IGNORED

California WOW! info

balls

I've just had the sales pitch for the above, and would care to share it with you.

Having seen this California wow sign for some time now on the building at soi 13, I thought it would be some sort of theme park or amusement arcade.

what it actually is, is a health club, with branches in patts, BKK, chiang mai and other asian cities.

it is a health club and fitness centre, with spa facilities.

it will open in October, but they are canvassing for members at reduced rates, now.

There is nothing to see, and you cannot have a tour yet, but i am assured that will be resolved when open, you have to go by leaflets and a video for now.

It will be a state of the art gym with life fitness equipment, weights and CV. There are dance classes, fitness classes, spinning and yoga

a spa area with sauna and steam, (it will be very interesting if this is to be mixed)..

membership allows you to use any centre in the chain throughout asia.

membership for one year at the introductory rate is ONLY 10,000 bt!!!, they were offering 3 month, 6 month and 9 months to entice me to sign on the spot, and they even offered me a daily rate of 1,000bt.

I got up and walked off laughing at that point.

Tony is only 19.999 bt for lifetime membership and that includes full use of the Japanese spa as well and the Muay Thai facilities.

i wouldnt do a class so would not use that facility, so its rednudant.

there are other Gyms in patts that will offer cheaper than tony, but i dont think they have the facilties tony offers, ie massage, spa and dip pool.

so there's the info to make your own choice.

Tomski thanks for the information mate,if u have any news on the places let us now.

And if there is a chance to take some pics......u know what to do.

greets sponge

I got the sales pitch when the sales office first opened at Avenue Pattaya about three weeks ago. The gym is expected to open at the end of October. A membership also gives you access to their gym in Bangkok. The gym in Bangkok is a good facility, but the Bangkok California Wow gym has a bad reputation for constantly pressuring its existing members to purchase extras (classes, personal training sessions, etc.).

I have to admit, at 10,000 baht for a 1 year membership, it sounds good, but I will still wait until I can see the equipment and gym layout. I was quoted a higher price of 888 baht per month (that's the advertised membership monthly fee) and 2000 baht sign-up fee. I was quoted about 23,000 baht for a two year membership. It's good to know that they seem more flexible on the early membership price, now that they realize people aren't too keen on laying down cash for a gym that hasn't been built.

Here are a pic of the sales office location, I took back in mid-August. The gym itself will be located on the second and third floors of Avenue Pattaya shopping complex.

145227-7030.jpg

If you're interested, California Wow - Pattaya

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

When I enquired last week, they wanted B18,000 for the year and B45,000 for a lifetime membership - the rest being on some kind of sliding scale. I would wait until they're open, perhaps they will have made their minds up by then.

Be scene and not herd.

While I don't have a membership there, EVERYTHING I've read/heard from people who have been CA WoW members is NEGATIVE!

Whatever you do, I would start with the 'minimum' membership thus risking only a small amount.

Good man ! Fuck all these high class places these people (led by Neils Colov) are trying to bring into Pattaya. They want this whole place upscale. I am sure most of us want the old Pattaya.

I got the sales pitch when the sales office first opened at Avenue Pattaya about three weeks ago. The gym is expected to open at the end of October. A membership also gives you access to their gym in Bangkok. The gym in Bangkok is a good facility, but the Bangkok California Wow gym has a bad reputation for constantly pressuring its existing members to purchase extras (classes, personal training sessions, etc.).

I have to admit, at 10,000 baht for a 1 year membership, it sounds good, but I will still wait until I can see the equipment and gym layout. I was quoted a higher price of 888 baht per month (that's the advertised membership monthly fee) and 2000 baht sign-up fee. I was quoted about 23,000 baht for a two year membership. It's good to know that they seem more flexible on the early membership price, now that they realize people aren't too keen on laying down cash for a gym that hasn't been built.

Here are a pic of the sales office location, I took back in mid-August. The gym itself will be located on the second and third floors of Avenue Pattaya shopping complex.

147558-6919.jpg

If you're interested, California Wow - Pattaya

Thanks mate for the pic.

greets sponge

Screw the Gym, I'm not fit enough to even get the door open. :)

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdowns&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/skins/a40.swf&text=I%20Come%20back%20to%20Paradise%20City&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=10&day=5&hour=14&minute=30&second=31&x=11&y=135" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdowns</small></center>

• 2 years later...

I have also walked by this place so many times and never had my way in there to check it out. Now soon :) I will be staying in LOS again for 7 weeks and I need a gymcard that gives me acces to classes and normal gym machines.

Is this place CA WOW something to consider or is there better places in Pattaya?

They certainly have some fit girls there...

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Damn she looks good and sure have a smoking body :-) Maybe that will be enough to take the chance and buy a membership there this trip. Its always nice to have something to look at when training.

Thanks for the photo !

• 2 weeks later...

Ball, California arcade mall seems great. I have never been there but when I read about all things which are provided in the mall I was really amazed. It would be great to visit this mall specially to have spa and dance classes.

Had a one day membership there. Was totally disappointing. For the price that I paid, I think I got ripped off bad. Probably the only negative exp I got from Pattaya

WOW! The OP had 1602 posts & was banned. I wonder why?

Hope he doesn't join again & start with the same old agenda.

Peace. :rolleyes:

sgu_banner.gif

Which else places have both fitness-classes(spinning, Pump, core etc) and normal gym with free weights and machines? Because I got the feeling according to other members that this Ca Wow is maybe not a good place after all.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know a reasonable price to be paying for two months membership without the classes ? There are so many different prices out there being quoted

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know a reasonable price to be paying for two months membership without the classes ? There are so many different prices out there being quoted

I was quoted close to (but less than) 5k for 2 months (incl Yoga (usually an additional 1000 THB/month charge) + 3 PT sessions). The whole process was rather dodgey - as if they were not putting the whole package on paper to make the sale look good on their books (but I am sure they'd honor the agreement). Will let you know if any issues in the coming months...

its across the road for me hence why for the first time I didnt hesitate to make an on-the-spot decision .. o'wise I research research research

• 4 weeks later...

decent gym, but crap music inside repeated over and over and over again

Posted Image

Simon +66 (0) 874406060

Josh +66 (0) 820889263

Fun Golfing days /Bar Crawls to The Darkside and Banchang/ Hotel / Bar / Diner

Email : [email protected]

http://www.the-i-rovers.com/

Up to date happenings and Live Sports Schedule add us on Facebook

LIVE WEBCAM http://lk-metro.com

VOTED BEST LIVE SPORTS BAR IN PATTAYA

i-rovers often Copied NEVER Equalled

All room enquirys please email: [email protected] LK METRO WEBCAMS HERE www.lk-metro.com