Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa for Thai Wife. All sorted. UK Bound

dirtyden

Hi Guys

Just a bit of info, we have got a family visa to take my wife to the Uk for a holiday

We did all the paper work ourselves, piece of piss really, if all your paper work is in order

We will depart at the end of aug, for a full 2 weeks, site seeing, shopping, drinking and eating

Cant bloody wait, it was strees full to sort all the crap out, we waitied less than 2 weeks to get the passport back from Bkk

If u have the time, please do it yourself, instead of going via an agent,,,you will save loads of money

Kind Regards

dirty

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to hear from a DIY enthusiast. I have never needed to arrange a visa for UK for a Thai national but I'm sure that it cannot be rocket science. Rather like Thailand, if all your papers are in order and everything's legit there should be no reason why things can't be sorted by a moderately intelligent applicant. I have never paid an agent to make any application anywhere in the world on my behalf and have never been refused whatever I have applied (and am elligible) for.

Good luck on your trip to the UK, but you need to realise not all guys use an agent because they are lazy or are not up to filling in some forms. In 2004 I had an agent get a 2yr visa to the UK for my wife, the reason I had to use an agent was because I did not meet all the criteria the embassy required to grant my wife a visa, in my case it was money well spent

Good luck on your trip to the UK, but you need to realise not all guys use an agent because they are lazy or are not up to filling in some forms. In 2004 I had an agent get a 2yr visa to the UK for my wife, the reason I had to use an agent was because I did not meet all the criteria the embassy required to grant my wife a visa, in my case it was money well spent

I am interested. I have the same problem, I am sure I will not meet the required criteria.

What agent did you use, cost?

8 years ago, it will be more now, but it's still a rough guide

norvin

Have sent you a PM

There is also those that are unable to spare the time who find using an agent good value. However as the OP says it is a relatively straight forward application, where most fall down is in not supplying all the paper work required, or not be truthful.

I have helped with 3 applications for friends, providing you remember that you are dealing with bureaucracy, which means ensuring their backs are covered :hello09: . So if missing one piece of specific evidence cover the reason in a letter and supply 2 or 3 alternatives that address the short fall. I think the secret is in doing their job for them, Produce a file with a legend, with all paperwork in the correct order along with brief one page explanation where/if required and you are 90% there.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the most likely reason for a fail?

For example I have an overdraft in my bank account i regularly make use of. Would that work against me in an application whilst providing your financials? (as I am paying for my girlfriend's stay while here)

Besides me, my girlfriend has a sister in the UK who has a British passport. WIll this work in our favour?

I am also interested in hearing which agent was used and a steer on their fees.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys

Just a bit of info, we have got a family visa to take my wife to the Uk for a holiday

We did all the paper work ourselves, piece of piss really, if all your paper work is in order

We will depart at the end of aug, for a full 2 weeks, site seeing, shopping, drinking and eating

Cant bloody wait, it was strees full to sort all the crap out, we waitied less than 2 weeks to get the passport back from Bkk

If u have the time, please do it yourself, instead of going via an agent,,,you will save loads of money

Kind Regards

dirty

Well done, great feeling isn't it? Especially when you put the work in yourself.

Oh Yes & Eleven

Weeks to do now, i am still in Iraq, 2 more work weeks at work, than just over a week in Pattaya, can't wait now

The wife is excitied, getting ready to party hard in Liverpool/Manchester

It was time well spent, still nerve racking until you finally get the Visa in your hand

Be good people

Regards

dirty

• 2 weeks later...

My Thai GF flies home today, after her first 3 months stay, another story I will put on later. But had no problems with getting her visa, again we did by ourselves, We are now applying for a visa for her 10 year old to come here, with her in October during his school holidays. She can still use her visa for multiple entries until it expires in November. It is pretty easy to get , once more if you have all the documents.