IGNORED

Karting

Chris_shirl

Whats the best Karting track local to Pattaya? Never got the chance to try any when on holiday, but next time looking to :)

Any ideas of pricing, in UK its pretty expensive

the one off Thep Parasit road, 300 baht for about 10 mins on fast karts, 500 baht for 10 mins+ for the really fast karts

all the karts are proper high reving 2 stroke racing style karts (all be it oldish 2nd hand ones) not the boring 4 stroke style that UK places use.

Was there in April with Mark (Kessaya motobikes) and a couple of his mates and had a great afternoon, good if you can get a few mates down and make some races.

http://www.kart.thai.li/index_english.html

cheers

P4270006.jpgP4270010.jpgP4270046.jpg

sorry i am a crap photogrpher but you get the idea :)

cheers

Two tracks not mentioned, one right next to Mini Siam, they had some quick karts there. Also the kart track at Bira, looks to be about the best around Patts. Expect to pay a lot of money.

If you use http://easykart.net/ that is well run, you can also get a bush pig after your race! Cuz its near Jomtien overpass.

Easy kart has an excellent track really good. I think 200cc karts pretty quick also, I've never been to the one next to the mini Siam, but easy kart defo worth a look, we all go once every holiday it fills in an afternoon and it's a good laugh

If you use http://easykart.net/ that is well run, you can also get a bush pig after your race! Cuz its near Jomtien overpass.

I think i would rather the cleaner, at least we have a fair idea where shes been :GoldenSmile1:

ps easycart rocks

the one off Thep Parasit road, 300 baht for about 10 mins on fast karts, 500 baht for 10 mins+ for the really fast karts

all the karts are proper high reving 2 stroke racing style karts (all be it oldish 2nd hand ones) not the boring 4 stroke style that UK places use.

Was there in April with Mark (Kessaya motobikes) and a couple of his mates and had a great afternoon, good if you can get a few mates down and make some races.

http://www.kart.thai...ex_english.html

cheers

yes..this is way better than Easykart because the cars are quicker. It's a bit 'thai' in the sense that it's rough around the edges but it's safe enough and great fun. The 500baht karts are quick, you need to do opposite lock sometimes!!

they've changed prices to 400baht (fast karts) 600baht (super fast karts) but still a good deal

post-44180-0-59180800-1344972136.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Two tracks not mentioned, one right next to Mini Siam, they had some quick karts there. Also the kart track at Bira, looks to be about the best around Patts. Expect to pay a lot of money.

Bira is not too expensive but people tend to drive their own cars there. They have rental cars too but they did not look very fast.

http://www.kart.thai...ex_english.html

cheers

Thats the one i always go to, the 2 stroke's engine noise and speed really makes a difference you can get some speed up aswell on the main straight. There are also some off road tracks next door with buggys and stuff so make an afternoon out of it!

I've been to mini siam the track is not as good there but they have some fast looking racing karts, i was a cheap skate and had the normal ones, its ok but i prefer pattaya kart speedway, remember not to go off into the pond though, i beleive there is a big fine!

Sounds good, we will have to try these circuits next time we come out to pattaya. Anybody know how far the car race track is?

Bira is by far the best, it is a top track by any standards - go there taking route 36 to Rayong, about 3 kms after the intersection with highway 7, on the right hand side. Much faster than through Soi Siam Country Club, even if a few kms longer.

Yes, most people there have private karts, but the rental karts are fast as well (400 cc 4-stroke, and a few 250 cc 2-strokes).

The other circuits are better for the occasional karter though, not so far away and tamer (safer) karts, less demanding circuit...

Bira is by far the best, it is a top track by any standards - go there taking route 36 to Rayong, about 3 kms after the intersection with highway 7, on the right hand side. Much faster than through Soi Siam Country Club, even if a few kms longer.

Yes, most people there have private karts, but the rental karts are fast as well (400 cc 4-stroke, and a few 250 cc 2-strokes).

The other circuits are better for the occasional karter though, not so far away and tamer (safer) karts, less demanding circuit...

Any idea of prices or opening times ?

yes i popped down a while ago and it just seemed to be people with there own karts...will have to go again and scope out karts to rent and prices etc...unless anyone knows detials?

post-44180-0-59180800-1344972136.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 4 months later...

Are both the karting tracks far from central Pattaya am staying in soi Diana/ LK Metro area was hoping someone may know how far walking distance they are from here?

Cheers Gogo dog but is that the easy kart centre or the other one? Seems like a bit of a mission to get there.

I've located the other track now so no worries thanks for the map gogo dog

The one at the end of WS is fun if you just want a bit of fun with a few beers but we went out to bits only to find its only open fri-sat-sun so went back to the one near the bungee place? Think it was off sykhumvit. The karts were old bangers but fuck they were fast!! 125 2 strokes, it cost 1500 bht for 12 minutes, expensive but unbelievably fast and fairly tight track. After that session only one of the boys was keen to go again, the rest of us were stuffed! One of the boys spewed afterward he was so exhausted. Damn good fun

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

The track at the end of Walking Street is good but the karts are normal rental 4-stroke fare. OK to hone technique though as one has to be be neat and maintain momentum.

The track off Thep Parasit Road (pictured in a post above) has faster but maybe not better karts, if you used to be a racer.

I think i will go for the 2-stroke karts.

Batbuss for the three of us i guess?

Ok. English is not my first language but if i wrote in Swedish not many would understand.

• 9 months later...

http://www.kart.thai.li/index_english.html

I really liked this place as well.  The track layout is great.  The speeds you can reach will seriously get your attention.  The 2-cycle carts are very responsive.  My favorite sign was "500Baht for driving into the Water" or something along those lines.  

When you're fucking, its life.  Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

best value for money is the track at soi 9 thepprasit.

on the beginner course, 350 baht for 10 mins with a standard kart.

500 baht for 10 m ins on the "pro" track with a racing kart.

everything is a bit dated, but good fun and good bang for the buck.

Easykart used to be expensive, and it seems they further increased their prices. The last time I checked there, I turned back because pricing was over the top.

• 4 months later...

this sounds like a a great activity for an afternoon. Glad to see there are some choices nearby.

Archived