IGNORED

England V South Africa - battle of the giants

mousemat

England are like the bloke pushing a wheel barrow uphill, they've got the job in front of em !

I would be sending Prior in next wicket down as he is aggresive and has the temprement for a battle.They mose well lose 2 nil as 1 nil so i would be having a crack.

Amla has been quite brilliant in this series and i must say i have been a little disappointed in Jimmy Anderson and Swann. They haven't made enough inroads with the ball.

Been an enthralling series to watch just a shame it wasn't 5 tests.

P.S There is a series running in Australia at the moment called Howzat which focuses on Kerry Packer and World Series Cricket. Quite entertaining for those of us old enough to remember all the drama it caused.

I was fortunate enough to go to the first Day/Nighter under lights at the SCG with old D.K Lillee steaming into Viv Richards -good memories

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeyboy

• mousemat

• pointer

• batista275

How to Do a Rain Dance How To A Rain Dance

1. Never do a rain dance on a hill.

2. Make sure you have a lot of room so you

don't run into anything.

3. Spin around in clockwise circles.

4. Make up your own rain chant. It should be rythmical

and easy to say fast.

5. Yell your rain chant while spinning around in circles.

6. If you are trying to get rid of rain, spin in

counterclockwise circles and say your chant backwards.

Just trying to help :GoldenSmile1:

OK last time was a bit cheeky but surely you guys must be thinking about it now.... :Think1:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

The kings are dead, long live the kings! A dramatic, pulsating, sweat-drenched Test has ended with a 51-run win for South Africa, sealing the series 2-0 and plucking the No. 1 ranking from England's cold, dead hands. They fought hard until the bitter end, battling all the way down the order, pride the only thing left before their fall from the top, but South Africa have earned victory, earned their advantage in the series and deserve their spoils. England's year-long reign has been nothing if not eventful but this is their sixth defeat in their last 11 Tests; Gary Kirsten, meanwhile, becomes the first coach to lead two Test nations to No. 1 in the world. South Africa are also the first team to win a Test series in England since, er, South Africa, in 2008. Graeme Smith seems to like it here. Perhaps England should ask if they can swap him for Kevin Pietersen?

With seven wickets and 96 runs in the match, I would think Vernon Philander should be Man of the Match. We'll get the presentations shortly. For the next few minutes, South Africans can bask in finally getting themselves over the line (and not a c-word in sight), while England fans can bask in no longer having to deal with the pressure of being top dogs for a while.

from cricinfo

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Well done the S Africans , the better team over this short series . Most of the South Africans contributed to a good team effort , and England fell short of their standards .

I think basically SA did to England exactly what England have done to other sides over the last few years , pressure cricket with no let up . Amla .Steyn and Philander stand outs.

I would expect ( injuries permitting ) all of this England side to go to India in the Autumn .

Now for 5 ODi 's and 2 hit and giggles ( T20 's ) against SA

Mikeyboy

Wow, that was probably the best day of international cricket I have seen live.

In the final session the crowd was really behind the team and started to believe that we could salvage a victory - every run was cheered like a massive six. Some SA fans even started a Mexican wave which is not the type of crown activity that is usually seen at stuffy Lords.

Once the new ball was given it was essentially the end of our tail and people began to accept defeat.

Overall SA were the better team and they deserve their position as the top test playing nation.