IGNORED

What were you doing in 1968?

I know what I should have been doing but she was a little old for me then

bar-071.jpg

Maybe there were younger girls here

bar-001.jpg

Pictures from http://www.fescanphoto.com/korat/bargirl/album3/index.html

Edited by andyaus

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Thx for posting, enjoyed watching that

Thx for posting, enjoyed watching that

There is a country version as well

http://youtu.be/HtLJ_guyQ4c

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I was in the 10th grade of High School in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin.

Very good, superb. Thank you.

sinclair1969: a fuckin' degenerate gambler.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Well Jan 69 I was in Bkk for 5 days. Nights were spent between Patpong and the Mosquito bar on Klong Toey.

Flew onwards to Singapore to join my ship ( shell tanker ) Great times ashore in Hong Kong-Singapore- Japan-Saigon. Although some scary times delivering the aviation fuel for the Americans in Nha Trang.

Photo below is taken in the Mosquito bar in Klong Toey. I assume they are Merchant Seaman. Young Thai boy right of picture was the waiter and his name was 'Ding.

2mosq1.jpg

I was still thinking about getting born in 5 years time.

Great old photos!

I will watch the video later then alone.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Year I was born

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

1968, I was still in my father's sack.

I've been on it a little better than you and I waited inside my mother to the arrival of the world.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

In 1968 , I was eight years old.. No hard on, appeared yet... :GoldenSmile1:

You might have travelled this road

road to beach.jpg

to this bar

sweetheart bar.jpg

looking for these services

menu.jpeg

but leaving with this girl

girl sign 1967.jpg

Of course this just makes you an old bastard. :GoldenSmile1:

Voltaire

In 1968 I was being traumatized by my first year of preschool. :Disease1:

Whenever I see pictures of bar girls from long ago, it always gives me a melancholy feeling. Just realizing that most of those young girls in the pictures are either very old women or dead now always reminds me that life is short and we'd better get the most enjoyment out of it while we're all still relatively young (or not) enough to appreciate it. Thanks for posting, that video was awesome!!

I was shacked up with Mo from Mosely and blissfully unaware of Thailand's temptations....scoot1.jpg

If I'd known then what I know now, I doubt very much whether I'd have survived (financially at least) to be here today.

Nice VDO.

Andyaus your photos have historical value. The real gems. Similar photos are subject to a Sailor bar in soi 8th. Díky za sdílení.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Andyaus your photos have historical value. The real gems. Similar photos are subject to a Sailor bar in soi 8th. Díky za sdílení.

I don't think they're Andy's......are they?

I don't think they're Andy's......are they?

Not my photos..posted a link on first post but here it is again http://www.fescanpho...bum3/index.html

Video from UTUBE ....plenty more if you want to spend a few hours.

Maybe I should have given more credit to Fes Candy.........

Edited by andyaus

Voltaire

Not my photos..posted a link on first post but here it is again http://www.fescanpho...bum3/index.html

Video from UTUBE ....plenty more if you want to spend a few hours.

I knew that, just correcting THAJEC's mistake.

Thinking of buying my fist real six string the following year :GoldenSmile1:

wow those photos were great i wish i had went to pattaya 20 years ago with my mates but we went to spain ive been trying to make up for it in the last 10 years .

• 3 weeks later...

This time in 1968 I was about a month away from being born...

Cheers...

Well in 1968, a few things happened to me but travelling to SEA voluntarily wasn’t one of them. We were watching the draft with a lot more interest and trepidation than watching the current lottery numbers although both processes seemed very similar.

In 68, I had a chinese girlfriend and in "White Australia” this was unusual. Fortunately, had physically developed to the point where I could silence the detractors with the kind of stare a lion would give if you woke him. (just walk away). Apparently I still do this. Needless to say my predilection for Asian women was formed early in life.

If we were in Pattaya in 1972 we might have seen this dude striding down the street...heading for a massage would be my guess.

pattaya street 1972.jpg

He may have been off to Soi Diamond..... Are the stools on the pictures the same ones I have been sitting on recently?

Soi Diamond.jpg

I need to research when the Pattaya Sign was installed on the hill but it was after this picture in 72

beach road to walking street 1972.jpg

Edited by andyaus

Voltaire

I was listening to Jimi Hendrix and the Stones...............

No, not really. (Listening to them now though!)

Wasn't born until '75 but I would love to have been a young adult in 60's and 70's, when the world was changing so dramatically. But the draft and the lottery would have scared the hell outta me. Would not have wanted to be shipped overseas to fight in a war like that.

Great photos. Thanks for posting.

When Hendrix died, I arranged a half day Mourning period where we sat on the oval and played his music. We had over 500 kids attend. I asked the head master for permission stating that “Jimi Hendrix” has died and we want to show our grief......The head master looked at me and solemnly said...."Hendrix ..Jimi... hmmmmm what class was he in?”....I think I muttered “4D” and joined my friends on the oval.... :GoldenSmile1:

Voltaire