Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

best cheapest car rental in pattaya ?

rama lama dingdong

we need to rent a car on and off over 6 week period from 16th june 12....we are going to patts the isaan etc. where can we get a decent small car, easy on juice.

thanks in advance guys

You should check the local Thailand websites for Hertz, Avis and National as they offer quite competitive monthly rates with the added bonus that if you have a problem they have offices in most large cities that have airports as well as Pattaya. Note their online prices usually do not reflect the monthly rates but you can make the request online and they will email you back with rates. They tend to have different brands of cars depending on their alliances. Also should consider the Toyota pickup as 4dr. diesels can be a good deal compares to small cars and offer economy, cheaper fuel, some steel around you when on the highway and good on rough roads. Avis rents the pickup with a camper style cover over the bed so can put luggage in there and have plenty of room in the cab.

Common sense is not very common.

There are about 3-4 car rental places in Soi Baukhow, I have previously used the one opposite the Soi that has Teen Girls massage in it. It is also just North od the Sawadee hotel in Baukhow.

There is a carpark behind the little booth he has, parking for 40baht all day & noigh.

He is an elderly gent & is open to some discussion about the price of the vehcile is a longer term rental.

He never checks the car or fuel guage & is very trustworthy.

Sorry no better instructions but I have my own car now & don't use him.

There are also some more towards Pattaya Tai but never used them so can't comment.

Cheers

Call Nick (0861586322) He rents cars from his resort in Bang Saray and has just purchased a new Nissan Almera after seeing the one I bought.I believe its available now for about baht 1000/day all inclusive.

Good luck; drive safely.

Good advice to get 4dr pickup. If you are going with a TG to see her family they will want you to drive them ALL to the prawn farm, the fartherest temple in their proividence from their house and multiple trips to Carefore and Lotus.

I own a Toyota there. I always take big contractor style garbage bags to put suitcases in so they don't get wet if it rains

Just remember if you do drive a pickup and carry extended family in the load bed/tray and have a bad accident and they are flung out onto the road and killed, they are not covered by the vehicle insurance. Guess who will be paying out big dough.

• 1 month later...

Good advice to get 4dr pickup. If you are going with a TG to see her family they will want you to drive them ALL to the prawn farm, the fartherest temple in their proividence from their house and multiple trips to Carefore and Lotus.

I own a Toyota there. I always take big contractor style garbage bags to put suitcases in so they don't get wet if it rains

Good advise about the garbage bags, been caught out myself.

Direk motors in Soi Buakhow is also good. Hired a vigo from them bcoz Bob was busy.

Hired from Avis one time from Don Meuang airport, and never again. Excessive fees, and three day wait for the

deposit to be credited to your account. These two I have mentioned, check the car at return, and refund the

cash. All good.

I'll need to rent a car for about 10 days on my next trip. I never take cards to thailand, Can I stilll rent a car in Pattaya without a credit card? In Chiang Mai it wasn't a problem but I'm unsure for Patts?

Any advice/recomendations?

• 3 months later...