IGNORED

Baseball fans

Guest Q

Who's gonna win the World series?

Believe it or not i love the game and i'm an O's fan as it was the first team i saw live at Camden yards and it's a great stadium. I know they are not too good but that comes from the other teams in their league.

yankees and red sox :P

The O's dont fail because of the Yankees or Redsuks. They fail because the owner Peter Angelos is a greedy bastard. He eats all the revenue from his team and puts the minimum back into the team. Its sad too cause Baltimore like New York City is a great baseball town, with amazing and loyal fans. Camden Yards is a very nice park and harkens back to the old days of baseball it its design.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

The O's dont fail because of the Yankees or Redsuks. They fail because the owner Peter Angelos is a greedy bastard. He eats all the revenue from his team and puts the minimum back into the team. Its sad too cause Baltimore like New York City is a great baseball town, with amazing and loyal fans. Camden Yards is a very nice park and harkens back to the old days of baseball it its design.

It's the best stadium i have been too outside Ibrox

Yeah its a nice place. The warehouse across right field is a nice part of the whole set up. I go to games atleast 6 times a season, whenever my clubs in town. The Yankees are building thier new stadium and will be open by the O9 season. They are going for the same Old time feel that Camden Yards is setting.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Yeah its a nice place. The warehouse across right field is a nice part of the whole set up. I go to games atleast 6 times a season, whenever my clubs in town. The Yankees are building thier new stadium and will be open by the O9 season. They are going for the same Old time feel that Camden Yards is setting.

The warehouse has the fan shop etc right?????

The ship i was in was In Baltimore, so we got free tickets and like a lot of Europeans i thought it was a silly game, very niavely. I went and was hooked. This was about march 1996ish. The game i was at was something like the 2nd longest game in history or something like that. But the good thing was the man and wife i sat next to explianed what was happening, they did'nt go to technical but it was a blessing as i think if it was'nt for them i would have left early. the skill and involved is amazing. But i now have got to know more about the tactics of the game which a lot of outsiders will not notice, i am in NO WAY an expert but love watching it.

I like watching the yankees, and when i was in LOS it was good to watch A-Rod doing so well after having had such a bad season last year and i think he took a fair bit of abuse (?) off you guys at the time too. Every time he stepped up to the plate you felt a home run was gonna happen. And Derek Jieter*, well i don't need to tell youmhow good the guy is and he always looks so relaxed even after getting poll axed with the ball :P

The game a few weeks ago against the red sox was great to watch where you were losing then in the 7 or 8th inning you had about 6 runs :P

Edited by Q

Yeah Baseball is a very complex and mental game. As a batter your thinking whats he going to throw me. as a pitcher your thinking what does he think Im going to throw. Total mind f**k. Derek is The man, totally unflappable and a true clutch hitter. He's earned his pinstripes in NY and is also the team captain. A position held by only a handfull of Yankee greats. Arod is awesome dude...Im a fan and love the guy. The fans in NYC are the harshest in the world when it comes to our guys not doing well. We've come to expect excellance. and at 260 million over ten years.. your expected to earn the money. Alex will break untold records in his time the homerun record set by Hank Arron is just the least of them. If he decides to opt out of his contract this year and go for more money.. who can blame him. The Yanks have got to sign him.

It's perfect !

Yeah Baseball is a very complex and mental game. As a batter your thinking whats he going to throw me. as a pitcher your thinking what does he think Im going to throw. Total mind f**k. Derek is The man, totally unflappable and a true clutch hitter. He's earned his pinstripes in NY and is also the team captain. A position held by only a handfull of Yankee greats. Arod is awesome dude...Im a fan and love the guy. The fans in NYC are the harshest in the world when it comes to our guys not doing well. We've come to expect excellance. and at 260 million over ten years.. your expected to earn the money. Alex will break untold records in his time the homerun record set by Hank Arron is just the least of them. If he decides to opt out of his contract this year and go for more money.. who can blame him. The Yanks have got to sign him.

Funny money. I don't think a lot of people in the UK realise how much american sports stars earn. We complian of someone earning £3m a year, roughly $5.8usd which is pocket change compared to you guys.

Funny money. I don't think a lot of people in the UK realise how much american sports stars earn. We complian of someone earning £3m a year, roughly $5.8usd which is pocket change compared to you guys.

For the next three years Arod would earn 27.5 million US if he dosnt opt out of his contract. If he does.. its speculated that he will look for upwards of 30 million a year. That dosnt include any endorsements which would earn him plenty more.

It's perfect !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For the next three years Arod would earn 27.5 million US if he dosnt opt out of his contract. If he does.. its speculated that he will look for upwards of 30 million a year. That dosnt include any endorsements which would earn him plenty more.

All I have to say is

pMLB2_1654542reg.jpg

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Sorry thats a miss print.

176610-3766.jpg

It's perfect !

sour grapes mate :rolleyes:

no just the truth. :)

It's perfect !

I sure hope that the Rockies win. Boston fans are amongst the nations most annoying, even when their teams suck. If they happen to win both this AND the Superbowl (which right now I'm 90% sure that they will) then I'm afraid I'll have to expatriate just to get away from them.

I sure hope that the Rockies win. Boston fans are amongst the nations most annoying, even when their teams suck. If they happen to win both this AND the Superbowl (which right now I'm 90% sure that they will) then I'm afraid I'll have to expatriate just to get away from them.

Good start for the red Sox last night :NoNo3:

Did you watch it Maangawan? :Ignore:

Which of course they did in the same season a few years ago :BirthdayCake1:

Baby-1.gif

For those that liked Camden Yards...you have not seen anything until you take a trip to Wrigley Field.

The park is beautiful and the bars around the stadium make for an atmosphere like no other.

I think the Rockies win in 7...much more balanced lineup.

Which of course they did in the same season a few years ago :D

Ouch! You just had to remind me! You are now my new mortal enemy (in jest, of course). The Sox looked great again tonight. Let's see if their other pitchers can keep it up in Colorado. Oh, the Boston College American football team had a great game tonight as well. Everything seems to be going quite well indeed for Boston sports.

Bloody Goddamn Redsucks.

Listen there is NO team in the NL that was going to beat an AL team this year. The SUCKS will take it unless there's a mass selling of souls in Colorado. What Im not looking foward to is faggot sucks fans saying they are a dynasty now... first win three in a row then get back to me with that. I hope Fenway burns down.

It's perfect !

Bloody Goddamn Redsucks.

Listen there is NO team in the NL that was going to beat an AL team this year. The SUCKS will take it unless there's a mass selling of souls in Colorado. What Im not looking foward to is faggot sucks fans saying they are a dynasty now... first win three in a row then get back to me with that. I hope Fenway burns down.

:D

But are the umpires well paid matey?

:D

But are the umpires well paid matey?

A Major League umpire's starting salary is around $120,000, with the senior umps earning up to $350,000. That may sound like a lot for what seems to be six months' work, but the umpire's season is considerably longer than that with Spring Training, All-Star Games and postseason play added into the mix.

It's perfect !

A Major League umpire's starting salary is around $120,000, with the senior umps earning up to $350,000. That may sound like a lot for what seems to be six months' work, but the umpire's season is considerably longer than that with Spring Training, All-Star Games and postseason play added into the mix.

A good wage.

I know you hate them but the Red Sox are gonna walk this series.