IGNORED

Clitoria Ternatea....My Favourite Flower

Clitoria ternatea.jpg

Something about the shape of the flower seems to have inspired the Latins who make up those names. This time the name is unforgettable although the Thais call this the Butterfly Pea and use it in cooking and as a medicine.

tea.jpg

In Thailand, a syrupy blue drink is made called nam dok anchan (น้ำดอกอัญชัน) but it is also used in Burma where they dip the flowers in batter and deep fry them. The Malay’s use the flowers as a food colouring but I can’t remember too much blue food.

rice.jpg

Although there are myths relating to the use of the flower to cure a variety of sexual problems there are some medicinal value including a cure for Whooping Cough and a cure for Goitres. Recently the microbiologists are combining this plant in anti cancer treatment.

The Thais however often use the flower as hair colouring and think it promotes hair growth so if your Teerak starts giving you a blue syrup drink or rubs flowers in your hair then she might be saying something about that bald spot.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Lovely looking flower. :)

I know some pussy lips that look like flower petals.

Those are my favorite.

Thanks for the botany lesson. 5555

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Lovely looking flower. :)

I know some pussy lips that look like flower petals.

Those are my favorite.

Thanks for the botany lesson. 5555

I think that is the idea....

Not so much a botany lesson as another tidbit of information about Thailand. The more we know the more we can appreciate this country.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about flowers but it is interesting. An appropriate flower for the guys that sponser Thai girls would be the Forget Me Not!

I don't know much about flowers but it is interesting. An appropriate flower for the guys that sponser Thai girls would be the Forget Me Not!

For a lot of guys Poison Ivy......Lek/Som/Ning/Wan etc. would be more likely !

Or a 'Penus' Fly Trap....?!

• 6 months later...

A lovely flower indeed, and I do like the resemblence of the inner petals to labia minora, my favorite latin food.

Not you usual run of the mill topic, i like it.

Stevie

Archived