons often nobody there.  Evenings the good players show up, and put on a show.  

An alternative, tho not free, is ATT Table Tennis, in Mike Shopping Mall on 3rd floor, just a short walk south from Central  Festival.  ATT is a big new venue, opened last year.  Ten tables, excellent playing conditions, coaches available.  

After years of Pattaya being a table tennis wasteland, it is now in a golden age.  Sure hope it lasts....

Edited by thailien
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, thailien said:

6th floor, 2nd Road side.  BYO bat and ball.

Thx bro... I found a new pastime. Love me some ping pong.

On 12/06/2023 at 21:30, thailien said:

6th floor, 2nd Road side.  BYO bat and ball.  Free to play, first come, first to get a table.

Problem is there are only two tables.  Early afternoons can be busy with regular players.  Late afternoons often nobody there.  Evenings the good players show up, and put on a show.  

An alternative, tho not free, is ATT Table Tennis, in Mike Shopping Mall on 3rd floor, just a short walk south from Central  Festival.  ATT is a big new venue, opened last year.  Ten tables, excellent playing conditions, coaches available.  

After years of Pattaya being a table tennis wasteland, it is now in a golden age.  Sure hope it lasts....

I'm on the 6th floor now and all I see is the theatre the arcades and the dance place. And the parking lot... I see one room on the right that's empty and they are doing some sort of repairs. I'm starting to think that's it. 😭

Edited by MudslideMike