IGNORED

Lord Nelson

Khun Scalawag

I guess you could say it was a case of, "you get what you pay for."

:glare:

I made the mistake of booking a "Deluxe room" at The Lord Nelson. When I checked in I was shown to a small dark room. I said to the girl, "I booked a Deluxe room," the respond was, "Deluxe room. See, DVD player." :wacko: If that was a "deluxe room" I would hate to one of their regular "superior rooms." They must have used a fish eye lens on their camera to make the rooms look as big as they do in the web site photos.

The bathroom was so small the toilet was across from the shower and you could, if you so desired, take a shower while sitting on the porcelain throne.

The room was on the 3rd floor, 2nd to you European types, and at 4AM when two people were talking in normal tones on Soi 6, it seemed like they were standing next to the bed. There might as well have not been any glass in the window frames.

The next morning while I was sitting in the room the maid came in to change the sheets. I wouldn't have believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but she removed the bedspread and the top sheet, hit the bed a couple of times as if she was brushing something off, pulled the bottom sheet tight, and put a clean sheet on top of the used bottom sheet and replaced the bedspread. Unbelievable!!!!

I was out of there in 24 hours. Would have been less, but I had a appointment that afternoon.

Oh, btw, they asked for a 1,000 baht deposit for the key to the lock box downstairs and the girl refused, twice to give me a receipt, telling me they didn't have receipts. I asked a little more strongly the third time and she produced a receipt book and wrote the requested document.

I don't mind walking and I don't mind stairs, but the stairs were some of the worst I've seen. Looked like something out of the Winchester Mystery House. The space that should have been used for the width of the steps was, apparently, put into the height of the risers. I had to go up and down the stairs sideways. The fire escape on the back of the building was easier to use.

I canNot recommend this hotel to anyone and would suggest you only consider it if every other hotel in Pattaya is booked solid.

The only positive thing I can say about it was the girls who work the bar during the day seemed very pleasant.

Edited by Scalawag

I went here for a bite to eat once. Not recommended :( Didnt feel comfortable either. Something about the place I guess -_-

1-0 to the Sheepshaggers

I find this suprising as this is one of Vic's places. Maybe he needs a new manager. I have stayed at the Queen Vic on a few trips, which is a few doors down, and have no complaints other than having to run the ladyboy gauntlet on the way to beach road. I hear they are similar hotels.

• 4 weeks later...

I usually stop by for a drink or 2 or 3 before my 1400 daily nooner. Do have a mate that stays there everytime he goes over richmason on flb and Secrets board. If I just wanted to do short times all day. I would take a room here. later Next!

• 1 year later...

My Review:

Pros

-It's on Soi 6. In fact, the room I was in had a balcony over-looking Soi 6. I could sit and smoke and watch the interactions all day.

-There's a 24 convenience store across the street

-Dvd players in room

-I believe they have WiFi but I'm not sure and I don't know if it's a good signal

-It's quiet at night

-Very friendly staff

-Laundry service

Cons

-It's on Soi 6. This can cause problems. For one, you may end up short timing more girls than you planned on. For two, you may end up strolling down the street with a girls you long-timed in front of a bunch of girls you already short-timed.

-Rooms are small and pretty raggedy

-No pool

-Safety box downstairs (1000 baht deposit on the key to the safety box)

-Security may be an issue (no I.D. check for girls)

-Only 2 flat pillows on the bed

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

I think you will find they seperated some time ago.

Yes they did. I got the feeling there might be some bad blood, but I could be wrong. I stopped in Queen Vics a couple times and they all looked at me like I was a creature from another planet. I don't think anybody in there had ever seen an American before. Not a very friendly vibe.

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks