IGNORED

Bangkok named ‘World’s Best City’

Pattaya Daily News

Bangkok1.jpg
Voters don't lie! Bangkok named 'World's Best City' by Travel + Leisure magazine

Travel + Leisure Magazine has released its 2010 “World’s Best” list, with Bangkok voted as the top city in the world, followed by Chiang Mai, in the annual poll voted on by the American luxury travel magazine’s readers.

We’re quite certain there has to be a bit of celebrating going on in the offices of Thailand’s Tourism Authority, which has been battling hard to bring back the tourists following the recent unrest in Bangkok. (Though it must be noted the Travel + Leisure survey was completed before this year’s mass protests.)

Rounding out the top 10 on the “World’s Best City” list are Florence, San Miguel de Allende (Mexico), Rome, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Oaxaca (Mexico), Barcelona and New York City.

Thailand’s hotels did well too, with the Peninsula Bangkok rising from No. 66 in 2009 to No. 7 in 2010, while Thai Airways was voted the world’s eighth best international airline.

Report by : Travel&Leisure

Related items

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Tourism News
Photo : Internet

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

the thais must be pretty experienced at buying votes !! I cant imagine any "non monger" voting BKK number one tho.

Not seeing it myself as much as I love LOS if I were going to be stuck in a major city it would be Rio..

Well, if you dont count air quality, floods and crazy traffic Bangkok is ok.

But I prefer Tokyo.

u sure this isnt for 2010 like you said in the post, Its 2012 now!!

I think for a mongers and non mongers alike bangkok is a great city the sky train is brilliant. cheap hotels, cheap food and drink for a capitol city

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

Pattaya should have won it hands down :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by steviehgv

Stevie

Pattaya shuld have won it hands down :GoldenSmile1:

+1