IGNORED

is your beer cold ?

Alan lad

hi guys

Well i am on my honeymoon as the wife has gone for a 4500 bt massage (i did not want one at that price) and is gone for 2 hours ,i thought i would do some threads that i should have done a while back.

I am out to try and improve the bar and the service we give and as such over the next few days i will be asking some stupid things PLEASE bear with me !

I was thinking about having most of my bottled beer chilled in ice water as over here fridges are just not cold enough in my view .

D/beer sorry guys that is a hard one to get colder than we have now ,but if you say its not cold enough we will try again .

So tell me is your beer cold enough when you are out drinking or would you like it colder than you get now ,please dont just talk about my bar BUT if this is some thing you find in other bars tell me (just dont name the bar as this might be unfair to them)

Does cold beer make you want to drink more (i dont drink beer) ?

alan

As long as it is not frozen beer can never be too cold. I hate warm beer.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Giday Shane,

A common complaint while in Pats.especially from Aussies,the Poms God love them,love warm beer.

On my visits to LD1 recently,YES the beer was cold,but maybe chilled glasses might be something to consider in the future.

Ned

Giday Shane,

A common complaint while in Pats.especially from Aussies,the Poms God love them,love warm beer.

On my visits to LD1 recently,YES the beer was cold,but maybe chilled glasses might be something to consider in the future.

Ned

Ned, contrary to popular belief we don't actually drink warm beer in England mate :GoodNews1:

Doesn't matter to me most times whether it is hot or cold, although on a hot day a cold one is appreciated a bit more. Most times I'm happy if it is wet.

Most times I'm happy if it is wet.

Same here.. I start drinking more after the first couple of beers, whether ice cold or just a little cold

I love my beer super chilled to about 3 degree's, if you can do that I would be damn happy!

I love my beer super chilled to about 3 degree's, if you can do that I would be damn happy!

The old stainless steel fridges that you find in small shops with the freezer part at the bottom and the glas compartments at the top are the best. I can understand why many bars like the look of the fancy fridges, but if you want the beer at 3 degrees get on of these steel ones. There is a guy on Soi Siam Country Club who sells re-conditioned ones for 5K, had one put in at home out of sight in the maid's room. Thank goodness we don't have a maid or the poor thing would never fit in there and if she could would try and steal my Chang....................

hi guys

Well i am on my honeymoon as the wife has gone for a 4500 bt massage (i did not want one at that price) and is gone for 2 hours ,i thought i would do some threads that i should have done a while back.

I am out to try and improve the bar and the service we give and as such over the next few days i will be asking some stupid things PLEASE bear with me !

I was thinking about having most of my bottled beer chilled in ice water as over here fridges are just not cold enough in my view .

D/beer sorry guys that is a hard one to get colder than we have now ,but if you say its not cold enough we will try again .

So tell me is your beer cold enough when you are out drinking or would you like it colder than you get now ,please dont just talk about my bar BUT if this is some thing you find in other bars tell me (just dont name the bar as this might be unfair to them)

Does cold beer make you want to drink more (i dont drink beer) ?

alan

Here's a thought for you:

A couple of Thai guys opened a short-lived hole-in-the-wall shophouse bar near me a couple of months ago. I loved it as it was cheap as chips but it's location and irregular opening times meant it closed quite quickly.

One of its great innovations was a beer cooling machine. The machine looked like a wooden beer barrel and was full of iced water which was agitated by the two halves of the barrel moving around. Beer bottles were placed in it and reduced from room temperatue to iced perfection in a matter of seconds. The machine cost around 10,000 baht and I'm looking for one for my house.

It is a fantastic piece of kit which comercial beer sellers should consider as being a great USP and a practical way of giving their customers great cold beer at all times.

Buy one.

Oh, and by the way, you are accruing serious brownie points with me for consulting with your customers this way. You can certainly expect my custom in future and as amarketing tool it's a damn sight more effective than most other bar-owners (and bar-owners' husbands) around here.

Edited by Chris Pattaya

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

In my opinion the perfect beer temperature is such that the top half of said beer turns to slush when opened. Yummy :D:P:Busted:

If the package is unbelievable..... Check the product before making a purchase.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt.

"You can't fix stupid." -Ron White

alan

I have to concur with the other posters - it is nice that you consult the board about ways to improve your bar.

I prefer my beers as cold as possible (without being frozen) and will probably drink more if they are served that way. I also agree with you that storing the bottles in melting ice is the best method (that I know).The beer cooling machine Chris Pattaya mentions (which apparently also uses icy water) sound like a good option to get the beers cold fast if you have a busy evening.

<!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Time%20to%20Pattaya&count=down&time=1331452800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Use the <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown generator</a> to create your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

I don't drink lager so can't comment, would be excellent if you had John Smiths on draught though :P

Bassgod and M.Mike are my best mates, not in a gay way..or is it?

Here's a thought for you:

A couple of Thai guys opened a short-lived hole-in-the-wall shophouse bar near me a couple of months ago. I loved it as it was cheap as chips but it's location and irregular opening times meant it closed quite quickly.

One of its great innovations was a beer cooling machine. The machine looked like a wooden beer barrel and was full of iced water which was agitated by the two halves of the barrel moving around. Beer bottles were placed in it and reduced from room temperatue to iced perfection in a matter of seconds. The machine cost around 10,000 baht and I'm looking for one for my house.

It is a fantastic piece of kit which comercial beer sellers should consider as being a great USP and a practical way of giving their customers great cold beer at all times.

Buy one.

Oh, and by the way, you are accruing serious brownie points with me for consulting with your customers this way. You can certainly expect my custom in future and as amarketing tool it's a damn sight more effective than most other bar-owners (and bar-owners' husbands) around here.

Hi

I will be in pats around the 4th of October and will be staying at Kevin's place(Jasmine mansion), let me know where I can pick up one of the Kits, It will make a nice addition to my House BAR in Dubai.

Cheers

Sanjay