IGNORED

Jakarta Hotels?

kash buc

Hello;

I'll be in Jakarta in the beginning of OCT for 3 nights.

I have no real idea on how the city is laid out or where to stay.

Any suggestions for a hotel would be appreciated. Looking for something around $100US.

Right now I'm looking at RedTop hotel. Any comments?

http://www.redtophotel.com/aboutus.html

Thanks

It's between the two easiest mongering areas, Chinatown/Kota and Blok M. They quote 10 minutes to Chinatown, which might be correct only when the streets are empty. I would expect at least 20 min. to Chinatown during typical traffic. Don't know Blok M as well, but I estimate similar travel time to there.

Where do you plan to go to play?

Veni, vidi, futui. I came, I saw, I f**ked.

Thanks WW

The Jakarta stop isn't really a mongering trip, it will be the jumping off point for some travel thru Indonesia. So I'll only have a night or two for Jakarta nightlife.

I've been studying the jakarta100 website and given that I'm close to 60 years old I figure my best bets for entertainment will be the big hotel bars CJ's and B.A.T.S.

Sounds like for getting around in Jakarta your best bet is to take a taxi everywhere. Doesn't seem like much of a walking or public transportation town.

I've never been to CJ's and B.A.T.S., though I agree that they will probably be convenient and easy for you.

I've always used taxis in Jakarta because public transportation goes along specific routes, often not where I wish to go. In a new town, taxis also mean that you don't need to navigate for yourself. You can walk easily or rather easily within areas which have a concentration of venues, like Blok M or Chinatown/Kota.

The major hotels and high-class places like CJ's and B.A.T.S. can help you get a taxi from a reputable company. The phone number for Blue Bird, the most reputable company is (021) 794-1234.

Have fun.

Hello;

I'll be in Jakarta in the beginning of OCT for 3 nights.

I have no real idea on how the city is laid out or where to stay.

Any suggestions for a hotel would be appreciated. Looking for something around $100US.

Right now I'm looking at RedTop Hotel. Any comments?

http://www.redtophot...m/aboutus.html

Thanks

Hi,

I would not recommend Redtop as a mongering hotel. Its very much a family and business hotel. Its definitely good value though and its location at Pecenongan has many street food at night but can be a hassle as traffic there is horrendous.

For your budget I would recommend the Swiss Inn at Mangga Besar. This area has many P4P locations but be warned its a local scene so not many farangs wandering around. I would recommend also Travel hotel ( it has a in-house joint with hundreds of ladies) and cheaper than Pattaya too. Terminal Classic is another place I would recommend. Everything close by. You will not be dissapointed.

Most farangs will stick to farang joints near Block M mall. However, to me Mangga Besar is the place to be when in Jakarta.

Hope this helps.

Thanks fellas;

I've dropped the RedTop and now I'm looking at the Ibis hotels which I like because they are near the Gambir RR Station. I plan on taking the train to Yogyakarta and a day trip to Bogor to see the gardens. The Swiss Inn also looks like an interesting choice.

WW I read your guide Mannga Besar, very informative. I also read a trip report here on the Travel hotel.

From what I've read so far on the boards they are saying that most of the hotels in Jakarta are GF, true or not?

• 1 month later...

Most of the hotels are quite girl-friendly. I'm not sure about the high-end hotels with American ties like Marriott, but I tend to prefer midscale hotels. I often stay at the Mercure hotel in Mangga Besar/Kota, and it is very GF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are also some famiy friendly hotels in Jakarta where we can go with family including kids also. Aston At Kuningan Suites, Somerset Grand Citra, Four Seasons hotel, Best Western Mangga Dua hotel & Residence, hotel Apartment Cempaka Sunter, Acacia hotel Jakarta, Alila hotel Jakarta etc.

• 3 years later...

Ibis Arcadia hotel in Central Jarkata was a good stay for me. The staff very helpful, nice clean rooms, the Wifi and Aircon worked well. And it's a girlfriendly hotel, no problems to take a girl overnight in your room, they don't even ask for the ID or something like that, at least 11 months ago. If i go back to Jarkarta, i will stay there again. 

http://www.booking.com/hotel/id/arcadia.de.html

Edit: The hotel restaurant could be better, it's just ok. But there are good restaurants around the hotel, better eat outside. 

Ok KB

So I was in Jakarta for a week for a food show in May 2015.

After much deliberation and reading Nixons topic, I stayed at Red Top.  Good location for the 'red light' area.  As soon as you have checked in head over to Classic hotel.  The streets have a grimier feel than Pattaya, less life.   Level 2 or Level 5 at the recommendations for Classic.

Malioboro Club and Alexis, glamour venues

The Grand Mercure hotel nearby would be my pick too.  Its closer to Malio

If you stay further south in the SCBD area thats where all the nightclubs are - but it is so spread out.

BATS and CJS were rubbish i thought.

• 2 weeks later...

im thinking of this on may way back to bkk from Bali,, but i heard that the red light is closed and demolition

right or is there any other places?

Terminal Classic. Amazing girls by the hundreds in the place and do cheap you always choose two.

Archived