IGNORED

Homepage takes a long time to become active

docwho

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this happening or its unique to me.

When I open the main PA page with the forum index and everything else, the page comes up but is 'unclickable' or unscrollaable for 30 seconds, it just freezes. In that time if I click anything I get the 'not responding' message at the top of the screen.

After 30 seconds it seems to flash and then burst into life and everything is clickable, I can go anywhere I want.

If I open barstool banter, I can click on any thread and it will load straight away and if I want to go to another thread within barstool banter I can go back and make my choice and that will come up straight away.

But........

If I go back to the main page again and want to say for instance go to 'by the fireside', I get the 30 second freeze again.

This is a decent machine and I've tried it with the anti phishing thing turned off but to no avail. This is the only website this happens.

Apart from that everything else is spot on.

• Yes, same problem here on 2 different computers. This problem started over a month ago and is just not going away-must be a bug in the way the front page is programmed.

• 3 weeks later...

Try using this: Ghostry.

There are a metric ton of tracking & "helper" scripts loading on the site. Ghostry lets you manage the scripts on any page, blocking or permitting them on a per-site basis. I don't let them all load at once - I'll clear a few if I want them and block the rest - does a grand job.