IGNORED

wai!!

When is the best time to use this, what exactly is it? when shouldnt i use it? who should or shouldnt i use it on, Just sum exlanation would be nice thanks guys!

When is the best time to use this, what exactly is it? when shouldnt i use it? who should or shouldnt i use it on, Just sum exlanation would be nice thanks guys!

If your not sure then dont do it. but if you really want to know: never wai a child. wai some one that wais you in this manner, palms together about the middle of chest head slightly bowed but keep eye contact. For some one older than you or of higher status hands together at about your lip, nose areamake eye contact. To the King or a monk hands together and thumbs touching in between your eyebrows. I think this is right ive only ever done the first and surprised many thais that i do it at all since they dont expect a farang to do it.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

I always thought that you only wai someone who is superior to you. Hence you do not return a wai. When someone wais me I have just nodded in recognition of it. I have read in forums that Thais think poorly of a farang who wais back. Have I been wrong?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

To me and the non p4p girls ive been with in LOS, I learned from them and they said its a greeting between people and should be returned, the smiles I get are always sweet and not patronizing in anyway. I even performed a wai for a monk in the mall one day where I live he was all smiles started talking in thai..all I could say was mai mai.. nit noi. he just smiled and nodded.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Dont do it. it usualy just looks stupid. You have to know their age in relation to yours. Also there status in relation to you.

Thumbs below the chin is to a lower status or age a reply. Thumbs under the nose is to higher status age accepted or to older than you. Thumbs in line with the eyes is Bhuddah or Royalty high status monk etc.

Very complicated but my little daughter looks like an angel when she does it.

I thought basically you do it at different heights for different statuses. If buddha, then the finger tips will reach the top of the forehead. If monk and elders/important people finger tips will reach the nose. Doing it with freinds the finger tips should reach the chinn. Then child the palms will be around by your heart.

I think that every foreigner should do it. IMO it is polite and a good gester that you think/consider there culture. If you get it wrong there are smiles all round. At the end of the day you have the money they'll be nice to you regardless. If they think you look stupid then its laughter all round.

I definately vote give everyone a wai. If your going to wai a child then do that properly you dont want to confuse them. I wai the same to all the girls and go go staff, with my finger tips landing around the chinn.

I just cant see any disadvantages, i think i get a better reception from waiing. The girls seem to think it is funny cuz most of them are damn right rude and dont do it hehe

Besides when i go abroad i like doing things different and doing a wai here and there gets you in the mood of things.

In addition when i speak Thai, i am overly polite, I want us english to get a better impression left with the thais, or am i too late? lol

I thought basically you do it at different heights for different statuses. If buddha, then the finger tips will reach the top of the forehead. If monk and elders/important people finger tips will reach the nose. Doing it with freinds the finger tips should reach the chinn. Then child the palms will be around by your heart.

I think that every foreigner should do it. IMO it is polite and a good gester that you think/consider there culture. If you get it wrong there are smiles all round. At the end of the day you have the money they'll be nice to you regardless. If they think you look stupid then its laughter all round.

I definately vote give everyone a wai. If your going to wai a child then do that properly you dont want to confuse them. I wai the same to all the girls and go go staff, with my finger tips landing around the chinn.

I just cant see any disadvantages, i think i get a better reception from waiing. The girls seem to think it is funny cuz most of them are damn right rude and dont do it hehe

Besides when i go abroad i like doing things different and doing a wai here and there gets you in the mood of things.

In addition when i speak Thai, i am overly polite, I want us english to get a better impression left with the thais, or am i too late? lol

Here here. :Good_One:

It's perfect !

You are far to late :Drool: I speak thai like a bargirl and the bargirls love it :D

I do not wai to anyone who is welcoming me into their place of business, ie. a shop or a bar (unless they are friends and I know them)

I ALWAYS wai my Thai friends and people I know every time i see them. Also if someone older or in a high position I always wai them first I fine it always goes down well.

I think that you get more interest and often more respect if you do things the farang way and that is to offer to shake hands.

I just to that rather than wai, you will be surprised the amount of smiles and respect you will get for that as some Thais often believe that farangs only shake hands with someone who they consider to be a good person.