IGNORED

I have given up bringing My BMW bikes to Thailand, any suggestion on Thai Motorbikes?

Blueman Group

OK, I did all the background, they will want a fortune to either import my BMW bikes or buy the similiar models in Bangkok for about 60+% over what I paid in USA....

That said, what are the decent 50-(150cc if they have) Motorbikes that are quality and will last a while?

Brands models, thanks in advance...

honda click 125i

honda wave 125i

Yamaha Nouvo 135i

Best 3 bikes in thailand (under 150cc)

Maybe a Honda Airblade or a PCX also.

Job done.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit more sporty the Honda CBR 150cc decent little performer

the PCX is now 150cc and the Nouvo 135cc Elegance has been replaced by a new 125cc FI model called the SX.

the wave is a semi-auto, the clutch engages when you use the shift lever, while the Click and PCX are full autos.

have a look at pattaya superbikes web site, owner is a BM here. He has some really nice larger bikes. Also Roadmachines on third road near The Village resort has some bigger bikes second hand of course

Edited by biggles

I have seen the future and I want one - http://litmotors.com/

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Kawasaki and Ducati are the only "big bike" maufacturers selling some of their bikes in Thailand at reasonable prices, because they make them there.

Kawasaki D Tracker 250cc Bht152k

Kawasaki ER6n or r 650cc Bht250/265k

Kawasaki Versys 650cc Bht285k

Ducati Monster 795 Bh400k

Being from the USA, even these prices will be expensive, however, prices of imports are ridiculous.

Depends what you are going to use the bike for; all the above are good enough for touring in Thailand, Versys probably the most suitable. If you are mainly using around town, just get a scooter; Honda PCX, Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135cc (nolonger made but some still around), anything with twin shocks at the rear.

Just my opinions after living in Pattaya for nearly 5 years and riding various bikes. Other people my have other ideas.

Can't speak for the Japanese bikes but the Ducati is a pretty similar price to the UK. Do they sell Panigales over there?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Thank you a lot! I can live with the dual purpose versys as I do long distance riding, althoug I know raods and drivers are iffy in thailand.....Scooter for around town and Versys for long trips...thanks....8-)

i got fed up of bringing mine too, there was hardly any room left in the suitcase for my lube.

• 3 weeks later...

Most similar to the BMW on your pic are probably the Honda Phantom, 150 or 200ccm. Not comfy if you are tall and have long legs. Good for long distances, though.

HONDA_PHANTOM_200CC_black.jpg