IGNORED

When you take a TG for LT

I was there in june met a lovely girl im supporting her now she stays home with her 6 year old son ; but when i go at xmas il go straight to docs with her for tests for my own piece of mind

I ALWAYS BAG UP BUT I HATE DOING IT IF THIS WAS 1000% ACCURATE THEN I WOULD GO BARE BACK

BUT IM STILL WORRIED I MIGHT CATCH SOMETHING NOT NICE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bastos60

• Dr.Winston

• F.E.Tanaka

And did she have the test?

She hasn't yet, and I have told her that the first thing I will do is go to a hospital with her and have the tests done.

If anything comes up on the tests other then HIV, she will need to get treated and she will need to stay out of the scene during that time.

But she will have those tests and I am not taking no for an answer.

I ALWAYS BAG UP BUT I HATE DOING IT IF THIS WAS 1000% ACCURATE THEN I WOULD GO BARE BACK

BUT IM STILL WORRIED I MIGHT CATCH SOMETHING NOT NICE

You caught a herbert I think :D

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that blood tests can only reveal HIV, but not other forms of std unless the signs are visible.

That is really awesome. I am one of the paranoid/hypochondriac sorts and I start looking for symptoms even when I have none, so testing and knowing all is well would take a lot of stress off, make things like dining at the y, which I enjoy, more enjoyable without the worry of what might come of it, but I completely agree with the rest of you guys, should still be safe, HIV is sneaky... :wub:

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them! -Friedrich Nietzsche

I think this is a great idea. It'd be cool if someone posted up the locations of a couple clinics that do this kind of testing. What's involved in the testing though? Is it just one blood test for all the major STDs?

I think this is a great idea. It'd be cool if someone posted up the locations of a couple clinics that do this kind of testing. What's involved in the testing though? Is it just one blood test for all the major STDs?

There are plenty of places all over Pattaya. Try Soi Buakhao, Walking St or South Pattaya Rd, just look for the magic word "clinic".

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

There are plenty of places all over Pattaya. Try Soi Buakhao, Walking St or South Pattaya Rd, just look for the magic word "clinic".

I would avoid the clinic at South Pattaya Road, between Beach and 2nd Road. I was tested there and have my doubts about cleanliness. Even if we got the results very fast, I would prefer to go to a hospital next time. It wasn't cheaper either...

I would avoid the clinic at South Pattaya Road, between Beach and 2nd Road. I was tested there and have my doubts about cleanliness. Even if we got the results very fast, I would prefer to go to a hospital next time. It wasn't cheaper either...

The last time I had a test done at a clinic I was very pleased with the professional service. I can't remember exactly how much it cost but it was under 1000 Baht and a Western made test by one of the top european medical companies (Bayer maybe).

Look around and talk to the staff until you find one you trust, there are plenty of them around the areas I mentioned above.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

This is a great thread and idea....I plan on using a condom all the time but if I ever decide to get an LT girl there im going to have us both get checked out. Thx for bringing this to my attention.

• 4 months later...

We both got tested but I couldn't read her test results that well.

As long as I asked her, I explained I had already been tested when I told her.

At first, she was a little resentful but she came to understand my view.

Could read some when explained to me but still not that clear.

In her case, she had a conservative lifestyle so I was not that concerned but prefer to be safe.

This was a couple of years ago and everything seems to be fine now.

• 2 months later...

Getting a girl tested can't really provide peace of mind I'm afraid.

Subtype E takes an average of over 4 months to show up. Girls are at their most infectious in the first 3 months after contracting HIV when it probably won't show up anyway.

For testing the girl to be effective it would only work in a long term relationship - i.e. use condoms all the time for at least 4 months in the knowledge that she is completely faithful, then both get tested, then you can go bareback but you would have to totally trust her and from what I know of bar girls that is not easy