IGNORED

1-2- Top Up Rip Off?

This has happened to me half a dozen times now...

- My balance is low, 20 baht or so

- I go to the convenience store and top up 500 baht.

- I check my balance, and it's 420 baht.

Always like this, 100 baht short. It doesn't happen every time I top up, but it has happened half a dozen times or so.

Has this happened to you?

Does anyone have any idea(s) what to do?

The convenience store clerks don't (understandably)

Thanks

From my experience when you check your balance it is not accurate , or it is delayed. I would often get a txt message showing my balance one 1 day and then 2 days later get a txt for my balance for a different amount even though i did not make a call . Its a bit weird ,

Im with 1-2 and never had the problem. When I put money into it ,it shows up straight away.

Are you topping up electronically?

I always buy the top up cards and have never had a problem

is checking your balance a free call? I have never asked that to be honest but could well be chargeable.

Do you have music when people call? I know that cost X baht per month. Or maybe data costs are slow coming out. My mates LT was having a similar problem when she got a new phone because she didn't know how to switch off her Internet.

Work the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde

Im with 1-2 and never had the problem. When I put money into it ,it shows up straight away.

Same here. Never a problem.

*121# will get the balance on a 1-2 Call mobile

When you top up you should get a text message with the top up amount added.

Cheers...

*121# will get the balance on a 1-2 Call mobile

When you top up you should get a text message with the top up amount added.

Cheers...

yes... never a problem

Please check your GPRS is turned off on your phone or call 1175. Customer services are very helpful and will check to see if you have GPRS on, ringtone subscription or other extras which are charged for automatically. They will then turn off any extras that are costing you money when you top up.

The BEST place to stay in Pattaya.

Check out: www.soldinasia.com

Luxury Holiday Villa's in the Heart of South Pattaya.

2 & 4 Bedroom Luxury Villa's with Private Swimming Pool's ONLY 1400m (under a mile) to Walking Street.

Could be a monthly subscription to something that came out when the credit was topped up.

Umm, is it possible the store clerks are only topping it up for 400 and keeping the extra 100?

never had a problem have some one check what call plan you are on

you could on something that you don't need and are being charged for every time you top up

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

If you are burning through several lots of 500 or even 400 you must be making a lot of calls or phoning international or using data. Local calls/SMS and even international SMS are dirt cheap. If its a smart phone I suspect a data use problem. Ditch it and buy a simple Nokia from Tukcom.

I always use 1-2-call and never had a problem. i get the cashier in the 7-11 to do it for me and she then shows me SMS to confirm credit which comes through immediately. suggest you do this and don't pay until you see credit via SMS.

Never had a problem... Other Note, for those who are Expat, 119 baht a month for 400 sms a month... Cheak online AIS.com

Never happened to me.

@ Ohyesurnot - "Store Clerk" can't do that - how? - ridiculous.

GPRS switched on sounds most likely to me.

Never happened to me.

@ Ohyesurnot - "Store Clerk" can't do that - how? - ridiculous.

GPRS switched on sounds most likely to me.

I don't know that is why I asked if it is possible. I figured they can punch it in for 400, keep the extra 100 and he doesn't notice until he is outside the store and checks his balance. Just seemed strange that it is always exactly 100 baht short when it happens.

I don't know that is why I asked if it is possible. I figured they can punch it in for 400, keep the extra 100 and he doesn't notice until he is outside the store and checks his balance. Just seemed strange that it is always exactly 100 baht short when it happens.

The amount is shown on the top up printout or card and is barcode generated or printed by the till.

The amount will also show on the screen and your receipt.

Nothing is impossible it seems, but I can't see how they would do it except perhaps to a blind man, who they then entered the top up for.

I don't think that was so in this case.

I'm talking about Family Marts and 7-Elevens.

Ya that makes sense, I have seen some ladies just put key in their number at the terminal and then hand over the cash. Maybe they refuse the receipt or I didn't notice it being given. I always top mine up through online banking. Maybe as you said it is the GPRS and it allows him to go into -100 baht maximum and then when he tops up again that amount is removed.

I have never had an issue when I top up. I stand right at the counter in the 7 11 and have them do it for me then check my balance. I suggest you do the same and if the balance is not what you paid have them make it right before you leave. Very simple.

I have never had an issue when I top up. I stand right at the counter in the 7 11 and have them do it for me then check my balance. I suggest you do the same and if the balance is not what you paid have them make it right before you leave. Very simple.

HaHa - so it's you holding up the line. Lucky we don't all do that.

Is *120* etc really that difficult? :hello09:

When I first started my trips over there I would get them to do it also.

Personally it think it's more fun to get a Bargirl to do it now. :)

Good for pretending to be a newbie. Haha

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Not for you, but then you aren't Russian, Arab, or Indian. I've never seen top-up cards for more than 100 baht in the convenience stores, not the old scratch cards, nor the new printed ones from the cash register. Every time I ask for more than 100 Baht, I get several cards 50 or 100 Baht worth.

Not for you, but then you aren't Russian, Arab, or Indian. I've never seen top-up cards for more than 100 baht in the convenience stores, not the old scratch cards, nor the new printed ones from the cash register. Every time I ask for more than 100 Baht, I get several cards 50 or 100 Baht worth.

Pretty sure *120*.....................# is the same for everyone na?

Hells teeth, if you can't cope with that, how did you even get here?

Did your Mum bring you? :hello09: